Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Man_Over_bored

Detonation or deva strike clarification

14 comments in this topic

[PSO2]
45 posts

Greetings Captains

(PC version)

Recently i thought i would do a quick few co-op games, quick event grind in cruisers, as that was the ship constraint for the task. 

All was going as expected, until  early on the ship i was sailing Ship (moskva) exploded.

Viewing the after battle report I did note 3 ships total that  hit me combined for some 16KHP - ok fine 

hmmm

However the moskva has some 65K total HP

The other 50K is where?

what did it?!

So investigating further a Kremlin was credited with 54K damage from, 4ap shells... and no doubt the deletion of my moskva.

However the ship responsible is  only viewable in the "damage received" drop down tab, when you click on it.

The Kremlin isnt  listed  with the other 3 attackers the Cossack,  Akizuki and Charles M at the top of page.

So why isnt the Kremlin listed as the 4th ship, with the other 3 at the top of the page, and credited 50k or so damage. 

At first glance it seemed somewhat bemusing, then oh ok hmm can see under the damaged received theres more than that 16K total.

The onus on the player to have to delve even further into another drop down menu to see where the major damage came from - ship number 4 Kremlin which was the killer. 

Why the messing around? 

Why arent all damage dealers displayed at top screen blam there no questions all data in one spot easily read.

Instead of hmm 75% or so hp then boom... in game .. .wait what dead. 

So go to the after battle report 3 ships are shown for 16k.. at the top   where is kremlin for 50K?  why isnt Kremlin displayed next to the other 3 ships at the top? 

How is the current method easy clarification when some minor damage as a % are shown but the killer and major damage dealer isnt readily seen. 

https://prnt.sc/wixp2y

[4RSE]
362 posts
8,925 battles

The damage at the top of the screen is damage DEALT to the enemy ships.

[STUN]
26 posts

I've seen other weird behaviour in the game too. Awhile back I was driving a Myoko when I suddenly exploded. Status of my ship? It was at 100% with no damage at all. I was hit by a North Carolina from just over 10km away. Just 2 shells hit...Max damage of an AP shell from a NC = 13,100. So even if I was citadeled this should not have been possible.

Image may contain: text that says "Damage Received Artillery High- igh-Explosive (HE) Shells Armor-Piercing (AP) Shells 39 200 6 39 200 4/0 2 39 200 Damaged Modules Aircraft Lost 0 O"

[4RSE]
362 posts
8,925 battles
56 minutes ago, Storm_Khan said:

I've seen other weird behaviour in the game too. Awhile back I was driving a Myoko when I suddenly exploded. Status of my ship? It was at 100% with no damage at all. I was hit by a North Carolina from just over 10km away. Just 2 shells hit...Max damage of an AP shell from a NC = 13,100. So even if I was citadeled this should not have been possible.

Image may contain: text that says "Damage Received Artillery High- igh-Explosive (HE) Shells Armor-Piercing (AP) Shells 39 200 6 39 200 4/0 2 39 200 Damaged Modules Aircraft Lost 0 O"

Logically, you were detonated by one of those 2 shells. It's a well known game mechanic, I have been one shot killed by a CV with a single torp in Musashi (I had over 60,000 hp left). If you want to prevent detonation, carry the detonation flag.

[STUN]
26 posts
37 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

Logically, you were detonated by one of those 2 shells. It's a well known game mechanic, I have been one shot killed by a CV with a single torp in Musashi (I had over 60,000 hp left). If you want to prevent detonation, carry the detonation flag.

Does a co-op game tell you if you were "Detonated"? I can't remember. If so then it did not tell me.

[IC]
416 posts
13,911 battles
33 minutes ago, Storm_Khan said:

Does a co-op game tell you if you were "Detonated"? I can't remember. If so then it did not tell me.

It does. Just take a look at the small indicator of how a ship sinks another. If there's a small explosion icon in between, then yes, a detonation/devastating strike just occured. I actually saw it once a Missouri blew my ship out of the water despite having more than half hp remaining. 

[151ST]
3,005 posts
11,080 battles
19 hours ago, Man_Over_bored said:

(PC version)

You came to the right place, the console version is a separate game.

19 hours ago, Man_Over_bored said:

Viewing the after battle report I did note 3 ships total that  hit me combined for some 16KHP - ok fine 

hmmm

However the moskva has some 65K total HP

The other 50K is where?

what did it?!

Ho already covered it I think but the tiles at the top is the damage you dealt, not received.

9 hours ago, Storm_Khan said:

Just 2 shells hit...Max damage of an AP shell from a NC = 13,100.

Detonation isn't the shell doing damage to your ship but your magazine exploding, so all your shells doing damage to yourself.

Basically a detonation takes any ship from any level of health to zero.

Don't feel bad folks, while this sort of information is in the World of Warships wiki, it's not taught particularly well, WG are not particularly great when it comes to tutorials.

Edited by S4pp3R

[STUN]
26 posts
1 hour ago, Sting_Ray_05 said:

It does. Just take a look at the small indicator of how a ship sinks another. If there's a small explosion icon in between, then yes, a detonation/devastating strike just occured. I actually saw it once a Missouri blew my ship out of the water despite having more than half hp remaining. 

Well, in that case the 2 hits from the Nth Carolina did not detonate me because it sure didn't say so. So, still don't know how 2 AP shells from an NC can insta-kill a Myoko from 100% health.

[IC]
416 posts
13,911 battles
4 hours ago, Storm_Khan said:

Well, in that case the 2 hits from the Nth Carolina did not detonate me because it sure didn't say so. So, still don't know how 2 AP shells from an NC can insta-kill a Myoko from 100% health.

It's more of a random occurance than anything else. I mean, I was surprised that I actually detonated a DD earlier using my cruiser's HE shell. And no, the game doesn't say which shell would detonate the enemy ship, just say that it is detonated. 

[151ST]
3,005 posts
11,080 battles
1 hour ago, Sting_Ray_05 said:

It's more of a random occurance than anything else. I mean, I was surprised that I actually detonated a DD earlier using my cruiser's HE shell. And no, the game doesn't say which shell would detonate the enemy ship, just say that it is detonated. 

It is random but there's also an element of the shell or torpedo hitting a certain place...

For example on BBs it almost never happens unless it's a torpedo under the front turret.

• Thanks 1

[4RSE]
362 posts
8,925 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

For example on BBs it almost never happens unless it's a torpedo under the front turret.

or a certain spot just in front of X turret on Hood 😉  Honestly can't recall any BB of mine being detonated by just shell fire, but my memory isn't the best and I have been detonated heaps of times in BB's and Cruisers (I always run the deto flag in a DD, yes even in co-op).

• Cool 1

[-FUN-]
470 posts
7,712 battles
20 hours ago, HoChunHao said:

image.thumb.png.0b7bfe0a03bfd5c75d8739e5205e2e46.png

@Man_Over_boredPlease enlarge the image and look at the explanation

OP grinded Moskva but doesnt know this?

[REPOI]
271 posts
13,127 battles
13 hours ago, zergling_ said:

OP grinded Moskva but doesnt know this?

To be expected. This just shows how many players there are out there that doesn't know the basics. And this above is basic knowledge of the game.
It should be quite obvious. OP also has a hidden profile and from the looks of it, he limis himself to COOP.

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this