Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mad_Scotsman_1

T7 Premium for credits

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[-GAG-]
Member
7 posts
944 battles

I just have enough doubloons and coupons for a T7 premium either a Destroyer or a Cruiser which can earn me some fast credits can any one please recommend some good ships please thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TF44]
Member
9 posts
4,598 battles
3 minutes ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

I just have enough doubloons and coupons for a T7 premium either a Destroyer or a Cruiser which can earn me some fast credits can any one please recommend some good ships please thank you

Grab either Atlanta (High ROF + Fire change and radar) or Boise (Helena clone with tweaks and Superior Repair Party) (not Nueve De Julio) for high DPM and consistent fires plus ops farming. Go for a Scharnhorst if you're able to save up a bit more and you love to as a BB with torps and fast speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-GAG-]
Member
7 posts
944 battles
2 minutes ago, Aegis_Deceit said:

Grab either Atlanta (High ROF + Fire change and radar) or Boise (Helena clone with tweaks and Superior Repair Party) (not Nueve De Julio) for high DPM and consistent fires plus ops farming. Go for a Scharnhorst if you're able to save up a bit more and you love to as a BB with torps and fast speed.

Thank you kind sir for the reply.. however I would like to know if Boise is something I can use in random also? and what would you say about the Z-39 (honestly I can't decide between these 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
775
[LBAS]
Member
3,185 posts
15,256 battles

Flint is also available but the patches without the rework is kinda....

odd. 

 

To be fair Flint is an Atlanda but with sacrificed weapons for mid range AA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-GAG-]
Member
7 posts
944 battles
2 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Flint is also available but the patches without the rework is kinda....

odd. 

 

To be fair Flint is an Atlanda but with sacrificed weapons for mid range AA

I can't see the Flint in my armory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
775
[LBAS]
Member
3,185 posts
15,256 battles
1 minute ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

I can't see the Flint in my armory

Flint was removed due to how terrible Public Relations WG Has.

Edited by IJN_Katori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-GAG-]
Member
7 posts
944 battles

So Boise or the Z-39 which is a better for credits I only have 506K game credits 🤣 so I just need something premium which will get me some credits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TF44]
Member
9 posts
4,598 battles
1 hour ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

Thank you kind sir for the reply.. however I would like to know if Boise is something I can use in random also? and what would you say about the Z-39 (honestly I can't decide between these 2)

Boise is playable and good at randoms however it's still essentially a tweaked Helena with Repair Party (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Boise). Do not attempt to treat it as a Battlecruiser in any capacity. 

I don't own a Z-39 but coming from the Maass I heard it's nearly the same when fully upgraded. What you do get is access to Upgrade slot 5 from what I'm reading (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Z-39) so that is very attractive.

 

I run ops often and Boise (+ Atlanta) are my go-to options in narai when I have to run as a cruiser. I think ultimately it'll boil down to your playstyle in random that'll be the deciding factor. But if it's purely ops then I do not recommend getting the Z-39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-GAG-]
Member
7 posts
944 battles
10 minutes ago, Aegis_Deceit said:

Boise is playable and good at randoms however it's still essentially a tweaked Helena with Repair Party (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Boise). Do not attempt to treat it as a Battlecruiser in any capacity. 

I don't own a Z-39 but coming from the Maass I heard it's nearly the same when fully upgraded. What you do get is access to Upgrade slot 5 from what I'm reading (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Z-39) so that is very attractive.

 

I run ops often and Boise (+ Atlanta) are my go-to options in narai when I have to run as a cruiser. I think ultimately it'll boil down to your playstyle in random that'll be the deciding factor. But if it's purely ops then I do not recommend getting the Z-39.

Appreciate for replying 👍 mostly I will be grinding PvE as its faster. On a side note though what do you think if I get the Hizen by spending 5000 Doubloons (gets you free 4 stages) and I then grind 'her' for xp so I can level up faster on the IJN bb's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[TF44]
Member
9 posts
4,598 battles
50 minutes ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

Appreciate for replying 👍 mostly I will be grinding PvE as its faster. On a side note though what do you think if I get the Hizen by spending 5000 Doubloons (gets you free 4 stages) and I then grind 'her' for xp so I can level up faster on the IJN bb's.

Welcome man. If you wanna do PVE then I suggest joining the Social Wolves discord in the other post. You'll see plenty of us there doing other Ops that are not Cancerport Newport. 

 

If you're confident that you can clear all the hurdles then go ahead with the 5K Doubloons. Else either save it or go for the 9950 Doubloon package. If you decide not to spend it then I recommend you buy a Yahagi at a 25% discount first then unlock her at stage 15 for some cashback. IIRC it's around 700 Doubloons back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[TF44]
Member
199 posts
1,510 battles

Honestly, if you only have 500k credits in the bank and are looking to play in Randoms then don't.

As others have said Z-39 gets slot 5. That's it's thing. That's 2 million to equip, without it you are a lot easier to spot. And the cruisers you are still looking at over 1 million to get modules on to. Otherwise they are big juicy citadels just waiting to happen. If you are looking at spending those extra armoury coupons then by all means grab one, but for credits stack signal flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[151ST]
Member
2,949 posts
11,039 battles

If you decide to go PvP I would not recommend an Atlanta...

While more advanced players can make her work and she's still good in niche situations; there are much better options.

She is good for Ops though!

I rate Boise highly for both noobs and skills... defo worth getting

Edited by S4pp3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[IJN]
Member
308 posts
5,152 battles

Z-39 is basically a Z-23 with one less turret at Tier 7.

