Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amnesia98

Feedback Thread for Update 0.9.12

Feedback Thread for Update 0.9.12  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy 0.9.12 update overall?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like it
    • I don't like it at all
  2. 2. Did you like Kure Dockyard?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  3. 3. Did you like Snowflakes?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  4. 4. Did you like New Year Campaigns?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  5. 5. Did you like Updates to the Ranked Battles System?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  6. 6. Did you like Other change and improvement?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all

7 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
131 posts
2,095 battles

Hello commanders,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

● Kure Dockyard
● Snowflakes: Battle Performance Bonuses
● New Year Campaigns
● Updates to the Ranked Battles System
● Other change and improvement

Please check the details here: https://worldofwarships.asia/news/?category=game-updates

If you encounter any bugs, please comment here.

[151ST]
3,003 posts
11,069 battles

Campaigns are great but having one of them behind Strasbourg is very annoying...

Having said that, being able to grind out a decent T7 prem is awesome.

Ranked being always on and always needing a grind is bad IMO.

Most people get annoyed at ranked in a fairly short time, I honestly thknk that given time the number of people playing it will drop off and it will become a pretty average time...

Randoms struggles to populate games with at-tier ships, so the solution is to permanently remove a chunk of them?

I'm just not a fan of it but for a small chunk of the population the new ranked system will probably be a good thing.

Snowflakes - sigh... I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm 99% sure that I'm getting less than half the steel I've had in other years despite having far more ships... :-@

[CLAY]
3,007 posts
13,344 battles

So... I play ranked (and WoWS in general) to collect, in this case, the commemorative flag.

Was it intentional to make it harder to get the flag by putting it at the end of Bronze league? This includes a quite difficult ‘4 win in a row’ leg. Previously it was awarded at rank 15, which I think may have had 2 wins in a row at maximum.

I have spent nearly all day going, 2 wins, 2 losses, etc...

Its gone from a ‘participation’ reward to a ‘qualification’ reward. Which, as a mediocre player who’s a collector, I find quite distressing.

However, I would probably have given up on ranked once I earned it, so you’ve kept an additional player in the playing pool. For now, but if I end this week without it, you will be unlikely to see me in ranked again.

• Cool 1

34 posts
1,634 battles

Campaigns are pretty good and Snowflakes are pretty good, but I think rank battle in the sliver and gold league just have too little reward.

I mean, why don't I just stay in the bronze league and get stabilized steel. The higher level requires more battles, but the reward doesn't get any significant improvement, so why don't I just stay in the bronze level and play a small number of fields to get steady steel?

And it might be too fast to do a weekly remake, maybe 10 days or more would make more sense, not 1 week.

2 posts
1,536 battles

I enjoy the game, but I only have 9 months experience although I play almost every day, so my feedback is from a relatively new semi-casual player.

The game gets stuck waiting the majority of times I try to access the dockyard / armory. The dockyard sure looks pretty, though :)

I hate that it is necessary to buy any stages of the dockyard projects. Let buyout be an option, not a requirement.

The time-limited campaigns are interesting, but a slow grind. I know there are harder / slower campaigns, but it takes me a couple of days to even finish stage one, even after every day playing almost all my ships between Tier 4 and 10 (+ repeated use of my T8 and T10 BBs), and using 3 campaign slots (premium time). That's an average of 2-3 hours every day. Players with more experience and a wider range of ships will, of course, complete the campaigns much faster than me. I don't argue that they should be easily and quickly completed, but with 14 days to go, I think I will just be able to finish the first campaign (pursuit) and won't be able to finish the 2nd campaign (fate). So maybe longer deadlines?    

[-CAT-]
2,788 posts
12,360 battles

Snowflakes

My only disappointment here is that the crates are still rigged. Players are guaranteed to get Makarov instead of random ships.

I wished that this rigged function was fixed before 0.9.12 was released.

Other than that, snowflakes are great.

