You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Minato_Aquakinn

Please give me some advice

5 comments in this topic

[ZEPPY]
34 posts
1,619 battles

well, I just buy Marceau and I am thinking her commander skills

wouldn't it be a better choice if I sacrificed concealment expert for range and RPF?

I think I buy a crazy ship lol

[-CAT-]
2,750 posts
12,222 battles

For level 4 captain skills,

CE (Concealment Expert) is a must if you want to use the ship on random, ranked, or clan battle. Extra concealment helps in a DD.

You can can give up RL (Radio Location) for AFT (Advance Fire Training).

For level 3 captain skills,

SE (Survival Expert) is a must. That Extra HP will help you in battle.

There are a lot of builds, but you can only choose 2 level 3 captain skills, if you plan to get both CE (Concealment Expert) and AFT (Advance Fire Training)

BFT (Basic Fire Training) = RPF
TAE (Torpedo Armament Expert) = Torp Reload
SI (Super Intendent) = +1 consumables
DE (Demolition Expert) = Increase Fire Chance

If you want a rough draft calculation of skills, you can try looking here before you continue with your build.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=&ship=Destroyer

Also do note,

That in the next patch (0.10.0), WG is going to release a new set of captain skills for every class. And captain points will be increased to 21 points.

You can try Marceau now or keep her until patch 0.10.0 is released.

If you plan to get the snowflake, do it in co-op for now.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[ZEPPY]
34 posts
1,619 battles
33 分鐘前,S0und_Theif 說:

For level 4 captain skills,

CE (Concealment Expert) is a must if you want to use the ship on random, ranked, or clan battle. Extra concealment helps in a DD.

You can can give up RL (Radio Location) for AFT (Advance Fire Training).

For level 3 captain skills,

SE (Survival Expert) is a must. That Extra HP will help you in battle.

There are a lot of builds, but you can only choose 2 level 3 captain skills, if you plan to get both CE (Concealment Expert) and AFT (Advance Fire Training)

BFT (Basic Fire Training) = RPF
TAE (Torpedo Armament Expert) = Torp Reload
SI (Super Intendent) = +1 consumables
DE (Demolition Expert) = Increase Fire Chance

If you want a rough draft calculation of skills, you can try looking here before you continue with your build.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=&ship=Destroyer

Also do note,

That in the next patch (0.10.0), WG is going to release a new set of captain skills for every class. And captain points will be increased to 21 points.

You can try Marceau now or keep her until patch 0.10.0 is released.

If you plan to get the snowflake, do it in co-op for now.

Thanks for the advice

I may keep it for 0.10.0, it seems that Marceau can become stronger in 0.10.0 with the new commander skills.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles

I think CE is not really that necessary for a massive smokeless gunboat like her. This is a ship that concentrates most of her damage output with guns rather than torps. And of course being smokeless means you can either go pew pew in the open water, or hug islands like the Americans. Being smokeless is also making it very risky to cap at the early part of the game. A lot of DDs can spot you from the other side of the cap easily, even without CV support.

Even with full concealment build (7km), you rarely get the chance to get close enough to use the torp without being spotted (mostly by the enemy DDs). Mind you the gunboat with the highest RoF in the game is still stealthier by 800m with the same build, and that one has smoke.

The biggest mistake of many inexperienced French DD players is to play them like the conventional DDs. The only time they can use torp effectively is either on a lone & overextended BBs, or to rush the target in the late game (using the saturation gimmick as your trump card). Otherwise, you would have to play them like the Soviet DDs. Ignore about the DD role, and focus on spamming HE on anything from the safe range, including from CV since you can dash back to the friendly cruisers more easily due to her incredible speed. God knows how many silly French DD players on the Silver League because they play like Shima.

• Cool 1