You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
iDd_Sloth

Hizen Starter bundles

17 comments in this topic

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
139 posts
17,143 battles

Do I have to choose on either one or could I get them both(10+4 head start)?

[O7]
170 posts
17,526 battles

shot-20_12.22_12.40_12-0773.thumb.jpg.2be89dd692fe2f1f15b5828caddf195f.jpg

Am I correct in my interpretation that this is just paying for 4 phases upfront instead of at the end.  Paying for the first four phases and then completing the other 22 phases with missions. 

Meaning that the ship will cost only $5000 gold instead of $7800 gold (4 x 1950)

Sooo...,   as I have the Yahagi and I will get 4000 gold for stage 15, the Hizen will only cost me 1000 gold.  And a bucket load of time and signals of course.

I completed the last two Dockyards and I am confident I can complete this one.

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
139 posts
17,143 battles
5 hours ago, lunsmann said:

You can get both.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

10 should be enough. The missions are not hard, you can brute force your way thru with co op.

That is my intention.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,596 posts
5,572 battles

Buyer beware, the Puerto Rico was a disaster, and the Anchorage is hot pile of garbage.

I think, THINK WG even secretly removed the 8kms firing in smoke detected penalty they TRIED to introduce on the Anchorage, because it made it SO SHIT TO PLAY.

AND IT'S STILL BAD.

REALLY BAD.

40 posts
14,776 battles
14 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Do I have to choose on either one or could I get them both(10+4 head start)? 

I think you can get just on pack. Because they said the starter pack can only be obtained until the first 4 staged is completed. I saw them yesterday in the dockyard tab.

Maybe I missed the maximum of completed stages to get the pack, you can double check the information above in dockyard tab.

[O7]
170 posts
17,526 battles
6 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow_95 said:

I think you can get just on pack. Because they said the starter pack can only be obtained until the first 4 staged is completed. I saw them yesterday in the dockyard tab.

Maybe I missed the maximum of completed stages to get the pack, you can double check the information above in dockyard tab.

I thought the 4 stage start up pack could only be obtained before anything was started.  Hence the name start up.  Before any play.

Edited by Jayde2405

40 posts
14,776 battles
Just now, Jayde2405 said:

I thought the 4 stage start up pack count only be obtained before anything was started.  Hence the name start up.  Before any play.

Yesterday I completed a stage by mission and the packs was still available. You can still buy them until your fourth stage is completed.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
4 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Buyer beware, the Puerto Rico was a disaster, and the Anchorage is hot pile of garbage.

I think, THINK WG even secretly removed the 8kms firing in smoke detected penalty they TRIED to introduce on the Anchorage, because it made it SO SHIT TO PLAY.

AND IT'S STILL BAD.

Actually PR is a good ship... So good that she was used in certain CB compositions at one point.

And Anchorage is ok... Not overly strong but no smoke Cruiser is that weak... But yeah, I don't find her a lot of fun either and she gets blatted easily.

Still - she has smoke and pretty good HE...

And what are you on about with Anchorage smoke firing penalty?

It is 8km, and that is based primarily on gun calibre with some variation among ships. That has been the way it works since the smoke firing rework years ago.

Other T8 CAs have between 6.7km and 8.7km...

So not sure what's wrong with Anchorage's 8km?

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles

Is it 4 complete and locked in, rewards claimed, Or just 4 you could get?

In other words do I need to make a decision early next week or not?

[FORCE]
Modder
2,679 posts
12,931 battles
8 minutes ago, CarvinMarvin said:

Is it 4 complete and locked in, rewards claimed, Or just 4 you could get?

In other words do I need to make a decision early next week or not?

It gives the additional 4 complete phases. WG has stated that everyone can complete only up to 20 phases for free. And this is where the bundle kicks in, because the directives do not cover the entire shipbuilding phases.

You still have to open the dockyard & claim the rewards manually though.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
139 posts
17,143 battles

I see some Hizen in play.