It's good, but the German DDs haven't been looking too good recently with powercreep and whatnot.

Trust me on this. I bought Z-39 when he came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[151ST]
Member
2,949 posts
11,039 battles
1 hour ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

I need to grind PvE as the battles are faster, I think the Z-39 should be a good choice though

It's a strong ship but I would strongly advise against it.

To maximise profits you want a T7 CL/A with good DPM and if possible torpedoes or somethong else going for it.

They're just far more flexible and thus better value for money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[TF44]
Member
199 posts
1,510 battles
15 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

It's a strong ship but I would strongly advise against it.

To maximise profits you want a T7 CL/A with good DPM and if possible torpedoes or somethong else going for it.

They're just far more flexible and thus better value for money

That and you would be amazed at how many BBs and CAs think any smoke screen you drop is actually there for them to take and shoot at things from so they get insta-spotted and you get shot at.

Edited by CarvinMarvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
268
[TWR]
Member
1,318 posts
4,939 battles
5 hours ago, Mad_Scotsman_1 said:

I can't see the Flint in my armory

Try selecting the Featured section of the armory ( the Star at the top of the menu on the left ),it should show up at the bottom of the page on the right for 168,000 coal.

For some reason they don't have it listed in the Ships section as well.

You can also access the armory from here if you don't have the game open at the moment:

https://armory.worldofwarships.asia/en

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[151ST]
Member
2,949 posts
11,039 battles
1 hour ago, CarvinMarvin said:

That and you would be amazed at how many BBs and CAs think any smoke screen you drop is actually there for them to take and shoot at things from so they get insta-spotted and you get shot at.

Oh I'm renowned for playing middle tiers, so I'm well aware 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
710
[BLESS]
Member
1,300 posts
11,669 battles

I still think the most economical way to make credits is to buy permacamo.

T7 Permacamo on Myoko, Gneisenau, Jervis... profit.

If you want a fun low tier ship that won't break the bank, then T-61.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,405
[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles

Lazo would be a much better option than Atlanta if you play mostly on Random. I mean unlike Atlanta, Lazo has long-ranged guns with fast shell ballistic, which can be increased further by the unique version of Spotter Aircraft (shorter active duration, but with much shorter cooldown).

Although to be honest, all T7 ships have the same credit multipliers I believe. This is the handy chart about it.

651364788_CreditMultiplier.thumb.png.545d8fdd8836167f5d90c9ecaa7c3436.png

So yeah, no. All T7 premiums technically have the same credit-making ability. Your best shot is to invest on the T9 premiums now, which can be obtained for free actually (through grinding of course).

If you really should buy a perma camo for the tech tree ships, get at least the T9 ones. Because all permacamo for tech tree ships below the T9 have no credit multipliers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,405
[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles

I don't have Boise or NDJ. But I have a lot of experience with Helena (which is almost the same ship).

Both of the former have shorter gun range than Helena's upgraded range. And currently T7 is in a very rough spot for Random, you might see the T9 ships in battle frequently. And the range issue becomes a very apparent one if you get the bottom of the lineup. I mean the very minimum engagement range for BBs and cruisers at T9 is 15 km. While Boise & NDJ only have 13.6 km gun range. So apart from the DDs who overextend themselves, neither of those premium are that good for Random (at least until WG solves the unfair MM issue). The other T7 cruisers with long gun range like Lazo, Algerie, and Yorck don't suffer as much because they have the range needed to engage the higher tier ships safely.

Their access to heal might seem nice on paper. But in practice, nope. The heal helps against the lower tier ships, or bots in PvE. But not against the higher tier ships in Random. And of course if you get shafted by the MM, you will encounter many ships whose guns have no trouble at punching your relatively weak armor (although the armor is actually average for the T7).

I know this is basically an antithesis against the mentioned premiums, but that's based on the actual  truth.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,161
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,810 posts
21,474 battles

Scotty if that was you who just joined us in Social Wolves discord and you intend to play Ops with us then get Boise.

As often as we can, we play Narai operation.

If this isn't the Op of the week, then we play it when we get enough of us to make our own game.

We are active late evening Australian time.

If you play Narai with us and you learn how to use Boise in that - you will make a lot of silver coin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[151ST]
Member
2,949 posts
11,039 battles
43 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Because all permacamo for tech tree ships below the T9 have no credit multipliers.

Not entirely correct...

Permacamos below T9 reduce cost of servicing which while not a huge expense contributes all the same.

Also there are exceptions like Kobayashi camos for Kii and Ashitaka...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,405
[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles
1 minute ago, S4pp3R said:

Not entirely correct...

Permacamos below T9 reduce cost of servicing which while not a huge expense contributes all the same.

Also there are exceptions like Kobayashi camos for Kii and Ashitaka...

Well... the service cost reduction do make little difference below T9 because the service costs are generally cheaper to begin with. And if you have a huge stock of expendable camo aside from the Type 1, 2, and 5; you'd really want to use them instead as they actually have better exp multipliers than the existing perma camo on those ships (and some even have credit multipliers).

And I said tech tree ships, btw. Neither of those are tech tree ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[151ST]
Member
2,949 posts
11,039 battles
4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well... the service cost reduction do make little difference below T9 because the service costs are generally cheaper to begin with. And if you have a huge stock of expendable camo aside from the Type 1, 2, and 5; you'd really want to use them instead as they actually have better exp multipliers than the existing perma camo on those ships (and some even have credit multipliers).

And I said tech tree ships, btw. Neither of those are tech tree ships.

#!^#!

I missed that, soz I'm absolutely knackered after gym...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×