Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Saturnslayer

Ummm... This game is adding subs lol?

33 comments in this topic

66 posts
228 battles

So ummm i just heard this game is adding subs lol?

Why?

Is it also adding commercial shipping vessels and missions where you must traverse the sub infested waters or something?

Subs didn't fight battleships...

They sank commercial vessels and they were foiled by the oh so advanced Zig Zag manoeuvre ...

Edited by Saturnslayer

[BZ]
43 posts
12,175 battles

10 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Tell that to the Kongo and HMS Barham.

• Cool 2

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
24 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Subs didn't JUST fight battleships. US subs even sank CVs like Taiho and Shokaku.

26 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Is it also adding commercial shipping vessels and missions where you must traverse the sub infested waters or something?

Do you think all naval battles where subs took parts in during WW2 were only in the Atlantic? There were barely any supply convoy in the Pacific theater, if there were any at all.

29 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Why?

Why not?

66 posts
228 battles
10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Why not?

Because that is boring? They would have to make subs have heat seeking torps to make them playable and why try to add more stuff to an already unbalanced game?

Shouldn't they fix the unbalanced high tier match maker before implementing submarines?????

Is everyone at WG 60IQ or something lol?

I am not a smart man and in 200 battles and 50 hours of gameplay i have figured out how this game works.... Why can't the people who make it figure it out?

Edited by Saturnslayer

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
1 minute ago, Saturnslayer said:

Shouldn't they fix the unbalanced high tier match maker before implementing submarines?????

Welcome to World of Warships.

3 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Because that is boring? They would have to make subs have heat seeking torps to make them playable and why try to add more stuff to an already unbalanced game?

You'll have to play the subs themselves to see what they're doing with them. I can't say anything.

66 posts
228 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Welcome to World of Warships.

You'll have to play the subs themselves to see what they're doing with them. I can't say anything.

This game already feels like a BETA test of a game without implementing new stuff into it lol

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

This game already feels like a BETA test of a game without implementing new stuff into it lol

It's a fully released game.

The devs and their bosses simply can't be bothered to give a crap about how players feel.

They also worship a false prophet, so there is that.

66 posts
228 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

It's a fully released game.

The devs and their bosses simply can't be bothered to give a crap about how players feel.

They also worship a false prophet, so there is that.

Well that is obvious with the +2 match making that exists between tiers 4-9

5 tiers of absolute bullshit from the matchmaker that only exists to frustrate you and convince you to spend money.

And then the amount of money they want me to spend is absurd, i could buy multiple AAA games for the price of a single ship in this game talk about insane greed.

I could have legit 10,000 hours worth of brand new games for the price of about 5 premium ships.

Edited by Saturnslayer

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
11 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Well that is obvious with the +2 match making that exists between tiers 4-9

5 tiers of absolute bullshit from the matchmaker that only exists to frustrate you and convince you to spend money.

And then the amount of money they want me to spend is absurd, i could buy multiple AAA games for the price of a single ship in this game talk about insane greed.

I could have legit 10,000 hours worth of brand new games for the price of about 5 premium ships.

I played about 20 minutes of Star Wars Squadrons.

Didn't like it.

Personal issues with shooting down refugees from Alderaan.

Anyway, didn't like the game, others might.

I asked for and got a refund from Steam.

Uninstalled, never played again, never will.

I didn't go looking for the forum and tell people the game is bad, I just moved on.

Now you said you aren't a smart man and my little story may be a bit nuanced or subtle for you so maybe I just better spell it out for you...

Nah, I'll give you a moment... see how you go with this...

• Funny 2

[CLAY]
2,957 posts
13,271 battles
29 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

Is everyone at WG 60IQ or something lol?

I am not a smart man and in 200 battles and 50 hours of gameplay i have figured out how this game works.... Why can't the people who make it figure it out?

They’ve been planning subs for the past two years(?). There have been several tests, including one on the live server. I suggest you look up some YouTube videos before you make too much comment.

Yes, sub torpedos are ship seeking.

Yes, subs have a... complex interaction with every other ship in the game.

