Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

screw thunderers

26 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
6,721 posts
27,077 battles

no, really,  screw thunderers and fucking screw their bullshit HE

shot-21_01.08_10_50.34-0240.thumb.jpg.d5974b93929a1d579e0bf6caf8108c8a.jpg

how tf am I supposed to play now?

Edited by Drakon233
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,647 posts
12,853 battles

Of all things that have broken my Yoshino's torp launchers, they are always Thunderers!

Like seriously, what's the point of putting the roof above the torp launchers then?

My Marceau's X turret also often gets knocked out by Thunderer.

89 posts
3,612 battles

I've had all 4 of my Yoshino torpedo launchers permanently destroyed by one Thunderer salvo 1 minute into the game.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,184 posts
17,087 battles

A Thunderer counter today is another Thunderer, or you will had to let the much hated HE Spamming CL / DD in , when WG made DD Torp basically irrelevant , range out others, they remove the single most effective counter check to big guns and then they simply introduce these op big guns ( not just Thunderer ) ... well

In a fashion it's the big guns player who got what they deserve cause they keep demanding range , guns that over power disregard and nerfng every mean to counter these op or not op big guns ...

BB Mafia ask for a ship like that , they got it , end of the story 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,647 posts
12,853 battles
55 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

A Thunderer counter today is another Thunderer, or you will had to let the much hated HE Spamming CL / DD in , when WG made DD Torp basically irrelevant , range out others, they remove the single most effective counter check to big guns and then they simply introduce these op big guns ( not just Thunderer ) ... well

In a fashion it's the big guns player who got what they deserve cause they keep demanding range , guns that over power disregard and nerfng every mean to counter these op or not op big guns ...

BB Mafia ask for a ship like that , they got it , end of the story 

Fair point. But that's because the DD mafia complained about taking full damage from BB AP if they were angled. Now if only BB doesn't have to switch to HE to deal with DD effectively.... And now because of that appeasement, we have a lot of idiot BBs that spam HE even though they are not Thunderer.

Don't ever think the DD mains cannot be blamed for this nonsense. For every balancing issues that happen on this game, it always starts from the DD mains. CV spotting, passive BB meta, etc.

Also, the usual steamroll game happens because one team gets the competent DD players that know what they are doing, while the other team gets the idiots that die in the most ridiculous ways possible. Now tell me again on why DDs should not have multiple things that counter them?

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,184 posts
17,087 battles
4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Fair point. But that's because the DD mafia complained about taking full damage from BB AP if they were angled. Now if only BB doesn't have to switch to HE to deal with DD effectively.... And now because of that appeasement, we have a lot of idiot BBs that spam HE even though they are not Thunderer.

Don't ever think the DD mains cannot be blamed for this nonsense. For every balancing issues that happen on this game, it always starts from the DD mains. CV spotting, passive BB meta, etc.

Also, the usual steamroll game happens because one team gets the competent DD players that know what they are doing, while the other team gets the idiots that die in the most ridiculous ways possible. Now tell me again on why DDs should not have multiple things that counter them?

I do not ask for DD to be immune from counter measure , I do however ask DD and CL and layman CA to be able to , with same efficiency, effectiveness and consistency be able to dish out offensive , deal damage , as BB can , as CV can, with the weapon they be provided ... Thunderer just happen to be good at utilizing it's guns.

And while I do not always agree with other DD players call for this and that , I also equally had little respect for BB player who keep demanding or complaining. In this case Thunderer , it is what they ask for , just as those thick plated Soviet or the 510mm. Am sure it's not the Cruiser gang nor the DD group who ask for that and funny enough it's that single ship they ask for that they now keep complaining ...  it's kind of ... Collateral Damage shall we term it ...

[SMOKE]
2,184 posts
17,087 battles
2 minutes ago, WlNNER said:

This pic here explain...

