Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rub1c0n

Playing as a cruiser is getting tiresome

18 comments in this topic

74 posts
4,404 battles

That would explain why there are always so many BBs in the queue.  Play a BB  live to fight.  Play a CA, get smashed at will unless you want to be timid and run all game long but you do nothing and score nothing

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
692 posts
3,519 battles

Meh.

I run Hindenburg range mod, and i enjoy seeing BB trying to snipe me and missed while burning fore to aft

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,007 posts
13,344 battles

I can't really disagree...

BBs often outnumber CAs/CLs. There are rarely enough DDs around to spot anymore, and allied CVs can only cover one flank, while enemy CV can spot you from air easily.

Because Cruisers usually have shorter range than BBs, they are often closest spotted ship to enemy. And since we seem to have a lot of big gunned long ranged, high accuracy BBs these days.... Its getting harder to play that mid range cruiser.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,119 battles

Well, when the game spec for BB to be OP, CV to be practically all above others ( punk intended ), that which those who just play a humble DD or a layman CL . CA are reduced to food for the taking, offering on the altar and yet keep asked to go out front to do this , do that when the big guns can farm from safe distance , and sit tanking, angled , and CV can just send their plane over and not care ... and that which all you can do in a Cruiser is either sit back , relax and be a good audience or if you are in a DD, dash out and try to see if FATE smile on you ( and usually she does not ) .. and then what, the game only really reward damage dealing  major, all you so call support, AA, Spotting, even good deed like blind firing and Torp into areas o deny enemy are either not rewarded or reward the minimal at best ...

well you learn, the game discriminate against DD, discriminate against CL and now discriminate against CA ( and that is very much courtesy of all the CB introduced ) ... Players are not dumb , so if the class are just mean for .. well .. the taking, Players will start quit playing them or if they still play them they will not do the needed tactical duties, and instead focus on their own farming cause that is how the game work. It might not what the game mean to , but its how it is

And then what, if you cannot beat them, the join them , and join them many do , and believe me if the Captain Skill change come along as it is now it will get even worse since the skill now offer even better range BB play and further limit Cruiser efficiency and ranging

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
1,938 posts
3,669 battles

back in the old days BB have biggest drawback..... ITS RTS CV that can nuke them from full HP. most CA have AADF that Fend off aircraft attack effectively.....

now CV is no longer thread and DD is no longer relevant......

BB is BB

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles

Position better, BBs are slow and when out of position are easy to farm.

If you find it too much, play BB, DD, CV or another game.

5,166 posts
9,118 battles

Is this a challenge?

*slap Range Mod. 1 on Yoshino*

16 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

If you find it too much, play another game.

Yeppie.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
29 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Is this a challenge?

*slap Range Mod. 1 on Yoshino*

Yeppie.

I'm not actually kidding or being elitist or mean, I do this about 5 times a day at the moment, I play a couple get annoyed at something and go play a different game.

No way in hell am I getting tilt and then being a bit short with my very very pregnant missus...

I may earn the biscuits but we know who wears the pants...

[LBAS]
1,938 posts
3,669 battles
56 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Position better, BBs are slow and when out of position are easy to farm.

If you find it too much, play BB, DD, CV or another game.

i am actually still thinking how the hell people manage too well in short ranged cruiser. German and French CA have long range....  this making playing IJN or UK CA disaster

also please next time just recommend people playing CV, never DD.... you know DD is harder right?

5,166 posts
9,118 battles
1 minute ago, S4pp3R said:

I'm not actually kidding or being elitist or mean, I do this about 5 times a day at the moment, I play a couple get annoyed at something and go play a different game.

Or, you know, stop playing games altogether for the day.

I design custom camos for ships, yes it's WoWS related, but no, it's not playing the game.

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
50 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Or, you know, stop playing games altogether for the day.

I design custom camos for ships, yes it's WoWS related, but no, it's not playing the game.

I'm about to be a Dad, I won't have much games time soon so getting in the maximum possible!

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

i am actually still thinking how the hell people manage too well in short ranged cruiser. German and French CA have long range....  this making playing IJN or UK CA disaster

also please next time just recommend people playing CV, never DD.... you know DD is harder right?

lol...

yeah, point was, try something different.

Short range cruisers are fine, people forget they don't have to be shooting all the time and they don't monitor their concealment.

Trick is to abuse terrain and concealment - hard but doable.

