Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

PSA - Campaign Tasks can be repeated for stars!!

12 comments in this topic

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles

I have been seeing it too much so here is the information many will find useful!

Public Service Announcement

If you are struggling with a Campaign, you can repeat any minor task to get stars, over and over as many times as you need to...

This means you don't need all the ship types, all the nations, etc but having just enough to complete one of the tasks means you can do that campaign stage.

If you don't want to waste signals or camos to get FXP or credits, don't... Do whatever task is easiest.

Check the task requirements, many of them can be done in Coop.

Getting 5 wins in Coop is easy.

Getting 45 fires or citadels in coop is easy.

Campaigns are awesome and almost all of them are not overly difficult but just grindy.

Yes there are some who have certain requirements that are hard, know what you can do and pick your tasks and campaigns carefully.

I realise WG don't tend to do the best tutorials or reinforced learning so hopefully this helps some folks!

P.S. Should I be doing some sort of quick-tips video series for basic to intermediate level?

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,750 posts
8,280 battles

Well done sir.............people who choose not to look into it need someone's help.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,820 posts
21,559 battles
15 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

P.S. Should I be doing some sort of quick-tips video series for basic to intermediate level?

This would help people.

Edited by Max_Battle
  • Cool 1

1,503 posts
6,693 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Getting 45 fires or citadels in coop is easy.

If one have grinded British battleships, even if only reaching Iron Duke at T5, the 45 fires/citadels would be a piece of cake even in Random battles.

Lead your aim, spam HE and set fires from time to time (even citadels occasionally). I have managed to farm 17 "Setting on Fire" and 5 Citadel Hits in a T4~5 battle last night in an Iron Duke with a caretaker captain with only EL, EM and BoS, and I feel confident to farm at least 5~7 fires per game in KGV and Iron Duke on average.

For the final stage personally speaking I would choose 380K damage and the "12 times top 5" by grinding repeatedly in Co-Op. Not difficult, just grindy.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

If one have grinded British battleships, even if only reaching Iron Duke at T5, the 45 fires/citadels would be a piece of cake even in Random battles.

Lead your aim, spam HE and set fires from time to time (even citadels occasionally). I have managed to farm 17 "Setting on Fire" and 5 Citadel Hits in a T4~5 battle last night in an Iron Duke with a caretaker captain with only EL, EM and BoS, and I feel confident to farm at least 5~7 fires per game in KGV and Iron Duke on average.

For the final stage personally speaking I would choose 380K damage and the "12 times top 5" by grinding repeatedly in Co-Op. Not difficult, just grindy.

Oh 100%, I just did mine in Conq, or if I got annoyed at T10s, pick an RN BBs.. lol. But theoretically it's quicker (time wise) in coop...

[LBAS]
3,187 posts
15,270 battles

As someone who reached the task 3 of the task. You need to earn alot of credits. HOWEVER, this is easy since you have to like use tier 9 ships with benefits.

The 4th and final task requires you to have 20k Base XP BEFORE MODIFIERS. however clan bonuses are applied ( think) This is medium grind.

After all the hardest are the final tasks (the Base XP Grind) and grindeable from coop if you want very far paced battles.

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
1 hour ago, IJN_Katori said:

The 4th and final task requires you to have 20k Base XP BEFORE MODIFIERS. however clan bonuses are applied ( think) This is medium grind.

FYI

Base XP is NOT with any modifiers.

It is the XP score you see on the team score page.

[LYNMA]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
6,118 battles

Tunnel Vision ppl don't really care and complain.

[-CAT-]
2,786 posts
12,346 battles
10 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

After all the hardest are the final tasks (the Base XP Grind) and grindeable from coop if you want very far paced battles.

No bonuses applies. Not even clan bonus.

Just pure Base XP.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[G-AB]
75 posts
1,531 battles

I think I'll focus more on the Hizen since the one for Strasbourg has only about 2 weeks left, while that of Hizen would be around a bit longer. Besides, I already have Dunkerque. And as well, I am concentrating on the Japanese line of BBs right now...

1,503 posts
6,693 battles

Now... I have just completed Mission 3 stage of Strasbourg Campaign and only the Mission 4 is left. The final dash is on the horizon.

Judging from the task requirements, I think a possible solution may be spam/repeat Task 1 (deal 380K damage by any means in Random, Co-op and Ranked; 1 star) and Task 2 (Be among the top 5 sorted by base XP earned in your team for 12 times; 3 stars) in Co-op and perhaps Ranked (7 vs 7 means that you have a better chance of managing to become one of the top five comparing with Random battles), and take the one that you consider being the most viable (cruiser tank potential damage?) as a supplement. The Final Task needs 14 stars to unlock and it would take perhaps 3 times of completing both Task 1 and Task 2 (4 stars combined together) and then complete something else to get the remaining two stars. Then play Random and Ranked as much as possibleto grind 20K base XP in time and get the final reward.

Not only damage, but XP earned from Scenario Operations does not count as well.

And we have 9 days, 7 work days and one weekend (from the dawn of January 12th to the night of January 20th) to complete the grind and claim Strasbourg/recoup her cost in doubloons.

Wish everyone who have been grinding for Strasbourg good luck in advance!

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this