Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

In Freedom Server...

78 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles

In Freedom Server there are no CVs.
NA_CV.thumb.png.79b218dd6e912cdcc6f2971f3218651b.png

In Freedom Server people are more aggressive and don't run to the back line.
NA_backline.thumb.png.43a42dfa469b768e6c7968c2c286099a.png

In Freedom Server people communicate heaps in English.
NA_crickets.thumb.png.80fc740cac32c8a7421e6183727e1e1c.png

In Freedom Server stock Farragut is King.
(This one IS actually true).
farra_king.thumb.png.d99306224afc0c32aa899a58192c177c.png

Edited by Max_Battle
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles

OK, OK, maybe not PURE stock...

Sue me.

World of Warships Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 16.57.29.90.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 16.57.22.01.png

• Haha 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles

As pepetato as anywhere else.

World of Warships Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 17.19.09.21.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2021.01.02 - 17.19.03.82.png

293 posts
6,534 battles
33 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

In Freedom Server people communicate heaps in English.

In the few games I've played in the 'Freedom Server' recently they do communicate quite a bit. The only issue is that the communication is either in:

Stupid,

Salt,

or

Random Incoherant Screams of General Panic

11 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

As pepetato as anywhere else.

I'd argue they are more Potato than SEA. Some of the Bots in SEA have better win rates and playstyles than some human players in NA.

• Cool 2

5,166 posts
9,118 battles

I've seen a lot of videos about damage records in WoWS on many YT channels. Never watched any of them.

I wonder: how easy is it for one player to score 400k/500k/600k damage in a single battle. I've seen a thumbnail with 700k~ damage. How many of those records are in Asia?

Here in Asia, unicums struggle to do 400k per battle. I scored ~240k damage in a battle and wows number puts me in the Royal Purple (unicum damage).

Curious.

[CLAY]
3,007 posts
13,344 battles

I stayed because I know people here, and I really don’t think there is that huge of a difference. And I don’t think I’d like the attitude over there. Never really liked the concept of ‘trash talk’, I would probably take it personally and report people. At the very least, I don’t understand if anyone is trash talking me here.

Basically, I couldn’t be bothered moving.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles

Oh I was just busting a few myths is all.

Max_Scientist

293 posts
6,534 battles
13 hours ago, Paladinum said:

How many of those records are in Asia?

Probably none.

Those types of records are done in either Co-op where the enemy AI has multiple Grober Kurfurst, Thunderers and Moskva's that kill the all AI pretty quick or in Randoms in NA where people whale to TIX or TX and then find themselves getting wiped

You also have to think how many games did those youtubers record just to get that one match.

13 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Oh I was just busting a few myths is all.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles
19 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

There is a big difference between mythbusting and shitposting.

You were clearly doing the latter.

If you are going to say mean things like that please send a band aid at the same time.

Cuz you just cut me bad, man.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
51 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I've seen a lot of videos about damage records in WoWS on many YT channels. Never watched any of them.

I wonder: how easy is it for one player to score 400k/500k/600k damage in a single battle. I've seen a thumbnail with 700k~ damage. How many of those records are in Asia?

Here in Asia, unicums struggle to do 400k per battle. I scored ~240k damage in a battle and wows number puts me in the Royal Purple (unicum damage).

Curious.

Broadside exhibitionists, and the "straight-all-day" sailors are the common things in those records.

Although those records need teammates whom are equally bad enough to let them score the damage as high as possible.

Funnily enough, Asia rarely got their records featured (I think the last time was Conqueror before the nerf happened). The records have been mostly from the Russian, or EU servers, and sometimes NA.

Not saying the other servers are full of pepegas, but they have different kind of pepega compared to our campy-snipey meta.

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
13 hours ago, toxicsalt said:

You were clearly doing the latter.

Did this really need stating? Given it's Max and he's renowned for a tongue in cheek remark, combined with the title and only a couple of sceenshots...

But...

Given all the rhetoric of the turncoats back in 2019... I find this type of post a perfectable acceptable dig at their POV...

