You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlackLancer2014

Rank Tweak Suggestion

3 comments in this topic

[TCY]
55 posts
20,467 battles

Just had an awful day at rank. I'm in the silver league qualifying for the gold league. Some matches were almost guaranteed losses from the start especially when a friendly ship is afk at the beginning and never comes back. Could you tweak it so that the losing team with at least one afk member (zero base xp earned) from the start of the game doesn't lose a star except for the one who went afk? That would ease some of the pain.

[STUN]
25 posts

I don't know if you realise or not but the way the MM works and the rules around gaining stars to advance a rank are incompatible. That is why many people are frustrated at being able to go up ranks or leagues. You basically have to be lucky at getting assigned to good teams to win and you have to have that happen multiple times in a row. This is regardless of how good or bad a player you might be.

The MM assigns a random team which may include a good player getting a bad team and gets screwed or a bad player gets assigned a good team and lucks out by getting carried. No way you have any control over that sort of crap.

[TCY]
55 posts
20,467 battles

I figured as much. Which is why I suggested in another topic to create smaller teams in rank but with more teams per game. With 4 teams of 3 players each, individual skill matters so much more, camping less rewarding and stars earned/lost will be fairer because the second place team will keep their stars instead of just the highest scoring player on the losing team.