7 thunderers

Screenshot 2021-01-07 152558.png

Means the ship is popular and why is it popular ; cause it's op even against its own already op peers. Just that simple

[REPOI]
6,721 posts
27,077 battles
25 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

no no no, that wasnt the problem, the problem is that even with just overpenns you can still whack a DD for 5-6k, you do less with HE but have a higher  chance of knocking out modules that they can kill you with, so no BBs don't need to switch to HE to whack DDs

and also,  stupid HE spamming BBs existing were defo not the results of the BBAP interaction change, they've been around since 2015 and never left

• Cool 1

[TF44]
485 posts
21,124 battles

i blame the unnecessary module hp nerf rework?

[LBAS]
5,094 posts
11,329 battles
9 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

fucking screw their bullshit

OF COURSE I know they're listening
I want them to hear I want them to hear it all
Do you knowwhat'rewedoing here!?
Tell those elegance what they have done!
image.thumb.png.ce75a8116dab8c81693101166fd49ff3.png

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,819 battles

I tried using AP when grinding Minnesota this week - but all the targets were always heavily angled and bouncing all my shots. So I switched to HE and brought my damage numbers, PR and win rate up. If you can't kill the thunderer's with AP, then burn the buggers to the waterline.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,337 posts
20,633 battles

Well, whoever thought it wouldn't break the game by giving HE oriented BBs. Saw this coming years ago.

[SMOKE]
2,184 posts
17,087 battles
19 hours ago, lunsmann said:

I tried using AP when grinding Minnesota this week - but all the targets were always heavily angled and bouncing all my shots. So I switched to HE and brought my damage numbers, PR and win rate up. If you can't kill the thunderer's with AP, then burn the buggers to the waterline.

Which is where all the HE meta came from , it's not the ships it's how WG and the big guns Mafia demands and get ,Torp are ranged out and simply over nerfed, DD CL are forced off with no stealth, armor and more armor and higher hp pool coupled with long range gunnery , AP simply also made redundant ..

It's not that people like HE SPAMMING, not even those who play the mad rainbow platform. It just happen to be the only mean left that still, kind of, somehow, still work, even if a little bit only.

• Cool 2

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,819 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

Which is where all the HE meta came from , it's not the ships it's how WG and the big guns Mafia demands and get ,Torp are ranged out and simply over nerfed, DD CL are forced off with no stealth, armor and more armor and higher hp pool coupled with long range gunnery , AP simply also made redundant ..

It's not that people like HE SPAMMING, not even those who play the mad rainbow platform. It just happen to be the only mean left that still, kind of, somehow, still work, even if a little bit only.

Yes. AP is largely redundant at least half of the time. SEA server meta is long range sniping with ALL the ships including BB's always nose in all the time. There is not really any other option. Even Musashi is powerless against a well angled Minnesota. It's actually sad that one has to resort to HE in the mighty Musashi just to get some damage in.

[-NZ-]
389 posts
9,630 battles

BBs got HE on them. In situation that using AP made your combat efficiency reduced, why keep hesitate to use HE?

Most player know how to angling nowadays, I think that open the path for BB players using more HE in battles.

[SIREN]
73 posts
5,236 battles

I use Henri to kill Thunderer, so if i want kill some thunderer i just use Henri, and burn then to the ground of the sea

Edited by Fanmarsh

[ATLAS]
20 posts
14,911 battles

If only they pull out Thunderer from the shop as fast as they pull out Smaland

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,036 battles

Wait 'til the Italians come in with their SAPs.

We'll soon see how that would fare. (if they aren't BALANCED too much)

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,858 posts
6,110 battles
5 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Wait 'til the Italians come in with their SAPs.

We'll soon see how that would fare. (if they aren't BALANCED too much)

Deletus Thunderus withust BBius Sappeus shellius.

[HMAS]
54 posts

The good thing about Thunderers is that 80% of them are useless. Buying your way into T10 is not necessarily a good idea.

[151ST]
116 posts
3,058 battles

I love playing dd's, but I also love deleting a T10 dd with one HE salvo in my Thunderer.

Oooooh the chat rage that follows :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this