I find the most interesting part the fact that there's 4 Rangers. I never see 4 USN CVs in games these days, let alone Ranger being the culprit...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

119 posts
430 battles

Do people really believe there are no/fewer CVs in NA?

In their forum, there is always at least a thread of Anti CV rant in a page.

The WG staffs there also have stated multiple times to let the others play whatever they want.

• Cool 1

5,166 posts
9,118 battles
28 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

and the "straight-all-day" sailors are the common things in those records.

They think dodging shells makes them "not straight" or something? Because they must sail straight to prove their... you know?

55 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

Those types of records are done in either Co-op where the enemy AI has multiple Grober Kurfurst, Thunderers and Moskva's that kill the all AI pretty quick or in Randoms in NA where people whale to TIX or TX and then find themselves getting wiped

Pretty sure they are all at least Random... Probably.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Do people really believe there are no/fewer CVs in NA?

In their forum, there is always at least a thread of Anti CV rant in a page.

The WG staffs there also have stated multiple times to let the others play whatever they want.

There was a large minority of people clamouring for server transfers so they could go to NA for years.

Part of the reason was the alleged dearth of CVs on NA...

This is somewhat true if we look at the numbers, Asia has a chunkier % of people playing CVs compared to the other servers.

Another cited reason was the language barrier, yet there are non-english speaking people on NA, just far fewer of them.

Around the back end of 2019 server transfers were opened for a brief period.

Some people left to go to NA, many of them were pushy about those of us electing to stay. Us regulars on here regardless of differences in opinion have always been a tight-knit bunch and so I think they were just hoping many of us would migrate with them.

Basically the joke/point/anecdote that Max was pointing out was ridiculing the NA migration crowd.

Trust me, it's funny, just on a layered, 'you had to be there' sort of way.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles
10 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Sometimes I forget not everyone has been playing and following this game for 5 years.

Or maybe I just choose my audience.

Meh... a little from column A and a little bit from a squirrel.

• Funny 2

293 posts
6,534 battles
11 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Basically the joke/point/anecdote that Max was pointing out was ridiculing the NA migration crowd.

The funny part of that was that Max was one of the 'turncoats' that left claiming that it would be better in the NA server, only to then come back after a month because it didn't suit them.

11 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Sometimes I forget not everyone has been playing and following this game for 5 years.

There are quite a few of us who have been playing this game for five years, you're not special in that regard.

And second you do this constantly. You create topic after topic of pointless posts in the forum expecting people to either look at it and chuckle or ignore it. 

This was one of those posts where you didn't expect anyone to actually comment. And were surprised when it became a thread. In this regard you're as bad as Sharkbait, the difference is that Sharkbait actually tries to get a point across about the mechanics of the game and how they perceive them to be broken.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles
6 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

The funny part of that was that Max was one of the 'turncoats' that left claiming that it would be better in the NA server, only to then come back after a month because it didn't suit them.

There are quite a few of us who have been playing this game for five years, you're not special in that regard.

And second you do this constantly. You create topic after topic of pointless shitposting in the forum expecting people to either look at it and chuckle or ignore it. 

This was one of those posts where you didn't expect anyone to actually comment. And were surprised when it became a thread. In this regard you're as bad as Sharkbait, the difference is that Sharkbait actually tries to get a point across about the mechanics of the game and how they percieve them to be broken.

Well I certainly feel chastised.

Do you think you can help me turn my life around?

5,166 posts
9,118 battles
1 minute ago, toxicsalt said:

This was one of those threads where you didn't expect anyone to actually comment. And were surprised when it became a thread. In this regard you're as bad as Sharkbait, the difference is that Sharkbait actually tries to get a point across about the mechanics of the game and how they percieve them to be broken.

Sharkbait's clickbaity threads are full of propaganda in disguise, and the paragraphs are obnoxiously gapped. At one point in time, he always mentioned "WG pls add Yamashiro" at the end of every thread, another time "WG please buff Irian", etc., but almost always "just play CVs".

Yeah, I prefer Max's mindlessly entertaining threads, where people can comment whatever the f**k they want to and have a chuckle. There are enough people who spread the salt in this forum already.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
30 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

And second you do this constantly. You create topic after topic of pointless shitposting in the forum expecting people to either look at it and chuckle or ignore it. 

