Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Who can tell me the logic of Coop AI?

19 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,989 battles

A number of times I found the entire enemy Coop fleet just angling against me, and shooting me, while there were a number of other ships, closer, lower hp, or whatever, to angle/shoot against. What is the logic behind Coop AI? How does the computer choose who to target / angle?

[CLAY]
2,996 posts
13,330 battles

Can anyone tell me the logic of actual players?

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
4 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

A number of times I found the entire enemy Coop fleet just angling against me, and shooting me, while there were a number of other ships, closer, lower hp, or whatever, to angle/shoot against. What is the logic behind Coop AI? How does the computer choose who to target / angle?

if max = 1 : kill max
if max = 0 : seek max

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
29 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

Skynet is just buttering you up.

Bots who may butter me up.
302005545_orig.thumb.jpg.3f0cb252ece94a108e01e19dd06e55b1.jpg

Bots who may not butter me up.
bsg.jpg.8ef6a6e7e5a51d779a8d3c034094be66.jpg

[-CAT-]
2,778 posts
12,310 battles

AI logic:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
10 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

AI logic:

There are only 10 types of people in the world.

Those who can read binary and those who can't.

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,026 posts
11 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Usually it's the greatest perceived threat that they will target first.

The bots are quite adept at dodging torps, and can angle quite well.

Other than that, they will just target whoever is within range......

[TF44]
485 posts
21,180 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Bots who may butter me up.
302005545_orig.thumb.jpg.3f0cb252ece94a108e01e19dd06e55b1.jpg

Bots who may not butter me up.
bsg.jpg.8ef6a6e7e5a51d779a8d3c034094be66.jpg

don't worry. there are more toasters to fry your buttered bread.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
20 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

don't worry. there are more toasters to fry your buttered bread.

OooooOOoooh, nice one.

Bots.

Toasters.

Butter.

Nice linking.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,064 battles
18 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Threat level they pose + they prioritize HUMANS now.

Unlike before ... they just sail until they meet reds.

[TF44]
9 posts
4,614 battles

19 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

I say it goes by proximity (based on when you're spotted) and if you start firing. Also, remember most of them go in a straight line till they spot something so it might be a good idea to let someone on your team go ahead first. Or just hide in smoke but they'll eventually charge at you.

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles

They are using Operations AI starting tier 5 and above 

The higher tier you are the more they're harder to kill.

Bots are modified and play the same like players from Randoms. Fortunately this doesn't happen on tiers I to IV

Edited by IJN_Katori

[STUN]
25 posts

Basically, the AI cheats. This is one of the main methods WG uses to try make the AI more challenging. How do they cheat? It has all the information of the game as it plays. If torps are launched then regardless of detection the ships know they are there hence why they can dodge so well. It knows the position of all ships regardless of detection. Ever notice how bot planes know how to go directly to the nearest DD/ship at the start even when they are not detected? Or how the bot ships know where to head for even when your ship is not detected? The only thing they don't do is shoot at you if you are not detected. Which ship do they choose to shoot? Frequently the one with the smallest HP pool left so regardless of where you are (in their face or running away behind all your team mates) they still target you.

Another more legitimate tactic is they frequently move towards each other to make a mob of ships. The mob then has point superiority where ever they are at and try kill all the ships nearby using the same "rules" above. How do I know this? Just observe the game. Good luck, Captains!

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,866 battles

Actually, they don't cheat when it comes to torps. As long as you remain undetected, the torps will hit. I do this successfully all the time. But, as soon as you are detected, the bots WILL turn in toward you and dodge those torps. I am lead to understand wargaming equips the bots with 19 point captains and all the best modules for things like torp detection (they never run concealment builds), so of course they will take avoiding action the instant your torps are detected.

Key to torping the bots is ambush. It takes forethought and strategic planning to pull it off much like randoms, only bots respond instantly wheras humans have to first identify the threat then react.

Edited by lunsmann
spelling

[STUN]
25 posts

I've seen them dodge torps by turning in or away. Not sure about the detecting you first before turning part, have to do closer observation but the best way to torp bots and prevent them dodging is to do what DD's were used in reality in those days. Charge in to close range them let them torps go, usually at 2.5km or less. They can't dodge easily then and they tend not to. The trick of course is surviving that long in your DD to get that close.

Edited by Storm_Khan

[TLS]
4,353 posts
20,646 battles

If Di Gi present, prevent Di Gi from doing damage by purposely angling.

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
5,096 posts
11,330 battles

Better go home

909.gif

Sign in to follow this