Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Metal_illness

No modern siliwangi review?

8 comments in this topic

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,461 battles

CC's are getting slack.

Flamus review from 4 months ago is quite bad, says its not worth getting.

It's torps can't hurt other dds so it can't contest caps until later in battles, I wonder how the AA is against the massive enterprise swarms, or the fdr planes that just never die, even to Halland AA.

It's main guns don't look very good for gun fighting dds, but it's kind of average at everything?.

[LBAS]
1,926 posts
3,663 battles

Its not bad, just too bad

Its skorry class DD, the advance version of Ognevoi, yet why the heck WG give Gnevny gun. Bad accuracy, NO DUAL PURPOSE AA, sloow traverse.

The weird shit is, Ognevoi got 4 kind of consummable, yet Siliwangi not having speed boost is totally unacceptable. The ship is damn slow with nerfed acceleration compared to Ognevoi.

I told ya, Gadjah Mada is more OP than this piece of nerfed Gnevny.

In term of balance, everything is fine IF WG GIVE OGNEVOI GUN! ITS SKORRY CLASS, we need its dual purpose AA main battery and same accuracy and travel speed.

Btw, this ship can still workable, it can do fine......

The problem is, its crap compared to Ognevoi.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles

AFAICT , seems nobody like this boat, not even the owners .. and its a reward ship at first so many do got it for free but its seldom met in game , tells , right , the problem with pretty much all torpedo boat today, not enough range too long a reload, and lousy torp detection distance; if WG aim for Torpedo boat to be able to torpedo enemy then almost all need to be buffed to reflect what the games like now , and might be even the alpha cause its lacking at that too.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,461 battles

Yeah, WG put in the premium shop, and its way down hidden in the ships, not even advertised in feature sales...

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor
845 posts
8,354 battles

I would buy Lo yang instead. She is far superior imo

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,929 posts
11,017 battles
1 hour ago, WorIdofWarsheeps said:

I would buy Lo yang instead. She is far superior imo

This! ^^^^^

6 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

CC's are getting slack.

Flamus review from 4 months ago is quite bad, says its not worth getting.

CCs is a tough one though. To be honest the rate at which WG pumps out ships can make it hard to get reviews done for everything.

Siliwangi review from 4 months ago is still relevant so I'm not sure why you'd be annoyed?

Making a review of a ship is time consuming if you do it right, you need to play it enough to get the footage, enough to know how good or bad it is, test out different builds.

Flamu does pretty good reviews, he sometimes homes in a bit too much on a certain trait but it's his review and it's easy enough to take with a grain of salt. You will at least get what the ship is and does even if you may get different results...

(Strasbourg for example for me is a great ship, been getting krakens v tier 9s...)

CCs this time of year are busting their guts though. They have snowflakes, campaigns, dockyards, new ships and everyone is expecting reviews on all of that plus the upcoming lunar NY patch...

While dealing with xmas/NY family stuffs.

STs would also have it pretty rough.

So while I'm among the first to criticise CCs, in this case I don't really get the problem.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,854 posts
6,090 battles

Get Lo Yang instead.

Its still a good solid DD.

Siliwangi is consider Minimal to  non-existant lately in Random.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[TF44]
[TF44]
290 posts
19,606 battles

I am unsure about the date of publication but try this:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/210521-premium-ship-review-140-siliwangi/

Long Story, Short- Buy Lo Yang

I have a Siliwangi from a crate. It isn't a good DD at T8 and really poor when it is up-tiered.

Sign in to follow this