Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Pharoah

Shotgun approach to BB gunfire

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

Hi guys

why are the BB guns so inaccurate now? the only weapon of a BB is its long range fire, which takes up to 30 sec to reload. Unfortunately now I hit maybe 2 of 12 shots on another BB 12 kms or so away. Thats b/s. Even close in fighting, you're at a disadvantage against smaller ships who are able to reload much quicker, loose off torpedoes, etc whilst you're wallowing away waiting 30 agonizing seconds to reload...and when you do, chances are half your shots will fly off into space. 

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

Which BB?

If nagato, yes they nerf the accuracy of those secondaries

i pay those crew to use those secondaries and yet they act like noob.........

money wasted

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

Hi guys

why are the BB guns so inaccurate now? the only weapon of a BB is its long range fire, which takes up to 30 sec to reload. Unfortunately now I hit maybe 2 of 12 shots on another BB 12 kms or so away. Thats b/s. Even close in fighting, you're at a disadvantage against smaller ships who are able to reload much quicker, loose off torpedoes, etc whilst you're wallowing away waiting 30 agonizing seconds to reload...and when you do, chances are half your shots will fly off into space. 

if its low tier bb then its not really that accurate. especially tier3 or 4. and when fighting close range with dd, if you miss your salvos, your be sitting duck for the next few seconds and put your faith in your secondaries, (but hitting dd in close range to detonate their magazine is much easier than long rang battle to me). if your reach kongou then the bb gameplay will be much ok... and all of that is natural IF YOU USE BB. you are made to withstand torpedoes and hits and longer reload time because you have some BIG HEAVY SHELLS to sink those floating metals.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

*Look at T7 or Lower USN BB* :trollface:

Play those if you want accuracy - however once reach T8 (North Carolina) - The IJN one will be more accurate, however they are much more adoptable to situations thanks to their better turret turn time and good speed, as well as nearly impenetrable AA :honoring:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if its low tier bb then its not really that accurate. especially tier3 or 4. and when fighting close range with dd, if you miss your salvos, your be sitting duck for the next few seconds and put your faith in your secondaries, (but hitting dd in close range to detonate their magazine is much easier than long rang battle to me). if your reach kongou then the bb gameplay will be much ok... and all of that is natural IF YOU USE BB. you are made to withstand torpedoes and hits and longer reload time because you have some BIG HEAVY SHELLS to sink those floating metals.

the problem is low tier USN upgraded BB has too few secondary guns (only 3 on each side.) 

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

I'm currently in a Tier IV Wyoming BB. I'm not going to even mention my secondaries...those sailors must be blind because they can't hit anything...I'm talking the main guns. It annoys me how many kills I miss because half of my shots miss widely...yet the other half land squarely amidships. then someone else comes in and gets the kill after all my hard work *sigh*

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I'm currently in a Tier IV Wyoming BB. I'm not going to even mention my secondaries...those sailors must be blind because they can't hit anything...I'm talking the main guns. It annoys me how many kills I miss because half of my shots miss widely...yet the other half land squarely amidships. then someone else comes in and gets the kill after all my hard work *sigh*

Well if Even USN BBs cannot sastify you, sorry, you are probably the one to blame. They are more accurate already - but then again low tiers are not as accurate.

However, base on my experience, Wyoming had 12 12 inch gun and I do not had any problem with any kind of accuracy problem. If anything it's much better than the Myogi.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They are 2 kinds of Shot, Plunging fire and Close Range Fire

Plunging fire shot from far away and most effective if it hits The deck, (if you hit the belt or The superstructure on the deck, it will do nothing to minimal damage)

While Close range Fire (the named explain it) if you try shot enemy Structure above the Deck, they will do minimal damage (only to superstructure) and causing only Ricochet to the deck. most effective to  hit on the belt of an Abreast Ship

Plunging fire is (extremely) hard to hit (plus RNG) on the deck, but once hit perfectly it will do Some Citadel Hit and a chance to sink a BB in a instant (and get ready to receive some Profanity from angry player) due the how thin of many BB deck armour

Close Range fire is much easier to land hit (aim for the hull, not the Upper of the ship) since the enemy ship is close. But it is harder to land Citadel hit since the belt Armour of the ship much more armored than the deck (due the hit on the belt is more frequent, especially from smaller ship)

But still, The ratio of Citadel Hit on Plunging fire is much smaller than Close range one

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

After studying the shots leaving the barrels, I realise what the Devs have done (whether intentionally or unintentionally) - not every shot that leaves the barrle travels in a straight line eg. a lot of shots from a twin turret will DIVERGE - thats b/s - both guns are aimed in the same direction so that your main variable is lead and height....thats crap. don't believe me...just watch other ships in play. you will see their rounds diverge after leaving the barrel. how the hell are you supposed to hit anything with that?

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

After studying the shots leaving the barrels, I realise what the Devs have done (whether intentionally or unintentionally) - not every shot that leaves the barrle travels in a straight line eg. a lot of shots from a twin turret will DIVERGE - thats b/s - both guns are aimed in the same direction so that your main variable is lead and height....thats crap. don't believe me...just watch other ships in play. you will see their rounds diverge after leaving the barrel. how the hell are you supposed to hit anything with that?

Thats called RNG. 2 things, your low tier bb has very low accuracy or you suck at leading the target. You wont complain about accuracy after you get kongou or nagato, if you still do, better change that mouse. Seeing straight round makes it unrealistic and atleast rejoice since if this game will follow history accurately, you can hit target with a ratio of 1/23 of total shells

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,027 battles

Its called physics mate, if your firing at anything at long distance, both rounds will never land in the same place twice, let alone a secondary gun, dispersion effects all weapons. The Devs have done this beautifully. You need to practice leading your target understanding exactly where to aim on the horizon, and luck, sometimes I have made shots into a citadel I was sure I had missed entirely. And before you say how cruisers have much better guns than other ships have, well cruisers miss nearly every other shot, they just make more shots same with DD.

Take navy history, most warships before and during ww2 would fire anything upto 60+ rounds at each other and hit nothing but ocean.

Edited by Tarrell

Sign in to follow this