So you can buy the 2 boosters and finished it up with the 2K dubs per stage RIGHT NOW?

I thought this feature was still locked?

[4RSE]
362 posts
8,908 battles
11 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

I see some Hizen in play.

So you can buy the 2 boosters and finished it up with the 2K dubs per stage RIGHT NOW?

I thought this feature was still locked?

Nah, the ability to buy outright kicks in as soon as you have bought both starters. I just used the gold I had left over from the black friday boxes and the santa crates. No extra $ spent at all. Hizen is like Izumo - lots of overpens and hits like a truck when the shell sticks.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,596 posts
5,572 battles
18 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Actually PR is a good ship... So good that she was used in certain CB compositions at one point.

And Anchorage is ok... Not overly strong but no smoke Cruiser is that weak... But yeah, I don't find her a lot of fun either and she gets blatted easily.

Still - she has smoke and pretty good HE...

And what are you on about with Anchorage smoke firing penalty?

It is 8km, and that is based primarily on gun calibre with some variation among ships. That has been the way it works since the smoke firing rework years ago.

Other T8 CAs have between 6.7km and 8.7km...

So not sure what's wrong with Anchorage's 8km?

Just saying PR was a disaster event, not the ship itself.

When i first got Anchorage, every single time I popped smoke and then fired on enemy I would be instantly spotted, as I had to get to 15kms range or closer to be able to hit anything, of course this meant the moment I fired my guns, I was spotted usually by a dd.

This occured not once or twice...BUT 30 GAMES IN A ROW. So with that data, I considered the ship too difficult to play with.

I played the ship to 40 battles, then discarded it in port. The last 10 games I gave up on using smoke as a viable aggressive tactic, except for fleeing, which I used it a lot.

I have since pulled it out on occasion, to find I now pop smoke and don't get spotted, like some kind of magik. My firing range is the same, 15kms, my enemies are the same, still very powerful and professional players, hardly miss a shot, expert map positioning etc.

Considering the earlier data collected, I figured something must have been changed.

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles
2 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Just saying PR was a disaster event, not the ship itself.

When i first got Anchorage, every single time I popped smoke and then fired on enemy I would be instantly spotted, as I had to get to 15kms range or closer to be able to hit anything, of course this meant the moment I fired my guns, I was spotted usually by a dd.

This occured not once or twice...BUT 30 GAMES IN A ROW. So with that data, I considered the ship too difficult to play with.

I played the ship to 40 battles, then discarded it in port. The last 10 games I gave up on using smoke as a viable aggressive tactic, except for fleeing, which I used it a lot.

I have since pulled it out on occasion, to find I now pop smoke and don't get spotted, like some kind of magik. My firing range is the same, 15kms, my enemies are the same, still very powerful and professional players, hardly miss a shot, expert map positioning etc.

Considering the earlier data collected, I figured something must have been changed.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

My suggestion is to take spotter plane instead of hydro and use your common sense to predict torpedoes. Honestly she needs the extra range.

100% get your issue, she is not a forgiving ship to play.

I play her a lot like a big chonky Perth just at T8...

I use smoke generously for allies and myself and don't sit in it all day but when I know it's safe to do so (basically using it to farm BBs when I know the enemy DD can't get close). Then make sure my spotter can be used between some smokes so I can long-range gunboat. I don't rush to use my next smoke, instead relying more on Spotter...

I reckon she'd be a LOT better if players could take both Spotter and Hydro.

(Edit: I'm not that great with her but started having a few games that worked when I made the change... After that I moved on to other ships)

Edited by S4pp3R

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,596 posts
5,572 battles

Yeah once I got the hot tip about spotter plane i started averaging a solid 40k dmg per battle, pretty reliably.

I try to jump into dd smoke if someone has been teamwork ish enough to pop some.

Anchorage is extremely stingy in the consumables too, 2 smoke and 2 spotters. that's it.

Hate being forced to take a supernintendo.