Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissJinx

Unique/Legendary Commanders

13 comments in this topic

[G-AB]
75 posts
1,531 battles

Now we have these Legendary Commanders such as Lutjens and Yamamoto who have special talents and gimmicks. They however cost so much to have, practically making you grind for coal. However, there are also historic Commanders who can be had for 1500 doubloons, such as Hood and Matsuji Iujin. They don't seem to have any special abilities or gimmicks like the more Legendary ones. I would think that they should also have, perhaps just one special talent and gimmick for them. After all, they are historic in their own rights...

[G-AB]
75 posts
1,531 battles
21 minutes ago, Watboy said:

That would make the game "pay to win"....

... even more so

That's why I quantified that these lower Legendry Commanders should only have one special talent and one gimmick instead of the two (or even three) talents and gimmicks that the higher Legendary Commanders have, so that it isn't overkill.

Edited by MissJinx

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
5 hours ago, Watboy said:

That would make the game "pay to win"....

... even more so

There are 'twins' (Doe, Jutland, Dunkirk, Rong brothers) options in the armoury for dubloons, we're already there and it isn't really P2W as we're talking about some minor buffed traits.

I compleley agree with Jinx, adding some buffed characteristics to some of these should be a thing, but IMO minor ones like the twins of various nations.

Each nation having a legendary and a couple of buffed should be a thing but not all nations are created equal.

Some have more than just a couple and some don't even have 'twins' (honestly, I still don't understand why IJN doesn't - it's a disgrace).

I really want a Commonwealth unique commander so I can start training him up.

I already have 2 Commonwealth 19 pointers but a buffed one would be amazing...

I'll take buffed DE and AR thanks :Smile_trollface:

• Thanks 1

[G-AB]
75 posts
1,531 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

There are 'twins' (Doe, Jutland, Dunkirk, Rong brothers) options in the armoury for dubloons, we're already there and it isn't really P2W as we're talking about some minor buffed traits.

I compleley agree with Jinx, adding some buffed characteristics to some of these should be a thing, but IMO minor ones like the twins of various nations.

Each nation having a legendary and a couple of buffed should be a thing but not all nations are created equal.

Some have more than just a couple and some don't even have 'twins' (honestly, I still don't understand why IJN doesn't - it's a disgrace).

I really want a Commonwealth unique commander so I can start training him up.

I already have 2 Commonwealth 19 pointers but a buffed one would be amazing...

I'll take buffed DE and AR thanks :Smile_trollface:

Well, I'm not talking about the generic unique Commanders (generic since they're not real historical figures, like one is named John Doe, ironically used as a stand-in name for unidentified individuals). I'm talking about real historical figures such as Iujin, Hood, Bonte and others. These figures have only 10 skill points but no special talent or enhanced skill. Heck even one of the "twins" have enhanced skills. As real historical figures, I think these should have at least one talent and one personalization. For instance, Lutjens has four talents and three personalizations, on top of having 10 skill points. Iujin only has 10 skill points even though he is more than your average generic Commander.

Matsuji.jpg

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,594 posts
5,569 battles

yes I raised this elsewhere that IJN only has one Commander with special skills so far, Yamamoto.

Seems a little off, when Russia has at least one, Germany, USA and UK.

Italy also only has one.

Europe? one?.

Commonwealth? dunno?.

I thought IJN with its huge investment and spread of ship types would have more than one.

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
3 hours ago, MissJinx said:

Well, I'm not talking about the generic unique Commanders (generic since they're not real historical figures, like one is named John Doe, ironically used as a stand-in name for unidentified individuals). I'm talking about real historical figures such as Iujin, Hood, Bonte and others. These figures have only 10 skill points but no special talent or enhanced skill. Heck even one of the "twins" have enhanced skills. As real historical figures, I think these should have at least one talent and one personalization. For instance, Lutjens has four talents and three personalizations, on top of having 10 skill points. Iujin only has 10 skill points even though he is more than your average generic Commander.

Matsuji.jpg

Yes I realise, that's what I mean.

I was also pointing out IJN had been short changed.

5 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

yes I raised this elsewhere that IJN only has one Commander with special skills so far, Yamamoto.

Seems a little off, when Russia has at least one, Germany, USA and UK.

Italy also only has one.

Europe? one?.

Commonwealth? dunno?.

