You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FatFluffyPenguin

Khaba Help

9 comments in this topic

90 posts
3,639 battles

I understand that with the recent BB AP change, Khabarovsk has become a semi-decent ship. I've not really seen how it is on Asia.

Every BB that I want to farm is kiting and seems to be out of my range. I didn't expect Khaba to lose SO much range compared to Tashkent. I had tons and tons of fun in Tashkent. In Khaba? Oftentimes getting into range means being farmed to death, or waiting for that oppurtunate moment to come where you can finally let your guns rip without too much care of dying. Waiting around for that prime engagement, especially on Asia of all servers, is wasted time. Instead of dictating the engagement, Khaba seems to be only able to let the engagement dictate it with its pitiful range.

The 50mm midsection comes in useful sometimes, but it really doesn't feel that way a lot of the time. I still get chunked by HE because the unarmored superstructure is so big and my bow is such a large target, and I don't really get the evasion tanking capability that Tashkent does with it's rudder. Oftentimes I have to push into enemies to even get damage, because the entire enemy team is kiting away, when Khaba seems to be a ship designed to kite itself.

Considering getting the legendary mod, is it worth it? I think I can deal with the rudder.

So far, I'm getting maybe 50k damage in games where the enemy team is helplessly kiting away from me constantly. The only games it seems like I can succeed in are games where 75% of the game population consists of BBs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshot (711).png

Screenshot (712).png

[REPOI]
6,722 posts
27,077 battles

advice for kahbba players 

go play tashkent or the french BB line, even with the full penn being remove her range and agility is still shit

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles

scale.png&key=0f6987dd887c6eb62f17493060

Get Grozovoi...... same gunboat, massive HP, repair party and smoke at the same time.

Kiev is the only great ship i know in that line.... of course with repair party go dakka dakka

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles
2 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

advice for kahbba players 

go play tashkent or the french BB line, even with the full penn being remove her range and agility is still shit

lol Kleber 17km range is nasty..... only CV can beat such menace.... and caracole with 48knot speed is no joke either

90 posts
3,639 battles

Had tons of fun on Tashkent, looks like no one really can make the Khaba workable.

Oh well.

[SMOKE]
2,195 posts
17,096 battles

Khana is simply a classic case of spec and guns , Torps designed for days before Radar before CV and never re-balanced for current state of affair , each and every old tech line ship got power creptted but Khana got the worst of it all 

90 posts
3,639 battles

Not just powercrept. The main thing I don't like in Khaba is the range, which was nerfed along with it's rudder. Now you need legendary mod to make it even go to a pre-nerf range.

[REPOI]
6,722 posts
27,077 battles
19 minutes ago, FatFluffyPenguin said:

Not just powercrept. The main thing I don't like in Khaba is the range, which was nerfed along with it's rudder. Now you need legendary mod to make it even go to a pre-nerf range.

that's the problem, even when other DDs had taking full penns kahbba was already bad because of how easy it was to whack, it had to get in close to even start shooting and even then it turns like a brick

WASDing doesn't work when you need about 40 litres of WD40 to turn your rudder

[BLESS]
1,302 posts
11,671 battles

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a Khaba in game the whole of last year. Pretty much tells you what you need to know.