Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Things are rather sketchy for WG.

39 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,187 posts
15,270 battles

Yeah sure, give us a free strasbourg and all.

But to remind you.

The Grind for the Tier V free camo ships are not recommended. 

Update 0.9.12: New Year | World of Warships

You get a free camo BUT, you get a Satan crates and a free Satan commanded that IS NOT WORTH your time. it seems that WG lose alot during its Donation for verizon, funny for them.

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles

i know this is supposed to be a phunni post, but im not seeing the joke here

• Thanks 1

[LBAS]
3,187 posts
15,270 battles
3 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

i know this is supposed to be a phunni post, but im not seeing the joke here

the joke you see is WG balancing department sniffing glue and mixing it with their deadly Scorpion Vodka and call it "Balance"

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles
11 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

the joke you see is WG balancing department sniffing glue and mixing it with their deadly Scorpion Vodka and call it "Balance"

are you sure you're not the ones drinking posion infused vodka? these mission chains have nothing to do with balance

if you wanna to make satire of something at least make it funny

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
3,187 posts
15,270 battles
46 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

are you sure you're not the ones drinking posion infused vodka? these mission chains have nothing to do with balance

if you wanna to make satire of something at least make it funny

how is it funny that you came into Great wall not seeing you explode many times?

:Smile_hiding:

Well enough, most of my jokes are INSULTs to mainlands

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles
14 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

how is it funny that you came into Great wall not seeing you explode many times?

:Smile_hiding:

Well enough, most of my jokes are INSULTs to mainlands

precisely, it's not satire nor funny most of the times, this is just a more egregious example of your typical not phunni

Edited by Drakon233
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles
1 hour ago, SardineFish said:

It's Santa not Satan :Smile_teethhappy:

937415194_mrsatan.thumb.png.54ad1d6fc050cf202a724ac59c645016.png

Mr Satan: ................

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Haha 1

[LBAS]
1,938 posts
3,669 battles

Am i the only one here who feel T10 Santa crate is crap compared to steel reward????

[REPOI]
6,724 posts
27,077 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Am i the only one here who feel T10 Santa crate is crap compared to steel reward????

no you arnt, but WG's done far worse this year and at this point im not even surprised 

293 posts
6,534 battles
6 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

You get a free camo BUT, you get a Satan crates and a free Satan commanded that IS NOT WORTH your time. it seems that WG lose alot during its Donation for verizon, funny for them.

So you're saying I get not one but six clones of the Lord of Darkness and Hellfire AND six crates filled with the ruinous powers from the deepest pits of hell and damnation. That's a steal if there ever was one.

[SMOKE]
2,218 posts
17,119 battles
20 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

I got a Makarov yesterday, my first EVER free ship from an event or S Container.

Congrats ...

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles

They did the same thing during the PEF event, and I got them all. But yeah I had to play like 6-7 hours per day to catch up because I couldn't be arsed to pay for the premium time although it could have sped up the grind a lot. But the whole campaign was done in 2 days.

Although I have been a F2P kind of player for the whole 3 years, I disagree that everything has to be obtainable by the F2P players. Moreover, people who manage to get Strasbourg for free through grinding would have got those ships researched. The camos are there for the sake of prestige, they don't even have special modifier. You're better off using any expendable camos if you love sealclubbing that much.

5,168 posts
9,121 battles

Shouldn't you do this when they revealed this part in the Dev Blog, months ago?

18 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Although I have been a F2P kind of player for the whole 3 years, I disagree that everything has to be obtainable by the F2P players. Moreover, people who manage to get Strasbourg for free through grinding would have got those ships researched. The camos are there for the sake of prestige, they don't even have special modifier. You're better off using any expendable camos if you love sealclubbing that much.

We're getting more and more "free" stuffs (i.e. only time and effort required), however, the amount of "not-free" stuffs (i.e. real money) is increasing exponentially.

Everything is "technically" obtainable :Smile_trollface: Where do you think I got the Mainz? There were a series of events around the end of last year that happened that allowed me to earn a crap load of Doubloon just by playing and taking parts in community events. There were some events that got me 2-4k Doub. SCs may give Doubloon as well.

You just have to play a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. 

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

We're getting more and more "free" stuffs (i.e. only time and effort required), however, the amount of "not-free" stuffs (i.e. real money) is increasing exponentially.

True. But none of them are that sketchy. Sure the prices for the "not-free" stuffs are getting more and more expensive. But that's the nature of the "supply & demand" thing. At the very least, WG has yet to say those things are obtainable for free, like the famous disaster from last year.

8 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Everything is "technically" obtainable :Smile_trollface: Where do you think I got the Mainz?

That flex won't work for me because I also got Mainz for free, you know:Smile_trollface:

9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

There were a series of events around the end of last year that happened that allowed me to earn a crap load of Doubloon just by playing and taking parts in community events. There were some events that got me 2-4k Doub. SCs may give Doubloon as well.

