Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Andy_Siau

Strasbourg Campaign IMPOSSIBLE Mission 3 Task 2

46 comments in this topic

[IMS]
5 posts
6,282 battles

This campaign at Mission 3, Task 2 to achieve 100k Free XP is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

• Funny 2

[IMS]
5 posts
6,282 battles
1 minute ago, Jayde2405 said:

I guess you have no camos or signals

Very few, but at this progress, NO WAY to hit 100k Free XP man

[O7]
170 posts
17,515 battles

That makes it hard.  I usually save special camos and signals for this sort of thing.  I'm currently on about 29k FXP out of the 100K.    At least there are other options available.   The one I'm dreading is in the Dockyard getting 21 million potential damage in cruisers.  There are 5 I can do in BBs but have to do the Cruiser one as well

[SMOKE]
2,216 posts
17,119 battles

if for the stars just keep repeating Task 1 , 3 more times, 5 win is not hard to get , especially if you stay T5/T6 Co-Op, only require 15 games and its way easier 3 star than the said Task .. some time these campaign really made little sense, well if these are non time limited campaign like the Science of Victory , people can just leave the task there and grind but when its time limited, such demand just mean players will simply not do it

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[IMS]
5 posts
6,282 battles
3 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

if for the stars just keep repeating Task 1 , 3 more times, 5 win is not hard to get , especially if you stay T5/T6 Co-Op, only require 15 games and its way easier 3 star than the said Task .. some time these campaign really made little sense, well if these are non time limited campaign like the Science of Victory , people can just leave the task there and grind but when its time limited, such demand just mean players will simply not do it

Yup.
1) 15 days remaining for this campaign
2) You need Task 2 to complete the stars for Mission 3 in order to proceed to the last Mission 4

[IMS]
5 posts
6,282 battles
34 minutes ago, Jayde2405 said:

That makes it hard.  I usually save special camos and signals for this sort of thing.  I'm currently on about 29k FXP out of the 100K.    At least there are other options available.   The one I'm dreading is in the Dockyard getting 21 million potential damage in cruisers.  There are 5 I can do in BBs but have to do the Cruiser one as well

29k FXP but 15 days remaining for this CAMPAIGN and you still have Mission 4 to complete

Edited by Andy_Siau

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
139 posts
17,135 battles

100K Free XP and you consider that dreadful?

That's not even that hard and to think I only do Coop.

Besides, just repeat missions that you consider easy ... there's no need to do things that you don't like.

-------------------------------------

Regarding that dockyard mission where you have to achieve 21M pot dmg on a cruiser.

You can avoid that one too and do the DD instead. Much easier.

[O7]
170 posts
17,515 battles
17 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

100K Free XP and you consider that dreadful?

That's not even that hard and to think I only do Coop.

Without good camos and signals you might only earn 100 FXP per Coop battle, if that even.  Thats a long way to 100K FXP,  But you are right.  Repeat missions you can do and like I said earlier there are other options.

17 minutes ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Regarding that dockyard mission where you have to achieve 21M pot dmg on a cruiser.

You can avoid that one too and do the DD instead. Much easier.

Yeah, I'm looking at the DD mission, but have very rarely played DDs.  About 90 battles in Random, and 50 in Coop total.  It would probably be the better option though, even for me. In Coop of course.  I'm looking at my T61

Edited by Jayde2405

1,503 posts
6,696 battles

I would be rather busy these days so I would like to consult your suggestions about how to complete the Strasbourg campaign in time most efficiently. Currently grinding Tasks 1, 2 and 4 (by spamming HE in battleships). Then should I turn to Task 5 (spam cruisers in Co-Op)? Thanks in advance.

[4RSE]
362 posts
8,908 battles

The 21 million potential damage task is quite easy if you have a tanky cruiser. There are quite a few of those so just drive up to the bots in co-op and get them to focus on you. I got half way yesterday in just 8 games using Stalingrad. Petro is better at this, but I just bought Stalin and am having too much fun printing citadel ribbons.

You just need to keep that nose pointed at them and know when to reverse. 