Yes,  many people have spoken out against subs, and mention that WG should fix other issues first... we were ignored.

66 posts
228 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

They’ve been planning subs for the past two years(?). There have been several tests, including one on the live server. I suggest you look up some YouTube videos before you make too much comment.

Yes, sub torpedos are ship seeking.

Yes, subs have a... complex interaction with every other ship in the game.

Yes,  many people have spoken out against subs, and mention that WG should fix other issues first... we were ignored.

None of what you said is good and you are wanting me to take it all as good news, can you please explain to me why i should like this lol?

If subs get added with what you describe i am deleting this game from my steam library now.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
4 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

None of what you said is good and you are wanting me to take it all as good news, can you please explain to me why i should like this lol?

If subs get added with what you describe i am deleting this game from my steam library now.

• Cool 1

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

Better to that now than later.

Adding seeking missiles to subs is, honestly, a stupid thing and I have no idea why they think of that. Probably the most stupid sub feature yet.

• Haha 1

66 posts
228 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Better to that now than later.

Adding seeking missiles to subs is, honestly, a stupid thing and I have no idea why they think of that. Probably the most stupid sub feature yet.

Seems like a bad business model ya know? What is the goal here? Milk the few millionaires in the world that can afford to spend $70 in AUD on a ship every week for all they are worth while everyone else hates your shit?

Why not just sell stuff cheaper?

So that everyone can have fun with it?

And you get more players....?

This game company is legit 60IQ

66 posts
228 battles

Imagine being in an South East Asian country and this game demands 6 months salary for a single ship holy shit lmao

You could probably buy pure gold in SEA and it would be cheaper than premium ships in this game.

Edited by Saturnslayer

[CLAY]
2,957 posts
13,271 battles
38 minutes ago, Saturnslayer said:

I never said you should like this. Its just... well trodden.

WG often do things we are not happy with. We comment, discuss, argue, not just here, but on reddit and across the forums on other servers. People make videos... etc...

Sometimes WG gets the message and makes changes, other time... often, they ignore us and things go on as normal.

So these same issues continue to be brought up by players. The same discussions, the same arguments, the same outrage, followed by the same disappointment when WG continues to do nothing.

Veterans of this forum have tendency to just, give up. We still agree in essence, but feel the fuss is pointless. To save ourselves, we often convince that it won't be that bad, everything will be ok, it will all work out, there will be some good, etc...

When new players come along, they tend to spot these long running problems and bring them up. They occasionally act like they're the first ones who noticed them, and the rest of us are idiots and fools for not noticing.

We act very jaded about that. We KNOW the problems, we fought them, we failed.

We tend to warn the new players, in very snarky ways admittedly, to give up in order to save their own sanity, that the fight is pointless. It is already lost

No, its not especially nice, and yes, IT IS BAD. The way we behave towards new players bringing up old issues is bad (though I seriously recommend anyone bring up a long running issue in the forums to do some research on the issue) is bad, and the way those issues are caused is bad.

End of the day, you have three choices.

1. Stay and fight, accepting that you may be ridiculed and eventually devolve into a bitter, jaded player like the rest of us.

2. Accept things are what they are, enjoy the game for what is is, and maybe devolve into a bitter, jaded player like the rest of us.

3. Leave the game and find something better. You're new, you aren't yet a victim of the sunken cost fallacy, you have nothing keeping you here, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

The choice is yours.

• Thanks 1

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles
19 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I never said you should like this. Its just... well trodden.

WG often do things we are not happy with. We comment, discuss, argue, not just here, but on reddit and across the forums on other servers. People make videos... etc...

Sometimes WG gets the message and makes changes, other time... often, they ignore us and things go on as normal.

So these same issues continue to be brought up by players. The same discussions, the same arguments, the same outrage, followed by the same disappointment when WG continues to do nothing.

Veterans of this forum have tendency to just, give up. We still agree in essence, but feel the fuss is pointless. To save ourselves, we often convince that it won't be that bad, everything will be ok, it will all work out, there will be some good, etc...

