Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PanzerRunner

Back from a year break

9 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
381 posts
459 battles

can anyone tell me the summary on what has changed in World of Warships? pretty please

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
9 hours ago, PanzerRunner said:

can anyone tell me the summary on what has changed in World of Warships? pretty please

Oof, where to begin... ...

I'll try keep the salt out of this as I suspect most folks who will reply will have a fair bit of salt. Thankfully this is one of the least whiney areas to discuss WoWS in all of the internet...

CV Rockets now have a horizontal ellipse meaning that they get maximum damage against broadside targets, this means as a DD (or other ship types) if you nose in, you minimise that damage.

RM (Italian) CAs have been in the game a while now, for a while Venezia was meta, now less so. Their SAP (replaces HE) minces any lightly armoured targets/areas (including DDs) but you can angle it out somewhat.

KM (German) CVs have been added, they have AP rockets that work like 203mm AP, TBs with quick but low alpha torpedoes and AP DBs.

Their AP DBs are a bit much and their AP Rockets force CL/As to choose between them and enemy BBs to get blapped...

MVR (KM T10) is arguably one of the most 'OP' ships in the game but hasn't gone through that many nerfs yet.

FDR (USN T10 premium CV for Research Points) is even more broken as hell, having tanky planes with lots of small payloads.

USN has had a split of BBs...

They play like Colorado, slow, big guns, backline sniper support. Whereas Colorado had a few barrels the new ones have 12 and 40s reloads as well as great AA.

Some folks don't enjoy them

Aside from MVR/FDR the game is in a fairly good place outside T10 being boring and CVs still needing spotting fixes.

Oh the roughest MM is T7... There were some MM changes to increase the number of T10 only games, this means T9 are often top tier partly due to T9 premiums being best credit earners and T9 being the longest grind. T6 can be rough too but T7 is the primary punching bag.

But good positioning can mean you can still have good games, most of the time.

WG is still money hungry, no news there.

There's an upcoming skills rework next year (dig around in threads over the last month for feedback on that).

We got some mods in here from NA, mademoisail being the main one, she's awesome and replies fairly often.

Oh Vampire II is in testing (Australian Daring Class).

Welcome back and if salt or tilt was the reason you left, just don't take it too seriously. WoWS is fun, and anything can be rage inducing so my advice is always to take a break for the day if you are feeling edgy or starting to tilt.

I frequently play a few, jump off, do other things and then come back. I rarely tilt these days (turns out I can still potato without tilting though) :Smile_child:

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles

Oh and Soviet Cruiser Split...

Petropavlosk is the new T10 Soviet CA and she's arguably stronger than Stalingrad or Moskva...

Average HE but amazingly BS good AP with improved pen angles...

Al Nevsky is the other one and is a bit 'meh' from the PTS... It's only a bit 'meh' because Petro is so good, she's still very strong.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Their AP DBs are a bit much and their AP Rockets force CL/As to choose between them and enemy BBs to get blapped...

this isnt true so much after the reticle nerf, the circle is actually bigger than audacious's carpet bombs now so even on a perfect drop you're much much less likely to get 2 cits in a go, never mind 3

• Cool 2

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
26 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

this isnt true so much after the reticle nerf, the circle is actually bigger than audacious's carpet bombs now so even on a perfect drop you're much much less likely to get 2 cits in a go, never mind 3

Ahhhhhh thankyou, I meant to test that on PTS but between family, snowflakes, preggo missus and xmas I got distracted...

What's the MVR population been like? I've been in the mid tiers for snowflakes and when I have been up there have seen more FDRs than anything.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
22 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

What's the MVR population been like? I've been in the mid tiers for snowflakes and when I have been up there have seen more FDRs than anything.

I've been stuck in the Qualification stage in Ranked, but I have seen a lot of MVR in there. The AP DB doesn't seem to be as devastating as it used to be. The only real menacing thing about MVR is the AP rocket now, which still punishes the camping cruisers hard enough to make Wooster somewhat rare in that mode

FDR on the other hand.....

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles
51 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Ahhhhhh thankyou, I meant to test that on PTS but between family, snowflakes, preggo missus and xmas I got distracted...

much lower than before, they are still quite the menace against CAs with those rockets but the APDBs had both the drop pattern and the reticle nerfed so it's basically gambling every time you drop something that's not a T10 BB, the torps are still meh so overall it's still decent

• Cool 2

1,504 posts
6,696 battles

Welcome back!

5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Oh and Soviet Cruiser Split...

Petropavlosk is the new T10 Soviet CA and she's arguably stronger than Stalingrad or Moskva...

Average HE but amazingly BS good AP with improved pen angles...

Al Nevsky is the other one and is a bit 'meh' from the PTS... It's only a bit 'meh' because Petro is so good, she's still very strong.

Also British heavy cruisers, as well as Pan-European (Swedish) destroyers have been added.

The British heavies feel like tweaked Japanese CAs in mid-tiers (especially Devonshire and Surrey), a bit clumsy, short-ranged but all with heal. T8 feels like a mix between Neptune, Japanese CA and Baltimore, and T9 and T10 are like miniature British battleships: large health pool, British HE and 1/4 pen, relatively tanky for cruisers. As a result rather durable in cruiser duels and can out-trade many cruisers with her megaheal.

Pan-European DDs are smoke-less, armed with a limited main gun battery, fast but low damage torpedoes (70+ kts but around 10000 dmg per torpedo )and heal from T5. Good AA from T8.

Also the IFHE rework. All CLs nerfed, all CAs buffed, T6 and T7 CLs except Leander, Fiji and perhaps Belfast nerfed hard. Soviet 180-mm guns nerfed hard, 155 Mogami buffed much, and German CLs turned to be much better than before. Also Herni IV nerfed hard as the result of both acceleration dynamics nerf and IFHE rework.

• Cool 1

79 posts
4,282 battles

Same old smoke campers dominating. Used to be Belfast now its Samson. 

I was away for a year - now I remember why I just cant stick with this game its stupid - smoke campers totally dominate.

Edited by scommy

Sign in to follow this