34 posts
1,634 battles

lol i do think it will be much more op for BBs in 0.10.0, as the command skills changed,

the -10% intersperse skill is the craziest skill I’ve ever seen= =

[IJN]
310 posts
5,152 battles

As a rule of thumb, these days the more range a cruiser has, the better it generally performs.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,402 posts
11,339 battles

Battleships are far too comfortable to play, with no real immediate threat.  Cruisers can get smashed if they angle incorrectly at the wrong time, DD's can get smashed if they get spotted while in a vulnerable position, there really is no consistent comparable threat for battleships.  This threat is supposed to be torpedoes, but they are so neutered as to be only a very rare threat, and generally when far out of position.  The vast amount of BB's only die when they position very poorly, and they get a long time to get used to the idea that they've made a terminal mistake.  Other ships don't get this mollycoddling, and this difference makes battleships more attractive to a portion of the population.  A well played battleship basically has no real threats, and is in almost complete control of how much damage they take and when.

Only when there is a real and immediate threat to battleships from a different class will the massive overpopulation stabilise.  This is unlikely to happen, because WG have shown no inclination to buff torpedoes against battleships, which would provide this counter.  If they were to do that, this would reduce the BB population, increase the torp boat population, and increase the gunboat population to counter the torp boats.  This would provide a much better class balance in each battle, which would make it much easier for the cruisers to roam with a bit more freedom, and make each battle much more dynamic.  This is how the game should be, rather than the static BB fests that we get to "enjoy" now.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,119 battles
On 12/31/2020 at 8:34 PM, S4pp3R said:

DOABLE, what a word

true but why suffer the meta when one can play a BB and be - easy and doable - or a CV - easy casual and doable - instead of a short range Cruiser which can only play but - hard but doable - or even a DD - all countered , all focused, always targeted, and not only just hard, but well doable .... and for any layman CA today ... might be in an awkward center position that is . well doable 

The DOABLE part is really an excuse from a gaming point of view , its a game, so each and ever player, and each and every class should be allow the same measure of ease and/or challenge ... right now that clearly is not the case, CV / BB enjoy enormous advantage in their capacity to FARM , with relatively little or close to no threat to them ! AND - unfortunately that is what the game all about now, farm the damage cause anything else the game do not reward , or reward unjust minimal amount for the risk and danger incurred. BB and CV also enjoy that farming advantage courtesy of the game spec / mechanics and farm they will, when all others ask to do all those HARD BUT DOABLE so call tactical duties, that just do not reward

Doable, might be WG should made it so that all Super Cruiser, CV, BB, and long range Soviet Bias all be the same, suffer this HARD but DOABLE .. just as others had been all the long while or they can just buff others to the same measure as big guys ... CAN THEY, WILL THEY, ...... and what of the BB Mafia ... DOABALE.. what a word indeed

Edited by Mechfori

5,166 posts
9,118 battles
20 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I'd rather abuse maneuevrability (not sure if spelled right) and concealment. Terrain has never proven itself to be friendly to me.

The a-hole keeps blocking my shots and allows enemies to hide. I hate you, terrain.

Here comes my nonsense: I have less issues with long-ranged kiters IF they shoot at right targets, most of the times they don't (me included sometimes). If my team can pressure the enemy's fire support out of supporting their DDs, then it's up to the DDs to deal with themselves [insert troll face here].

I do think that everyone can be better off learning to shoot at the right targets at the right situation, and learn to focus fire on a single target so he would be out of a match permanently, instead of leaving a 5% HP BB running off to heal back up again, esp. those RN BB pests. CVs are excellent for that, but quite frequently they don't want to pick off a near-death target. It is highly frustrating.

Also some DDs can be better off learning when to shoot or to not at an enemy DD and reveal himself. Playing DDs is a horror survival game in itself, and the game hates you, so if you play a DD, by the love of the Seven Seas, be smart about it.

The lesson I draw from this thread is that, the more range the better, not necessarily the ship type.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,119 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Here comes my nonsense: I have less issues with long-ranged kiters IF they shoot at right targets, most of the times they don't (me included sometimes).

And there's the QUESTION, what is the right target, for most the right target is the one that they can farm the most damage , not the one with the most threat to the team nor the team members ( unless that member happen to be himself / herself ) so on a CL the mad rainbow towards that enemy BB way over the other side despite its not even bothering the team , BB keep calling for others to focus fire on that single enemy BB way way way the other side despite enemy had way more ships much closer and greater threat ; we had CA that only care to shoot the enemy Cruiser / BB cause they had large enough a target that guarantee them some hits instead of chance a hit upon a well play maneuvering enemy DD closing in, and DD who care nothing to contest enemy DD at all ( yes I do that sometimes too when I play DD ) and instead veer for position to get their torp or guns off towards that big fat enemy BB/CB/CA

In short supporting , and active fighting require much effort, incur much danger, provide less chance for any hit and damage dealing, require the ship to aggressively active maneuver both to defend itself and to be able to fire upon that enemy ... High workload, High risk, Low yield ... when the opposite is ......................... well ... guess what, and then that's when the ranging part come in

Edited by Mechfori

Sign in to follow this