Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Fletcher - my obsession

2 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,309 posts
11,704 battles

Another Fletcher post.

This ship frustrates me to the nth degree. I'll play it obsessively, get good, go off and do something else, come back a few weeks later and get crushed and have to learn everything all over again. Other high tier DDs do not give the same stress. I can waltz into a game with Yugumo, Shima, Gearing, Mogador, even Benson and Lightning, and do well from the get go. Fletcher is different.

It's not a bad ship. It’s just an order of magnitude harder to play.

I put this down to short range torps, long smoke cooldown, the large numbers of Alaskas and Rigas on the enemy team, and the high number of camping BBs. Whole stretches of a game can go by without any opportunity to get within range of hitting the enemy ships. Oh, and plus the most likely opponent you'll end up running into is Kitakaze, who can easily enough wipe you by blindfiring even if you smoke up. 

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,136 battles

Its not specific to Fletcer, all DD suffer from the game meta , and some worse off than others, Fletcher is far from the worst hit , its the ranging out and WG's inability to re spec the ships to update ... they aim for some to play torpedo boat, but they had over nerf the detection way back and now the range just do not cut it and no less the reload, the aim for some to be gunboat but they willingly do not want to give them the reload and range to actually play. And guess what they come up with, the French then the Euro DD but yet they would not give them the stealth( French ) and speed ( Euro DD ) they need, and those torp that cannot even kill a fellow DD . So people will still play the Super Cruiser, the BB cause they can simply shoot from 16, 18 and 20KM + and still made enough of some damage dealing, and kills .. aka they work, DD today , well , lacking ...

No DD not the worse hit, in fact, look at Royal Navy CL , the only ting left they had is Smoke ( or ) Radar , they cannot even start a fire !! 

Edited by Mechfori

Sign in to follow this