You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Metal_illness

What unique attributes does Hizen bring?

18 comments in this topic

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles

Out of curiosity

we have:

Jean Bart, tanky, speed boost, think it has reload boost too, smallish guns, but effective enough, great AA can defend itself without help

Georgia, tanky, speed boost, I hear the guns are ok, secondaries and AA must be good?

Musashi, tanky, heavy hitter guns, weak AA

Pommern, tanky, guns controversial some love some hate, I think this ship is ok all rounder

So what does Hizen bring to a random battle in wows?. I hear the guns are a bit trollish, not so accurate at all.

I have included the unobtainable ships for veterans purposes. 

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,026 posts

Not much really.

More guns in an Izumo type hull.

She's ok for Co-op,  but other ships offer more at her tier in Randoms than her......

[151ST]
2,962 posts
11,051 battles

The biggest thing I need to test when I get her is actually Turret angles...

Due to Izumos turret and armour config she's remarkably tanky showing her rear to the enemy while angled.

If somehow some of these turret angles that benefit such play end up making it through to Hizen she will be strong by default.

Her shells aren't Izumo shells, they're somewhere between Amagi and Izumo in flight time and like Amagi in pen.

What this will mean is that she'll get less overpens than Izumo on CAs but won't be quite as good at getting chunky pens on angled BBs, if you aim well...

BUT it'll depend on her accuracy...

1.7 v 2.0 for sigma, nothing in it for max dispersion and turret angles look ok but that's on wowsft and not necessarily final or accurate.

Tentatively she's only outdone in salvo damage marginally by Minnesota but has better AP DPM...

Honestly I just don't know atm.

My tentative guess is that she'll be marginally stronger than Izumo due to more barrels but that she's more of a mid-range blatter whereas Izumo is fairly brutal as a sniper only missing out in overmatch compared to Musashi...

We'll see, I'm getting her anyways, so when I get her I'll post some thoughts in the forum and if I have time, do a video on her.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[CLAY]
690 posts
3,504 battles

Hizen is already unique in the sense that she's a dockyard ship, and the fact it's one of the cheapest T9 if you factor in buying the 4 stage booster only, at 5k dubs.

But in terms of the ship itself, S4pp3r catch the point. It's essentially a side-grade of Izumo, having 3 more turrets at cost of some sigma (though as she maintained the good IJN dispersion, it should be similar to USN or RN ship with 1.8-1.9 sigma). 

While sure it has less punch per shell as compared to Izumo, it's very much good (i mean, Izumo is just bullshit in her pen) and those 3 more shells theoretically mean more punch overall.

Agility and concealment should be on par.

Basically, she's a relatively balanced T9 Fuso. Which is why i have liking for her, a decent premium without resorting to excessive gimmicks in name of "identity". Take it or leave it. 

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Hizen is already unique in the sense that she's a dockyard ship, and the fact it's one of the cheapest T9 if you factor in buying the 4 stage booster only, at 5k dubs.

But in terms of the ship itself, S4pp3r catch the point. It's essentially a side-grade of Izumo, having 3 more turrets at cost of some sigma (though as she maintained the good IJN dispersion, it should be similar to USN or RN ship with 1.8-1.9 sigma). 

While sure it has less punch per shell as compared to Izumo, it's very much good (i mean, Izumo is just bullshit in her pen) and those 3 more shells theoretically mean more punch overall.

Agility and concealment should be on par.

Basically, she's a relatively balanced T9 Fuso. Which is why i have liking for her, a decent premium without resorting to excessive gimmicks in name of "identity". Take it or leave it. 

did you buy the package?

6 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Out of curiosity

we have:

Jean Bart, tanky, speed boost, think it has reload boost too, smallish guns, but effective enough, great AA can defend itself without help

Georgia, tanky, speed boost, I hear the guns are ok, secondaries and AA must be good?

Jeanbart and Georgia is not tanky at all... especially jeanbart with low HP. what making jean bart though is all front turret, the turret on the front is making bow tanking easy since the turret also have thicc armor. Georgia itself is strong againts HE since there is no much room for superstructure. againts AP it can be citadeled.....

______________________________-----------------------------------------------

Hizen seems have no gimmick and just straight collection or money grab from WG. WG could give Hizen DD repair party lol

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
690 posts
3,504 battles
4 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Hizen seems have no gimmick and just straight collection or money grab from WG

The first part i agreed, but money grab?

No offense, but i believe balanced ships is not as attractive towards average nuts compared to blatant broken ships and thus not making much money (Vanguard for example, compared to Massa) due to, again lack of gimmicks, but also the fact it's literally dirt cheap for those interested.

I despise WG marketing tactics, but so far the new dockyards are relatively likeable. Not to mention some sh*t premiums that is worth their value if you did some tricks by using the doubloon refund and coupons

Then again there's stupid idiots that whaled for Indomitable, but at least this ship won't be that useless in battle

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

[LBAS]
1,934 posts
3,664 battles

Then again there's stupid idiots that whaled for Indomitable, but at least this ship won't be that useless in battle

hey its using coupon and other discount, and i have already saved for 3 month.... it wasnt whaling, 

The first part i agreed, but money grab?

there is a tier of spending player, from whale, dolphin bla-bla-bla until small fish (free player) gaming company cannt always milk whale, it need to encourage free player to atleast spend and bound them because feel of investment. did you get +200% doubloon cashback? any player who never spend will get that.....

just saying, money grab is not always negative things, Hizen is indeed cheap and obtainable. and its never problem....

