Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Helena

Strasbourg vs Duke of York

Which one?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Not multiple choices. Only one.

• Strasbourg
    • Duke of York
    • Get both of them
    • Neither of them/get the T9 & 10 coal ships instead

11 comments in this topic

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,040 battles

Nope.

Stras is just a  T7 Dunke but it's free, so there's that.

DoY ... guns too wonky unless it's free you'd better off with a T9 coal BB but isn't it a bit too early for that?

edit: The KGV, the tech tree equivalent for DoY is much better and it's free(technically).

Edited by iDd_Sloth

[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles

Well, DoY is rather meh compared to KGV

• Slower gun reload
  • No catapult to launch fighter/spotter

All she gains is hydro, not even the German hydro. And a bit better credit modifier.

1,501 posts
6,663 battles
22 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well, DoY is rather meh compared to KGV

• Slower gun reload
  • No catapult to launch fighter/spotter

All she gains is hydro, not even the German hydro. And a bit better credit modifier.

It is also said that DoY boasts USN cruisers' ricochet angles for her AP shells.

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,040 battles
42 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

It is also said that DoY boasts USN cruisers' ricochet angles for her AP shells.

Yes they have better AP than the contemporary British BB's but they shells are most of the time all over the place and the lengthier reload(compared to the KGV) compounds that problem.

[151ST]
2,949 posts
11,039 battles

DoY

Strasbourg looks really bad... But I haven't played her.

Also if you play enough over the next six weeks you can grind Stras for free I'm pretty sure (through the campaign).

Many people don't like Duke of York because KGV is good.

But Hydro on a T7 BB shouldn't be scoffed at, particularly one with RN HE...

But yes, accuracy is trollishly bad.

[SMOKE]
2,185 posts
17,087 battles

as if there is an option , well really there is none when the choice is between bad and worse vs we all know what ( T9 / T10 ships )

118 posts
430 battles

I'm just trying to make sure if Strasbourg is worth the long grind, and if Duke of York is actually worth the coal. Both of them should be eligible for the snowflake event, 750 coal each.

But then I put the last option, just to get the hint if keeping the coal to get the high tier ship is a better idea. Which is currently winning by a landslide.

[151ST]
2,949 posts
11,039 battles
56 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

I'm just trying to make sure if Strasbourg is worth the long grind, and if Duke of York is actually worth the coal. Both of them should be eligible for the snowflake event, 750 coal each.

But then I put the last option, just to get the hint if keeping the coal to get the high tier ship is a better idea. Which is currently winning by a landslide.

Honestly if you don't have a good T9 premium yet, that should be your first goal.

They are the best credit earners in the game.

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,040 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Helena said:

It's not really that long of a grind.

Just play normally as you should and you'd easily get the Strasbourg.

How fast you get it depends on your determination to the goal at hand.

DoY for coal? Save it for something better.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Well, unless you love to get the short end of the MM, or just a crazy Narai grinder; neither of them should be your main priority.

Although I'm inclined to believe Strasbourg is actually better than DoY. Her MBRB should be able to mitigate her weaknesses significantly when used properly, much like how Jean Bart fares at T9.

Sign in to follow this