Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hurricaneflyer

Choice.

Yesn't  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which do I get first?

• Harugumo + Siegfried
    • Kremlin.

10 comments in this topic

[IJN]
308 posts
5,135 battles

I only have so many credits, so...

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles

then get sieg and grind credits for krem

simple

[BLESS]
1,297 posts
11,652 battles

Very rare do I see a Harugumo in Randoms, and double rare that it does anything useful.

Kremlin also, seems to have fallen out of the meta. Too much CV for them I guess.

Can't go wrong with Siegfried though.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
24 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Kremlin also, seems to have fallen out of the meta. Too much CV for them I guess.

Nah blame the Thunderers.

Kremlin's good armor means nothing against the HE snipers.

And the Soviet BB dispersion makes Kremlin useless at sniping, particularly the horizontal dispersion..

Then of course Kremlin's gun range is permanently stuck at 20.7 km. With no catapult to launch Spotter Plane, and no access to the range upgrade on slot 6; Kremlin becomes actually worse than GK. Even Yoshino with stock gun range can outrange Kremlin's

The limited DCP is the salt on the wound.

CV is one of the smallest problem for Kremlin. A proper positioning (or simply blobbing) actually works against CVs, but not Thunderers.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Thanks 1

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles

Don't let people scare you off Harugumo...

She's not THAT bad even as a conventional DD...

She can be a lot of fun in many maps, it's just a pain working with her turning circle/rudder shift.

You can run range mod for dakka from radar safety...

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Don't let people scare you off Harugumo...

She's not THAT bad even as a conventional DD...

She can be a lot of fun in many maps, it's just a pain working with her turning circle/rudder shift.

You can run range mod for dakka from radar safety...

Train yourself on Akizuki and you will find Harugumo much easier and the upcoming change ( or is it already here ? ) to the BB caliber AP overpen mechanism helps it too.

I seem to encounter the boat quite regularly and it's not a bad one but perhaps it's eclipsed by other T10 or even T9 DD . 

The counter point to Harugumo is always Kitakaze , it can do pretty much almost everything Harugumo can do and do it just as good so unless it's Ranked or a mission , campaign task that specifically ask for a T10, people just bring out Kita, no less it's T9 and enjoy the economy advantage.

[KAMI]
486 posts
6,174 battles
12 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Then of course Kremlin's gun range is permanently stuck at 20.7 km. With no catapult to launch Spotter Plane, and no access to the range upgrade on slot 6; Kremlin becomes actually worse than GK. Even Yoshino with stock gun range can outrange Kremlin's

I would consider staying dark unless other people are also trading shots, in which case you should help them out. Thunderer's speciality is long range, and hiding yourself as long as possible in order to close some distance is better.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
6 hours ago, Verytis said:

Thunderer's speciality is long range, and hiding yourself as long as possible in order to close some distance is better.

That would work, only if the typical Thunderer players play closer to the frontline. The actual snipers like Yamato are far easier to approach because they don't sit way over 20 km away, and can constantly deal damage like Thunderers do.

Most Yamato I've seen are always about 16-20 km away (which is pretty average for T10 BBs). Especially because they need islands to cover their massive citadels.

But Thunderers camp at literally just.one or two rows ahead of their CVs. Thunderer's good maneuverability makes the ship perfectly workable at open water.

Kremlin might be stealthy (only slightly worse than Thunderer & Conqueror without UU). But there are a lot of things that can still spot it first like CV planes, and the ever pesky thing since 2015 called DDs. Thunderer is basically Jabba the Hutt, easy to kill if it were not for the others that stand between you & him.

Like seriously, even GK can actually perform better, as long as you play it like the snipers. GK can even pretend it's Conqueror but without the crazy fire chance (GK's HE has 1/4 pen iirc).

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

Sign in to follow this