Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Signs of a noob team

16 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,989 battles

Terrible MM tonight. Let me summarise a few signs which, if you see any, then you absolutely have been allocated to a Noob team:

- Going one direction, everyone

- Keeping >15km away from the cap, leaving your DD alone to cap

- Closing-in at high speed as BB to an area with nothing but enemy DD(s)

- As a DD, immediately smoke-up seeing an enemy DD, when you have strong support closely behind (e.g., Smolensk)

- Avoid capping at all

I'm ok with close losses, but consecutive noob teaming is not an enjoyable experience.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2

[-FUN-]
464 posts
7,676 battles

Dont worry.. today my soyuz wins only 1 out of 10 battles (7 ranked, 3 random).

[STUN]
25 posts
9 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Terrible MM tonight. Let me summarise a few signs which, if you see any, then you absolutely have been allocated to a Noob team:

- As a DD, immediately smoke-up seeing an enemy DD, when you have strong support closely behind (e.g., Smolensk)

- Avoid capping at all

I'm ok with close losses, but consecutive noob teaming is not an enjoyable experience.

You can add many more points to those (these are just a few):

- team mates hanging back while you are getting focus fired at by half the other team ("they are not shooting at me so that's good!")

- DD and cruisers (when there are no DDs around) hanging back or going slow to let the BBs move forward to scout for them

- shooting only AP or HE all game regardless of angle of target

- CV players who don't know they can drop a fighter from their planes for additional spotting/anti-plane/AA fire distraction

- CV players who charge their CV into the enemy team (some exceptions to this like a supported Graf Zeppelin)

- players who deliberately move their ship behind yours to use you as a meat-shield

etc etc etc

118 posts
430 battles

I would add any ships other than CVs who start the game by turning 180 degrees, and stay in that square for over 5 minutes although they don't have the range to shoot anything..

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
890 posts
5,777 battles

when a DD player rush to cap in 1-2 mins, stand inside it's own smoke and get sunk by one random torp 30 secs later inside their own smoke,

and then have their soya sauce filled tear spilling over many forums and social media platform,

that causes the platform itself corroded by their "tear".

Edited by spixys
  • Funny 2

[G-AB]
68 posts
1,431 battles
8 hours ago, Storm_Khan said:

- players who deliberately move their ship behind yours to use you as a meat-shield

This isn't a noob move; this is actually a pro move.  noob would be the one who charges ahead without knowing or sizing up the opponent. A pro would be deliberate and will do and use any shield to protect himself, even if it means his own ally is his shield.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,191 posts
17,088 battles

Random is bad, but Ranked in recent rounds are even worse, bring out the worst of the worst .. BB all hanging back and will not support, will not help contest area and will not even help to deny enemy and even less defending a capped area .. Cruiser ran so far back that I question if their guns even in range , and CV who only care about his/her own farming , DD rush and die quick .. all kinds .. Random is about farming and Ranked is about " Saving a Star " and since it require it to be the no.1 on the team, the farm at all cost is even more so

[STUN]
25 posts
16 hours ago, MissJinx said:

This isn't a noob move; this is actually a pro move.  noob would be the one who charges ahead without knowing or sizing up the opponent. A pro would be deliberate and will do and use any shield to protect himself, even if it means his own ally is his shield.

Unfortunately, that sort of behaviour can be interpreted in both ways. I would say against bots that sort of move is noob'ish since the bot would continue targeting you anyway. Against players then it could be interpreted either way as a pro' move or a noob move. Seen all of them, sad.

[MRI]
3,677 posts
15,937 battles
On 1/10/2021 at 1:58 PM, MissJinx said:

Nah that is neither a pro nor noob move because it depends. If you are a low health ship, then yeah it is a good move. But if you are a healthy BB trying to hide behind a low health cruiser, then it is a noob move. 

A pro move would be knowing how to share damage taken and managing enemy aggro with allies. That involves both knowing when to let allies take the brunt of the damage and when to put yourself in line of fire to take the heat off allies.

HP is a resource, spend it well. Like money, you don't throw it away needlessly, neither do you try to hoard it all.

Edited by Thyaliad

[ZEPPY]
34 posts
1,620 battles
於 2021/1/9 在 AM5點50分,sfcgx3 說:

- Avoid capping at all

Let me add some signs for that:

-Going straight no matter what happened(99% are bots)

-As CV, just draw circles around enemy heads and do not support DDs or spotting.

-100700 Yamato

-All staying around CV

189 posts
13,201 battles

Well we have hizen marathon and using script is usefull for clear it hahaha at least you didnt make a clan with full bot like the greatest bot clan last years and its easy farming exp then sell it their account for money hahaha many people do this and its normal for me to see it hahaha

Edited by Sollery_Archana
  • Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,300 posts
11,671 battles

I noticed it too on Saturday. I mean, above and beyond the usual weekend dip. It was like MM took out a personal vendetta on me that night. Sunday it was bad, but just average bad. By Monday things were back to normal.

[BONED]
585 posts
7,735 battles

This morning, Tier X and we have both their DDs dead within 5 minutes. Now 2 ships up with most enemy one one flank. We roll the other flank, well up on points and 8 minutes to go. 

Then our team decides capping is required. They push in one at a time and get slaughtered.

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. 

[PBKAC]
272 posts
8,375 battles

DDs without concealment camo.

BBs who don't run any flags, especially repair and fire mitigation ones.

Sign in to follow this