I can confirm that. I actually only spend my free doubloons during the Black Friday events. Most of them actually came from SCs in my case.

12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

You just have to play a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot. 

True. But unlike the PR directives, those tasks are not restricted to certain nations & ship types at the same time.

5,168 posts
9,121 battles
3 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Sure the prices for the "not-free" stuffs are getting more and more expensive.

ARP Yamato. I can't comment on the price of that thing but even putting the ship on sale straight up like that is pretty EA-level.

5 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

That flex won't work for me because I also got Mainz for free, you know:Smile_trollface:

Who flexed? That is just an example.

6 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

True. But none of them are that sketchy. Sure the prices for the "not-free" stuffs are getting more and more expensive. But that's the nature of the "supply & demand" thing. At the very least, WG has yet to say those things are obtainable for free, like the famous disaster from last year.

On the one hand, WG are going down the EA route with their rigged loot boxes. On the other hand, if many players still fail to see all the whaling that WG have been doing, they are just feeding the Russian EA. And that is bad both for them and for the video game industry.

Greedy video game companies is only one side of the coin. Super whales is the other.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,370 posts
20,673 battles
6 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

On the one hand, WG are going down the EA route with their rigged loot boxes. On the other hand, if many players still fail to see all the whaling that WG have been doing, they are just feeding the Russian EA. And that is bad both for them and for the video game industry.

It is called being oblivious. The ccs don't help correct it either.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

ARP Yamato. I can't comment on the price of that thing but even putting the ship on sale straight up like that is pretty EA-level.

Don't forget, WG also sold Uniqe Upgrade for that T10.

In a bundle.

1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

It is called being oblivious. The ccs don't help correct it either.

Some CC are either afraid that their way of living may be cut. They rely on twitch and youtube to get revenue.

But then again, WoWs audience is small.

CC are also afraid that they might get the "SirFoch" treatment.

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

There were some events that got me 2-4k Doub.

I miss this one.

WG got greedy and didn't implement any it this year.

Probably WG does not want F2P people getting dockyard ships for grinds.

2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Everything is "technically" obtainable :Smile_trollface: Where do you think I got the Mainz?

I envy both of you.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Greedy video game companies is only one side of the coin. Super whales is the other.

This! People keep on blaming WG for milking the oblivious whales without finding out why they do that.

Boycott PR? Failed, there are quite a handful of people are sailing on it now.

ARP Yamato? It sells out well despite the "hurr durr selling T10 ship for real money is bad for the game" opinions on every platform.

Greed itself is not exclusively existing on the video game companies.

Look at Apple. Even after the "Not including the charger" fiasco, a lot of people still buy their shitty products. Yes I say shitty products because their Macs can't even run games properly, such as this one.

So no, I don't have a flipping damn to those who feel they get scammed by the lootboxes. Yes it's true just because rigged lootboxes are commonly practiced, that doesn't make them a morally right form of practice. But hey at least they learned the lessons to not trust the lootboxes too much.

One of the bloody fool here still demanded refund although he finally got some ships from those lootboxes after years for not getting any mainly because those ships are the ones in the shortlist. Then there's that guy who bailed out completely despite his "muh Mussolini ships" raging fetish.

Pair of utter pillocks....

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,370 posts
20,673 battles
4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Look at Apple. Even after the "Not including the charger" fiasco, a lot of people still buy their shitty products. Yes I say shitty products because their Macs can't even run games properly, such as this one.

Sheeple. I have not touched a garbage mac after my first year of exposure at uni. People complain about windows and the bsod. macos is even worse. Crash? cannot reboot short of pulling the power plug and reinserting it. At least on PCs there is a hard reset button.

[TLS]
4,370 posts
20,673 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Some CC are either afraid that their way of living may be cut. They rely on twitch and youtube to get revenue.

But then again, WoWs audience is small.

CC are also afraid that they might get the "SirFoch" treatment.

Then its time to find a "new job" instead of promoting shit. 

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Sheeple. I have not touched a garbage mac after my first year of exposure at uni. People complain about windows and the bsod. macos is even worse. Crash? cannot reboot short of pulling the power plug and reinserting it. At least on PCs there is a hard reset button.

IPhones are also garbage. A relative of mine has changed his phone 5 times for the last 10 years. My Lenovo from 2009 is still as good as it was new.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles
14 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

IPhones are also garbage. A relative of mine has changed his phone 5 times for the last 10 years. My Lenovo from 2009 is still as good as it was new.

Not to mention Apple "Anti-Repair" policy lately.

[TLS]
4,370 posts
20,673 battles

oh let's not even get into their IP67 phones. Before they had waterproof phones, Sony already had those. 

Sign in to follow this