Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissJinx

So I'm enjoying the Mikasa...

13 comments in this topic

[G-AB]
68 posts
1,431 battles

Started out with the German line for battleships, but my real goal is either the Yamato or Musashi, so I figured to go ahead with Japan. Turns out the cheapest and earliest battleship I could find is the Mikasa at Tier 2, and so far I'm having a blast with it. Since I'm new I haven't really tried PvP yet, but have mainly been in co-op. The Mikasa IMO would often be overlooked since its faults are that it's slow, it has very short range for its mains guns, and as well those guns aren't accurate as well. But its secondaries! I nickname her as Machine Gun Mika because of the right of fire of her secondaries--there's no let up. Of course they're for close range though, but the ship I would say is OP for her tier. Practically undented. The most damage it can get is from torps, but even then it would take a couple or so of those to sink her. I've enjoyed using her more than higher tiered BBs. Imagine a BB with her level of protection and rate of fire. That would be brutal.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,746 posts
8,275 battles

Solely a Coop boat.    It cant hit the ocean with its main guns and it gets slaughtered in random battles is players are slightly skilled.

[G-AB]
68 posts
1,431 battles
8 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Solely a Coop boat.    It cant hit the ocean with its main guns and it gets slaughtered in random battles is players are slightly skilled.

Yeah its main guns are a sore point. It has very short range and are inaccurate. I don't even bother using them if I can help it. I've to see how it would be in PvP. Of course it will also depend on the player's skill if you can handle a match using her.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles

I have a pure secondary spec captain on my Nagato for Narai.

I put him on Mikasa for coop lols.

Beta Tester
1,867 posts
6,112 battles

Dreadnought Mikasa best stayed for supporting line if you were about to try pvp.

Otherwise, it should be used for training room mode to do the Historical battle.

[SMOKE]
2,191 posts
17,088 battles

There are just way too many fun ship at low tiers but now it's well coop only courtesy of the always 2CV meta in random.

Mikasa is like , fat slow and ready to be taken though 

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,866 battles

Hey - did i meet you in a few T2 battles last month? I was using Emden with a big tiddy 19 pointer Thea Kreutzer on it. That Mikasa definitely had a 19 pointer with manual secondaries and it came right down to the wire. Mikasa won in the end. Seal clubbing (but not really because real seals get 200 battles with protected match making) at it's finest. LOLS.

[G-AB]
68 posts
1,431 battles
8 hours ago, lunsmann said:

Hey - did i meet you in a few T2 battles last month? I was using Emden with a big tiddy 19 pointer Thea Kreutzer on it. That Mikasa definitely had a 19 pointer with manual secondaries and it came right down to the wire. Mikasa won in the end. Seal clubbing (but not really because real seals get 200 battles with protected match making) at it's finest. LOLS.

Not likely, since I started playing just two days after Christmas, so I'm pretty new to the game. But hopefully we'll meet ingame.

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,866 battles
1 hour ago, MissJinx said:

Not likely, since I started playing just two days after Christmas, so I'm pretty new to the game. But hopefully we'll meet ingame.

Apologies, I should have quoted FatFluffyPenguin in my reply. 

I almost never play low tiers in random battles. I took Emden out for a laugh fully loaded for dakka dakka knowing that because of protected match making (new players have 200 battles where the game does not throw them into the wolf pack of experienced players) I wouldn't be seal clubbing actual novice players.

90 posts
3,639 battles
12 hours ago, lunsmann said:

Probably not, because I don't play low tier often if at all. Possibly, though.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
11,327 battles

Mikasa is actually getting buffed with the captain skill rework in a couple of weeks, since there is no longer a tier split for the accuracy bonus on manual secondaries.  Combine that with all the other secondary changes and it adds up to some pretty huge buffs.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,962 posts
11,051 battles
17 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Mikasa is actually getting buffed with the captain skill rework in a couple of weeks, since there is no longer a tier split for the accuracy bonus on manual secondaries.  Combine that with all the other secondary changes and it adds up to some pretty huge buffs.

Looks like it'll be time for some Clan Mikasa shenanigans soon...

Although I'm really hoping they take some time with it and not rush it out the door.

Sign in to follow this