Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Verytis

I'm tired of playing BBs

8 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
486 posts
6,174 battles

Its a massive pain when your DDs don't spot, or CVs don't attempt to dig out campers.

All I can do is shoot from 15 to 20km away, unless intelligence data says otherwise, because I know I'll get cooked by Thunderers and snipy cruisers.

Even CAs nowadays are fitting ranged mods.

WTF petro is so thin when bow tanking, and all I have is hoping my shells will hit a tiny 25mm section. I can overmatch every other CA but this thing can do a bow tank fight with me.

I know I have terrible accuracy but the dispersion makes it really hard to tell whether I've aimed poorly or RNG is screwing with me.

If I wasn't bum-rushing to finish the grind for a legendary module, I would play my CLs and DDs instead.

2130181447_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_01_01-07_00_59_71.thumb.png.d26806b7facb40581fc9ec741e3d63e8.png

I don't want to touch a BB for an entire month.

EDIT: Also I swear WG, every time you pull something like this, I'm one step closer to quitting. Although at the same time it probably wouldn't hurt you because good players farming and trashtalking your whales is probably a negative.

Edited by Verytis

5,155 posts
9,109 battles

I laughed out loud the moment I saw the title of this thread.

It's like the antithesis of the 2 other threads about CRs and DDs mere days ago - "it's bad to play CRs (thanks to BBs)" and "DD play isn't rewarded enough".

Funni.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 4

[SMOKE]
2,191 posts
17,088 battles
1 hour ago, Verytis said:

Its a massive pain when your DDs don't spot, or CVs don't attempt to dig out campers.

All I can do is shoot from 15 to 20km away, unless intelligence data says otherwise, because I know I'll get cooked by Thunderers and snipy cruisers.

Even CAs nowadays are fitting ranged mods.

I would not disagree with that .. but know this, while its a massive pain that DD don't spot and CVs don't dig out campers .. its even more pain for the DD to go spotting ( when his/her team BB and Cruiser are no where close enough to do any support and CV are of no use that fashion ), and CV, well they are busy their own farming cause the game mechanics made it so , you can still shoot from those 15/20KM away from the enemy, picture if you are in a CL/DD which only had range that read more like 14, 12KM , its just the way how WG only really listen to BB Mafia that leads to this ...

its self fulfilling : start way back when WG artificially nerf the torpedo range and detection way too much on DD, then Radar, too many Radar, CV rework, long range gunnery and yet more long rage gunnery ( and secondaries ) , these made it perfectly possible to just sit out 15 to 20KM and fire away and so player will and they do, and then the Super Cruisers, made it so such that Cruisers are also reduced to having to pace back, and that ripple through and come back haunting the BBs

I always say its only those with the luxury of margin of error that could had the choice, and in this game its the BBs,  even if a single BB on your flank decide he/she would not push, then the action drag down everybody , everybody are reduced to stay back, sit back, and simply fire from that 15 to 20KM, especially the layman Cruisers , and as for CL/DD , well like it or not , if they find it that they are not allowed to perform theirs, and then even if they try the team will not / could not give the due support needed ( cause they either choose to or force to stay that 15 to 20KM back ) ... then ... well they just do not care to do it anymore, no people come to play the game suicidal

BB player complaining about only able to shoot from 15 to 20KM out amounts to ( a bit of a sarcasm but sadly feel so ) just wolf crying over the slaughtered sheep

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[KAMI]
486 posts
6,174 battles
31 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

BB player complaining about only able to shoot from 15 to 20KM out amounts to ( a bit of a sarcasm but sadly feel so ) just wolf crying over the slaughtered sheep

Oh thats why I'm going the DD, so I don't have to rely on DDs who don't intend to even try to do their jobs.

That, or radar cruisers.

Edited by Verytis

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles
9 hours ago, Verytis said:

Oh thats why I'm going the DD, so I don't have to rely on DDs who don't intend to even try to do their jobs.

That, or radar cruisers.

Try Udaloi, gunboat till the end with AADF and repair party for shooting CV

if you have free XP get Mogador and its 16km range..... rekt everything but i am not recommended since its prone to CV rocket and HE bomb

i am bored playing CV as well, EZ Pesky

[FORCE]
Modder
2,662 posts
12,898 battles

To be frankly absolutely honest, Petro is a massive pain in the aft to deal with regardless of the ship class you play.

BB? It bow tank my shots.... better than most BBs!

DD? You play the French, and YOLO torp it. Otherwise you just can't.

CL? I'm dead, that's it!

CA/CB? Prepare for a battle of attrition!

CV? Where did my planes go? Oh they are dead because that floating piece of BS has crazy kind of AA. MVR had her bomb castrated, while AP rockets do jackshit when the Petro parks in between 2 islands (it doesn't help much either when the German rocket planes are very sensitive to the terrain levels underneath them when attacking)..

[CRN_P]
8 posts

What I hate is Thunder,It’s the most stupid ship WG has ever released.Why you guys make British battle ship turn to this kind of potato?

[151ST]
Alpha Tester
52 posts
7,178 battles

Thunderer, Smolensk, Colbert - Stupid HE spam and fires - CV balance and soon to be Submarines...........seems WG have lost the plot.......must be the Vodka that they need this time of year to keep warm........it's addled the brain cells.

At least they have removed the Thunderer and Smolensk and we don't see too many Colberts - Next WG might just balance CV's properly, get submarines balanced and sorted, followed by HE Balance/fire reduction and maybe just maybe even fix the super dispersion of CA/CL's and then this game might just make it out of Beta.

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this