I thought IJN with its huge investment and spread of ship types would have more than one.

It's funny, there's unique commanders and enhanced ones.

Most have unique (have buffed characteristics on top of buffed skills)

USN, KM, RN, SN and PA have enhanced 'twins' that have buffed skills. And then there's a few Ovetchkins.

Yeah, IJN should absolutely have twins... It's crazy it doesn't and complete BS.

Yep, EU has Jerzy.

Nope, Commonwealth doesn't have any.

[G-AB]
75 posts
1,531 battles
3 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

USN, KM, RN, SN and PA have enhanced 'twins' that have buffed skills. And then there's a few Ovetchkins.

Yeah, IJN should absolutely have twins... It's crazy it doesn't and complete BS.

Yep, EU has Jerzy.

That's why I made this thread, to call to attention this one. Note that Iujin, Bronte, Hood, Chandler and Trubetskoy were real people and at one time or another contributed to naval history. Maybe not in the same way as Yamamoto, but certainly they deserve to be better represented in the game than just having 10 points and no other special feature. Like I said, even the twins have at least one of them have enhanced skills. I think these men mentioned deserve to be honored better ingame. At least have them have one unique talent and one personalization each.

Chandler.jpg

Hood.jpg

Matsuji.jpg

Trubetskoy.jpg

Bonte.jpg

• Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,594 posts
5,569 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yep, EU has Jerzy.

And the EU one is currently unavailable to get since event finished, right?.

I had no chance of getting him, but he would have been so tasty in my Halland.

And the bloody Italian one, STILL costs a HUGE 6k coal per container, and I've spent over 50k coal JUST getting duplicates, so I gave up.

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
1 hour ago, Metal_illness said:

And the EU one is currently unavailable to get since event finished, right?.

And the bloody Italian one, STILL costs a HUGE 6k coal per container, and I've spent over 50k coal JUST getting duplicates, so I gave up.

Duplicates can be spent to get the missing items... I can't remember what the exchange rate is though.

EU one will be available in the armoury at some point, they did say as much when he released.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,594 posts
5,569 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Duplicates can be spent to get the missing items... I can't remember what the exchange rate is though.

EU one will be available in the armoury at some point, they did say as much when he released.

But you get a normal Captain to 19 points while you waiting for chance to get special Commander, you don't want to start again, even at 10 points starting position.

Most ships to be competitive and unlock their potential require AT LEAST a 14 point Captain. Well done right there, WG....just another way to unbalance the MM...

Duplicates are great, until you realise you need 5 duplicates to unlock ONE item in collection.

At 6k coal per duplicate thats 6000 x 5= 30,000 coal can easily be wasted just to unlock ONE item from the Italian collection.

This happened to me, so spending any more coal became completely and utterly stupid.

Edited by Metal_illness
really

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
51 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

But you get a normal Captain to 19 points while you waiting for chance to get special Commander, you don't want to start again, even at 10 points starting position.

Most ships to be competitive and unlock their potential require AT LEAST a 14 point Captain. Well done right there, WG....just another way to unbalance the MM...

Duplicates are great, until you realise you need 5 duplicates to unlock ONE item in collection.

At 6k coal per duplicate thats 6000 x 5= 30,000 coal can easily be wasted just to unlock ONE item from the Italian collection.

This happened to me, so spending any more coal became completely and utterly stupid.

Well then don't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with buffed captains on principle but they're in the game.

In this case you are complaining about something that is effectively free.

You have a few options.

- Don't play the respective line of the captain you hope to get.

- Have 2 captains for that line, for your two fave ships.

- Spend your coal to get sansonetti or don't

- Play your 19 pointers enough to get multiple captains to 14.

WoWS is a Freemium game, which meanings grindyness and spending money for an easier grind and/or better stuff.

It's your time and money, invest it how you will. But Sansonetti being expensive for coal you may not like but all it takes is time. Halsey and Yamamoto are the same.

Not having a go at you but I don't see the issue here...

WGs business model is based around powercreep, artificial scarcity and skipping the grind.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[BONED]
600 posts
7,777 battles
18 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Absolutely correct, never have 2 capn specials fitted so well with a ship. 

Pretty common to trigger the torp reload at least once, my best is 3 times. Throw in his AR bonus and you are throwing torps out left right and centre towards the end. 

AA boost is pretty easy too. 

Sign in to follow this