Or you can take your tough cruiser into randoms and either nose in tank or kite - adapt as required. But it's not hard to earn a million potential either way.

[151ST]
2,996 posts
11,069 battles
8 hours ago, Andy_Siau said:

This campaign at Mission 3, Task 2 to achieve 100k Free XP is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve

Repeat other missions...

The stars can be awarded multiple times, you jsut don't get the other rewards again.

Honestly there have been campaigns where it was more economical for me to repeat 1 mission while doing 2 from other campaigns than do 3 from the one...

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles

Last year, there was a mission that required way more free exp than that. I forgot the exact number, but that one was actually impossible to achieve.

[NAU]
56 posts
11,334 battles

I think OP doesn't realise they can repeat missions.

Quick word for those that may be reading not knowing how Free XP is acrued - it is based on you base XP of course, but it scales UP with Ship XP as well.  I.e. a camo that gives you a standard +100% ship XP will also increase your free XP.  So, to clarify, you want both + Free XP, and + Ship XP (commander XP is irrelevant)

[IMS]
5 posts
6,282 battles
19 minutes ago, drop271 said:

Quick word for those that may be reading not knowing how Free XP is acrued - it is based on you base XP of course, but it scales UP with Ship XP as well.  I.e. a camo that gives you a standard +100% ship XP will also increase your free XP.  So, to clarify, you want both + Free XP, and + Ship XP (commander XP is irrelevant)

Thanks everyone, didn't know that!

• Cool 1

[BONED]
600 posts
7,777 battles
54 minutes ago, drop271 said:

To expand on this, base XP is awarded. All XP modifiers are then used to determine the awarded XP.

Then 5% of the awarded XP is used as the base Free XP.

Then Free XP modifiers are applied.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,006 posts
13,334 battles

It’s not ‘IMPOSSIBLE’. Its quite easy.

Premium time, FXP camo, couple of signals, run Narai with Social Wolves. Easy 5K FXP every time.

4x times per day for 5 days. Done.

Does that sound like you need to spend money/other resources to complete? Good, because that’s what WG want.

Many of these “gather X resources in Y amount of time” missions are specially designed by WG to make us spend resources and therefore money.

We usually get the value back in rewards... whether WE think the rewards are worth it or not is another question...

I mean, It can be done F2P, but requires much more time input.

But nowhere near “IMPOSSIBLE” the way some of the PR missions were.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[LYNMA]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
6,118 battles

the fastest solutions is to be  a BB that cause 45 cit or fires. 2 stars

and win 5 times to net 1 stars in total of 3 stars in less than few hours if you frequently coop.

Recommended is t5 or t6 bbs.

Coop is recommended too.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,817 posts
14,231 battles

do 5 wins and BB mission

BB mission must be neither German or French semi/full secondary do fire and main gun for citadel

i could finish in 4 games in co-op for BB mission per task

shot-21_01.06_15_42.58-0647.thumb.jpg.83f1de7c79403c90272d96f469dd5a75.jpg

[-NZ-]
391 posts
9,678 battles

I found Scharnhorst are the best tools for finishing some BB missions. It can citadeled some cruisers with her HE, also I put german cruiser captain for extra fire chance. Plus extra signals for increasing secondary guns performance and fire chance. Also, fast reload main guns are usable on dockyard BB mission (900 main gun hits) and increasing fire chance on bots BB.

[BLESS]
1,308 posts
11,698 battles
23 hours ago, Andy_Siau said:

Just do the first task "5 victories" 3 times. Takes 30 games. 100k FXP without burning tons of flags will take way more than 30 games.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,216 posts
17,119 battles

Just take the BB, Cruiser and DD missions and along come along that task 1 , that and if still lacking, just repeat , whatever easier for you and quicker will do , no fun stressing yourself out , this campaign can be done without too much stress, so enjoy it , its for gaming and new year

• Cool 2

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
139 posts
17,135 battles
13 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Wasn't the 2M FXP one was it?

Now that one is just disgustingly outrageous.

[BONED]
600 posts
7,777 battles
8 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Now that one is just disgustingly outrageous.

But the rewards!!!!

Sign in to follow this