Good job WG. 👍

Campaign

Compared to Prinz Eitel Friedrich campaign, this year's Starasbourg campaign is better and done right.

Another good job WG. 👍

Updated Ranked

There is no such thing as the best loser. Remove save a star mechanic for losing team.

Silver league could use one more irrevocable status in Silver Rank 3.

Dockyard 2.2 (Haizen)

Good:

Premium ship or ships during build phase is good.

Same with Dockyard 2.0 (Odin) where players got Graf Spee during build phase, but not present on Dockyard 2.1 (Anchorage).

Discrimination:

Still continue to discriminate F2P players from P2A players by giving them Research Points even if they have not yet unlock the Research Bureau (5 tier 10 ships).

Even with numerous feedbacks, we do not like how you (WG) did not rework the research bureau. You (WG) only renamed it to research bureau.

It is not popular. Why else would you give away the resource if it is "popular".

Bad:

I don't like how you (WG) suddenly increased the price of dockyard per phase.

From 1,750 doubloons to 1,950 doubloons.

I don't mind the increase of phase of the increased tier, but not the increase in price per phase.

Either,

Increase price but not phase. (1,950 doubloon per phase but 20 phases.)

Or,

Increase phase but not price. (26 phases but 1,750 doubloons per phase.)

Not both!

And no. We do not accept nor treat this an apology for the Puerto Rico fiasco and Lesta CEO's unprofessional response toward the playerbase / community during that fiasco.

Naval Training Center / Research Bureau

Again like what I have said in the previous feedback, I have no problem against WG / Lesta updating the Unique Upgrades.

The main problem or the core of the problem lies in how Naval Training Center / Research Bureau mechanic is implemented.

And now, also adding the discrimination practice on who is only able to collect research points in combat missions.

The Re-grind:

Again and again, you (WG) said that you will re-work the NTC, instead, you (WG) only renamed it. There is a huge difference between the words re-work and re-name.

And now, by putting the Unique Upgrade into the mechanic, it now, thus, complete the developer's and / or manager's original NTC concept by putting a buff on a ship by reset.

Even if you (WG) put the resource in daily challenge missions, the core mechanic is still the same. No matter how you change the words or spin the story.

The scam:

Once you agreed to reset your hard earned tech tree lines, WG will sell all those ships and compensate you 50% of it's original price.

Once the line has been resetted, you will start the regrind from T1, while RP tokens starts at T5. Another 50% scam.

And finally, to acquire the RP tokens, you only need to play the re-grinded ship once (snowflake mechanic). Once RP token is acquired, you still need to play through the entire tier to get to the next tier and next RP token. That's only 1% return over your investment.

The whole thing is a scam.

Play Low Tier (Tier 2 to Tier 4):

And what is the point of populating low tier now since you (WG) have fixed the problem in this patch (0.9.6).

Play Low Tier. HA!

The Unpopular and Discrimination:

Giving away Research Points in "Daily Challenge" is nice, but it still does not make unpopular Naval Training Center (Research Bureau) popular now.

The developer and manager who made and approved this, still failed to face the fact that, players require to unlock five tier 10 ships in order for them to gain access to both the mechanic and the resource.

Not fully realizing that only players who has been playing for a long time can access this while new players are left out.

Don't they know how long it takes to play through T7 to T10?

I have said it before and I'll say it again, What looks good on Call of Duty, doesn't mean it will also look good on World of Warships.

It's as if the developers or their managers don't know the product they own or sell, let alone play the product they own or sell, and just copy, paste, & approve ideas from other game developers.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[ASALT]
4 posts
4,706 battles

I am quite liking the game thus far my only complaint is the match maker is constantly place T6 ships up against T8 ships. This used to happen a lot in World of Tanks till they fixed it. I pay my subscriptions and do spend a little money in this game which I do not mind, but I should be able to expect a fair and decent match. No one enjoys being one shot because they are so far below the other ship in Tier.

Screenshot_1.png

Sign in to follow this