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles

I got Hizen, played 3 or 4 games so far.

I have never been a fan of BB's since dudpitz left a sour taste in my mouth, having useless small calibre AP.

I've always believed a BB should be about the AP big hits from their big guns, but WG wants them to shoot HE too much.

Hizen gets a lot of misses, and a lot of overpens, including hits to BBs.

I'm only shooting AP atm, to test it's characteristics so it looks like I'll have to go to HE.

38 seconds reload boys....absolutely HAD to take the reload mod to reduce that SOB, which is WG way of forcing you into a build.

AA seems great on paper, and I have it fully built up, not been tested yet, but it's performed more slightly below average, typical IJN AA suite. I'm hoping to encounter CV more today.

Firing angles are pretty good.

I'm no BB player enthusiast, but I'll give an honest review.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles

ok fired HE almost an entire battle, top of team, huge damage 170k ish, was being chased by 2x t9 bbs from south, and a massa coming from west, sank all of them.

HE is very good.

I  might sacrifice some equipment or mods to build the firing range up, at 20kms it works, but those enemy ships always outranging, and I need distance versus spammers like Wooster or Mino.

An interesting stat, I'm yet to be top tier in a game, not sure on how normal this is this meta. Tier 10s, every game.

Edited by Metal_illness

[151ST]
2,962 posts
11,051 battles
2 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

ok fired HE almost an entire battle, top of team, huge damage 170k ish, was being chased by 2x t9 bbs from south, and a massa coming from west, sank all of them.

HE is very good.

I  might sacrifice some equipment or mods to build the firing range up, at 20kms it works, but those enemy ships always outranging, and I need distance versus spammers like Wooster or Mino.

An interesting stat, I'm yet to be top tier in a game, not sure on how normal this is this meta. Tier 10s, every game.

More likely the time of day... Wait until peak times and that'll change...

Or could be ranked syphoning the playerbase...

HE on all IJN BBs is pretty good, they are the OG HE BBs (although most of the time you shouldn't need it).

Good to know though!

[SMOKE]
2,191 posts
17,088 battles
5 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

HE is very good.

Can Worcester or Mino fire out to 20KM ??? The enemy BB likely more able and greater threat at these range especially something like Thunderer 

[LNA]
2,069 posts
14,839 battles

Hizen get Izumo armour layout without the BS ABX layout that plague the ship and get it hated so much.
Now , 1.7 sigma is low, but if you have played Alsace it is a lot better, especially since Alsace only get 380mm , while you get 410mm. And the penetration is very good, you can get those juicy butt and nose citadels on angled cruisers, something Alsace cannot do.
The problem with Hizen is that it is much like Montana, it is a generalist ship with a heavy broadside weight. It might not get the cool factor but it get the job done.
From games i've played against it Hizen armour works exceptionally well against most AP strikes. The only thing that hard counter it is HE and AP bomb spam, but that is like any other BB.
Haven't seen it fired HE yet though.
Anyway, i don't think Chrismas time is the right time to judge the ship yet. The holiday season lured a lot more players who don't play the game much. Well you get the idea.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles
2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Can Worcester or Mino fire out to 20KM ??? The enemy BB likely more able and greater threat at these range especially something like Thunderer 

Its the buffer gap between ranges needs to be bigger, 2-3kms is too close to those monster spammers. If they can fire 17kms, and my max range is 20 kms, the 3kms isn't enough. I'd like to extend that to hopefully 5kms+.

[BLESS]
1,300 posts
11,671 battles

Shell selection with IJN BBs is very important. AP is your default, but you'll use HE more than most other AP-by-default BBs because it's so good and wrecking things.

• Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles

AP is too unreliable for my rng.

I got 10k dmg the first salvo fired with HE and said OMG that's better damage than the AP can do!.

Flambass video where he blind fires into side of russian god ship petro, AND gets 40k dmg 3 citadels from one salvo of AP...lets just say that's never going to happen with me.

1) if I blindfire, shots are even more wonky, the rng is disengaged when you blindfire, so what little help I would have, I lose.

2) shooting at a russian is a no no until end game, because I'm just wasting potential DPM. They have magik protection.

When I do shoot at them I'm collecting between 0-4k dmg per salvo, which is a total waste of teams potential DPM.

I think I've had a 3-4 citadel salvo AP once or twice in entire career, I've had more multi citadels from ze german cv rocket planes (also now nerfed, thanks).

86 posts

i test her during testing phase, her role is mid/long range support sniper

closer the range her gun/aim is getting more trollish, so stay at 17km and snipe away. Dont camp, her vertical suffered from the nation crit, it wont get over the island. Keep on moving and stalk your target

She can punch through front armor of cruiser at extreme close range (8-5km), if you get auto bounce, then aim at the front gun turret, nasty dam

• Thanks 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles

agreed, for some reason I'm doing really well in Hizen, I am attacking from 17-20kms range, and keep moving.

If enemy ships chase me in packs (they usually do), I fire HE on the run until team arrives to back up, and then the enemy ships do the running!.

It's not about getting big damage, but just having that influence on the map sectors I think, and that seems to be best for me.