This was one of those posts where you didn't expect anyone to actually comment. And were surprised when it became a thread. In this regard you're as bad as Sharkbait, the difference is that Sharkbait actually tries to get a point across about the mechanics of the game and how they percieve them to be broken.

Yeah and?

1. You don't have to like the shiptoast.

2. You don't have to comment in it.

3. Max coming back makes his joke worth less? I fail to see relevance.

Each to their own and all but it honestly seems like you are going out of your way to trash on his post...

Max can fend for himself but you are just coming across as if you are on tilt and looking for something to complain about...

Unfortunately that reflects poorly on you, perhaps leave it at that?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

293 posts
6,534 battles
51 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Do you think you can help me turn my life around?

Absolutely, you can break the 'S' 'H' "I" 'T' 'P' 'O' 'N' G' keys on your keyboard. and then your left and right mouse buttons to be safe.

46 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Sharkbait's clickbaity threads are full of propaganda in disguise, and the paragraphs are obnoxiously gapped. At one point in time, he always mentioned "WG pls add Yamashiro" at the end of every thread, another time "WG please buff Irian", etc., but almost always "just play CVs".

I never said sharkbaits threads were good, just that they do try to point out something that is wrong based on their perceptions rather than Max's atempts at humour.

23 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Max can fend for himself but you are just coming across as if you are on tilt and looking for something to complain about...

So what you are saying is that Max is allowed to do this continuosly but I'm not allowed to complain about said actions because it offends you?

So you're telling me that I'm am not allowed to have a discussion based on the amount of pointless threads I see in the General forums on a regular basis. I see, well, if you were a moderator or a member of WG staff I could quite understand your reasons to try and stop this thread from moving forward but as you are not all I can assume is that you despise and attempt to quiet anyone who tries to point out something they see as wrong because it hurts your sensibilities. Your behaviour and attempt to stop me from stating my my views shows you really don't understand how a forum works.

Edited by toxicsalt

5,166 posts
9,118 battles
5 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

I never said sharkbaits threads were good, just that they do try to point out something that is wrong based on their perceptions rather than Max's atempts at humour.

And none of his threads have ever moved into a bunch of people making fun OF certain in-game features, mechanics or content.

/s

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,824 posts
21,574 battles
9 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

Absolutely, you can break the 'S' 'H' "I" 'T' 'P' 'O' 'N' G' keys on your keyboard. and then your left and right mouse buttons to be safe.

So what you are saying is that Max is allowed to do this continuosly but I'm not allowed to complain about said actions because it offends you?

So you're telling me that I'm am not allowed to have a discussion based on the amount of pointless threads I see in the General forums on a regular basis. I see, well, if you were a moderator or a member of WG staff I could quite understand your reasons to try and stop this thread from moving forward but as you are not all I can assume is that you despise and attempt to quiet anyone who tries to point out something they see as wrong because it hurts your sensibilities. Your behaviour and attempt to stop me from stating my my views shows you really don't understand how a forum works.

I don't know why you called yourself toxicsalt.

You should have called yourself "Happy_happy_joy_spreader" cuz you're a real peach.

• Funny 5
  • Thanks 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
8,563 battles

Wait.. so snowflakes is still a thing?

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
8,563 battles
13 minutes ago, toxicsalt said:

So you're telling me that I'm am not allowed to have a discussion based on the amount of shitposting I see in the General forums on a regular basis. I see, well, if you were a moderator or a member of WG staff I could quite understand your reasons to try and stop this thread from moving forward but as you are not all I can assume is that you despise and attempt to quiet anyone who tries to point out something they see as wrong because it hurts your sensibilities. Your behaviour and attempt to stop me from stating my my views shows you really don't understand how a forum works.

Im pretty sure having a discussion about something you want to bring up is "start a new thread" .. that's how forums work.  This one is about proving the fallacy of NA is better, yours is about shitposting on forums i gather.

FYI You really don't understand how a forum works.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this