You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

ranked is suffering

42 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles

up

down

up 

up

down

down 

down

down

save star 

down 

down 

save start but at R7

pain

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1

[LBAS]
5,090 posts
11,316 battles

I never trust those wankers even you itself

118402769_339228357458250_7793126113210323443_o.png

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,854 posts
6,090 battles

Ya think????

As if my carrying is none for nothing , these guys act like its Random and Not going A B or C Cap point.

I am currently at Ranked 2 earlier with one star left but then...

Down

Down

Demoted to Ranked 3

Down

No Changes ...

Feels Horrible to play Bronze. Never got chance to hit Silver.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,461 battles

Other "forums" are reporting players are now at the rigging battles to lose stage so they can farm the most steel.

I'm no ranked pro, not sure how it works, but don't you only get steel the once?.

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles
8 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

Other "forums" are reporting players are now at the rigging battles to lose stage so they can farm the most steel.

I'm no ranked pro, not sure how it works, but don't you only get steel the once?.

it's not "rigging", all they need to do is to not rank up to the new league to keep farming the easy steel in silver

[CLAY]
2,960 posts
13,271 battles

I play ranked this time purely to get the commemorative flag.

In previous seasons, you got the flag at rank 15, which was quite easy to get to. Especially if you had stars from previous seasons.

This time, you have to get to rank 1 in bronze to get the flag. Which is difficult for the reasons Drakon describes.

I’m not a great player, but in ranked with the right ship I can usually win at least 50% of battles... which is not great for ranked with its stupid system....

I can carry on occasion, but most times, I just support as best I can, and because I support, I don’t play selfishly enough to save a star.

Mostly I’m just annoyed that the flag has gone from a ‘Participation Award’ to a ‘you win Bronze’ award.

• Cool 3

[TLS]
4,327 posts
20,630 battles

Kek. New system, same old problems.

From the get go, the problem was/is the "save star" mechanic. 

Unfortunately, like all things wg does: don't fix the problem, introduce more problems.

C'est la vie.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,960 posts
13,271 battles

To date, the two best ranked seasons I’ve seen are the 1v1 and 3v3 sprints.

Why? Probably because you can actually carry those games without worrying about the skill level of your team.

Or getting killed through no fault of your own because you get spotted and 5 enemy ships burn you to death while team hides behind islands letting enemy cap.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

118 posts
430 battles

As if Random is any better currently.....

Why did my team get DDs that forget to turn off their AA, but the enemy team got DDs that knows how to zig-zag their way out of harm easily?

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,394 posts
11,293 battles
6 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

The more you want it, the more fate teases you.

Absolutely.  The secret to ranked is to not care.

I just load up whatever ship I think I'll have the most fun in, and then away I go.  I'm trying my best to win of course, but I don't let it get to me if I don't.

Also, why would you ever rank out of bronze?  Just do bronze then stop before qualification.  Next week you continue farming the potatoes, it's quick and easy, and you get almost as much steel as those in silver and gold for a fraction of the effort.

[CLAY]
2,960 posts
13,271 battles

I Just had a brilliant Idea for a new rule to the save a star system.

You save a star if one person on your team is AFK.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,461 battles

After the paywall has been exposed, I'm now seeing a lose wall in events like ranked, that I have to play through many losses, always in a row, then suddenly once through, I start winning.

I didnt play ranked for a few days and went from rank 2 bronze to rank 7. Now its losing streaks again.

I've hit the losewall again!.

[CLAY]
2,960 posts
13,271 battles
15 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

After the paywall has been exposed, I'm now seeing a lose wall in events like ranked, that I have to play through many losses, always in a row, then suddenly once through, I start winning.

I didnt play ranked for a few days and went from rank 2 bronze to rank 7. Now its losing streaks again.

I've hit the losewall again!.

Yeah, it resets once a week now. If you get rank 1 bronze and qualify, next week you start at lowest rank in Silver. If you don't qualify, back to rank 7 in bronze.

So yeah, thanks, I have a week to get to next rank/ GET MY #$%@ FLAG!

[SMOKE]
2,183 posts
17,073 battles

cause anytime , on all league, anyone hitting Rank 3, or sometime even Rank 4 or 5, you start seeing people who care only to be the one who can always be the one who " save a star " , last game I had I was practically luring and enduring enemy CV attack and allow my teammates free reign for over half of the game but all the BB Cruiser just refuse to push. When you had teammates that all who care is not to lost a star, then the team is pretty much doomed already

[TF44]
485 posts
21,080 battles
6 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I Just had a brilliant Idea for a new rule to the save a star system.

You save a star if one person on your team is AFK.

4 years ago many people had a brilliant idea to introduce star saving system. WG obliged.

[HVC]
118 posts
12,927 battles
6 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

so we keep getting fresh steel?

im in!.

And that's the obvious flaw in the new ranked system. In a game that already struggles with overload burn-out (with WG forcing ever more and more buy-grind-buy-grind content), people are highly likely to gravitate to simply staying in bronze for the easy steel. 

Which is a pity, because competitive play is a good place to improve skills. But it's looking as if WG have replaced the previous ranked system with a repeating short bronze ranked steel grind, with top-loaded content (silver and gold) that most will ignore. /shrug

And that presents the chance that WG just broke their own economy, as the bronze steel rewards on repeat aren't bad (for us plebs). WG constantly break things. It's probably the vodka content in the office. Of course, the cynic might think that the current steel rewards in bronze are simply a ploy to get initial involvement, following which WG will wind them back (or raise the steel prices of ships; i.e., the new coal price for the Neustrashimy). But it would be cynical to think that way...

Me? I'm aware that burnout (and frustration with WG) present considerable risk to my ability to enjoy the game, so I limit what I focus on. I'm playing some rank for the challenge, but NOT chasing stars for now as I've just finished shoveling snowflakes off my sidewalk, and now I'm working on the Strasbourg grinds. WG can throw as much shi... 'content' at the wall as they like, but it doesn't all have to stick.