When new players come along, they tend to spot these long running problems and bring them up. They occasionally act like they're the first ones who noticed them, and the rest of us are idiots and fools for not noticing.

We act very jaded about that. We KNOW the problems, we fought them, we failed.

We tend to warn the new players, in very snarky ways admittedly, to give up in order to save their own sanity, that the fight is pointless. It is already lost

No, its not especially nice, and yes, IT IS BAD. The way we behave towards new players bringing up old issues is bad (though I seriously recommend anyone bring up a long running issue in the forums to do some research on the issue) is bad, and the way those issues are caused is bad.

End of the day, you have three choices.

1. Stay and fight, accepting that you may be ridiculed and eventually devolve into a bitter, jaded player like the rest of us.

2. Accept things are what they are, enjoy the game for what is is, and maybe devolve into a bitter, jaded player like the rest of us.

3. Leave the game and find something better. You're new, you aren't yet a victim of the sunken cost fallacy, you have nothing keeping you here, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

The choice is yours.

I can't express strongly enough how accurate and correct this post is...

Basically the folks in this forum act more like adults and less like angry tweens when compared to other forums or reddit.

It's not that opinions significantly differ all that much It's just we're all very resistant to floupie hyperbole.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[-FUN-]
464 posts
7,668 battles
On 12/23/2020 at 3:55 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

I'm most definetely victim of this.. spent an equivalent of nearly 400 USD (which is low by standards of some of the folks here, I know), nearly 6 months of premium time remaining, so although I have been eyeing other games (Cyberpunk etc), I feel remorse If I left to play other game before the premium time ends hahaha :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by zergling_

[-FUN-]
464 posts
7,668 battles
On 12/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, Saturnslayer said:

Imagine being in an South East Asian country and this game demands 6 months salary for a single ship holy shit lmao

You could probably buy pure gold in SEA and it would be cheaper than premium ships in this game.

Also true for some other useless hobbies.

But those in SEA as you described should know better to stay away from them.

Why shoudn't they do the same with WOWS?

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
4 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

Also true for some other useless hobbies.

But those in SEA as you described should know better to stay away from them.

Why shoudn't they do the same with WOWS?

When I read that I was like: "You must have an absolutely, incredibly, extraordinarily sh*tty job to be able to buy a ship in this game for 6 month salary"

If a person has that kind of salary then he/she should be concerned with other things than a goddam video game.

[CLAY]
2,957 posts
13,271 battles
15 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

When I read that I was like: "You must have an absolutely, incredibly, extraordinarily sh*tty job to be able to buy a ship in this game for 6 month salary"

If a person has that kind of salary then he/she should be concerned with other things than a goddam video game.

Yeah, it should be quite obvious that this game is catered to the more well off countries and people. Like most computer games.

That said, addictions do exist. People who are not well off will gamble their hard earned money away.

Anyone who is against the expense of computer games based on the fact they are too expensive for people with no money must also be against gambling. Which is fine, but maybe go onto all those online gambling sites and complain there.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, it should be quite obvious that this game is catered to the more well off countries and people. Like most computer games.

That said, addictions do exist. People who are not well off will gamble their hard earned money away.

Anyone who is against the expense of computer games based on the fact they are too expensive for people with no money must also be against gambling. Which is fine, but maybe go onto all those online gambling sites and complain there.:Smile_trollface:

The amount I've spent over the years on booz, ciggies and the bachelor party life prior to quitting all of the above and settling down...

My video games expenses will never remotely compete...

Except maybe once I'm about 60-70 and have invested in a retirement cybernetic body

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

The amount I've spent over the years on booz, ciggies and the bachelor party life prior to quitting all of the above and settling down...

What does a Rum and Coke cost over the bar these days?

30 mins later its down the drain.

What does a single Mega Satan Container cost? About the same?

Strong chance its camos that 5 games later are down the drain.

Small chance a ship that lasts "forever".

What does Rum and Coke give you a small chance of?

STD?

A fight?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,739 posts
8,238 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

What does Rum and Coke give you a small chance of?

I'll tell you later.

IMG_5926.jpg

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this