You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
gabrielangelos1

Enterprise next on sale

18 comments in this topic

7 posts
90 battles

Hi guys new player here

So i was browsing the forums and was looking for any information on enterprise going on sale and the last post about it was from a few years back when it was removed.

has it gone on sale since then or do i have to gamble for it in Santa crates?

P.S. if i get it I'm not actually gonna play it till i get an equivalent tier aircraft carrier cause i don't wanna ruin it for any of you i just want it in my port cause i think its cool and if its rare i don't wanna miss out

[WWS]
338 posts
4,464 battles
1 minute ago, gabrielangelos1 said:

Hi guys new player here

So i was browsing the forums and was looking for any information on enterprise going on sale and the last post about it was from a few years back when it was removed.

has it gone on sale since then or do i have to gamble for it in Santa crates?

P.S. if i get it I'm not actually gonna play it till i get an equivalent tier aircraft carrier cause i don't wanna ruin it for any of you i just want it in my port cause i think its cool and if its rare i don't wanna miss out

Don't gamble. The chance of you getting Enterprise is slim to none since you're going to have to go through the shortlist first then the rest of the premiums and there's a lot of premiums ships.

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles
2 minutes ago, gabrielangelos1 said:

i know not to gamble but has she gone on sale at all since she was removed from normal purchase

no, there's a reason it's called "removed from sale"

7 posts
90 battles

ok thanks.

i just thought since in WOT sometimes tanks that are removed from sale (e25 as an example) come back once a year for a hefty sum

Edited by gabrielangelos1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,455 battles

Trust me, I've been trying to get Enterprise for 3 christmas gambles, and hundreds of dollars.

You can't get it.

You can't get ANY of the rare ships, unless you are willing to spend approximately $3000 AUD on christmas loot boxes, and unlock all of the ships in the paywall first.

And guess who your enemy cv is going to be in ranked battles????!.

YEAH THANKS WG.

Unbalanced, broken already and ranked hasn't even started!.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,394 posts
11,293 battles
8 minutes ago, gabrielangelos1 said:

i know not to gamble but has she gone on sale at all since she was removed from normal purchase

They don't put removed ships back on sale.  It hasn't happened yet, it's unlikely to happen again.  The only time they've come close is when they put the JB Black version recently.

Enterprise almost certainly won't be coming back.  The chances of getting her rely on crates, however for new players this is a terrible idea.  The way the santa crates work is that you have little to no chance to get the rare ships until you have the majority of the list, and that list sits at 107 ships.  We're talking thousands of dollars.  Do not attempt to get specific rare ships with santa crates if you don't have many of the ships on the list!  No ship is worth the amount of money you would have to spend.

Enterprise is okay.  I have it, I don't play it, as I much prefer Saipan (a ship that is still available), which I play quite often.  There are plenty of good ships available that aren't on the rare removed list.  Most of the rare list have actually been power crept into shadows of their former selves (not all though, GC is still stupid for example), but they remain unavailable for sale just to retain exclusivity.  Don't be caught up in this.

7 posts
90 battles

also i was reading another article saying that a change to bombs hit enterprise hard, is she still op or less so? i think that article was a few years ago tho so it could have changed since then

7 posts
90 battles

well if shes no longer op she might go back on sale at some point,even for just a week. if we look at the e25 it has had no changes done to it and is still put on sale even though its considered op. I'm sure if that if wargaming were to get enough requests for it she might go back on sale but that's a big if.

1,499 posts
6,628 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

not all though, GC is still stupid for example

May raise a question about this? As a relatively new player, I would like to know what exactly makes Giulio Casare so overpowered that she has to be removed?

Missouri breaks the in-game economy, Musashi brings 460-mm LOLpen and most of Yamato's advantages to T9, Kutuzov and Smolensk boast both smokescreen and HE with both comfortable ballistics and appreciable DPM, Belfast '59 has a combination of smokescreen, HE and radar at T7, Kamikaze represents how broken Minekaze has been, Gremyashchy has untouched (and overpowered) parameters in contrast to Anshan and Gnevny one tier higher, and Imperator Nikolai I boasts an extremely frustrating protection scheme for most lower-tier ships. Large cruisers are advantageous comparing with their regular tech tree counterparts, Thunderer is almost idiot-proof and highly effective and toxic and very popular thanks to being easily accessible...

In contrast, maybe the advantages of GC is somewhat more diverse and "subtle"?

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles
44 minutes ago, gabrielangelos1 said:

well if shes no longer op she might go back on sale at some point,even for just a week. if we look at the e25 it has had no changes done to it and is still put on sale even though its considered op. I'm sure if that if wargaming were to get enough requests for it she might go back on sale but that's a big if.

No, Enterprise is still OP and should be nerfed. They could have easily done it due to CV rework but of course they didn't. I hate that thing so much, can still do well in T10 matches. Thankfully you don't see them too often.

19 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

May raise a question about this? As a relatively new player, I would like to know what exactly makes Giulio Casare so overpowered that she has to be removed?

Missouri breaks the in-game economy

Incorrect, Missouri has radar, as a Battleship, basically countering it's classes primary weakness - DDs.

The credit earning potential isn't the issue with her, many T9s aren't far off her earning potential.

GC is a funny one, she's not the best in tier at a range of things but it's the sum of her parts.

She has 10 good guns with a lot of pen and a good turret config, on a fast hull that's reasonably tanky, particularly running away from the enemy and has good concealment and agility...

Her biggest 'OP' factor is her consistency more than anything. The players that do absurdly well in her often can do similar things in other strong T5 tech line BBs but it's slightly easier to do in GC slightly more frequently.

The other thing is she's a fast T5 premium BB... And people who play her are more likely to be good players stomping noobs...

Full disclsoure, my WR is over 70% and 75k ish average damage with her.

Yes I play other T5s.

Yes I own 18+ T10s.

GC is my cleanser, it washes away all my salt if I'm having a bad day with Warships.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,394 posts
11,293 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

In contrast, maybe the advantages of GC is somewhat more diverse and "subtle"?

GC is just good at everything.  Where other tier 5 BB's have distinct weaknesses, be they extreme slow speed or terrible gun angles or handling, or weak AP performance, GC just is the most comfortable ship to use you can imagine.  She has 10 accurate guns with a superb 1.9 sigma, a good armour scheme that is very strong when angled, amazing turret angles for a tier 5, an amazing 28.4 kts speed with flag, decent sub-12km concealment.  There is just no weakness and plenty of strengths.

I have an 82% win rate after 50 battles in her, with 85k average damage - in a tier 5!  She massively overperforms, and I think she's be close to the most OP ship for her tier in the game.

Compare it to the other rare ships - Missouri is an average ship at best, and was only really removed due to credit performance and general popularity at the time.  Kutuzov has long since been power crept, Belfast is good but only against bad players, and has also been power crept, Gremy is an absolute shadow of her former self (she used to be able to open water stealth fire at over 9.6km with a range of over 14km, plus she's been generally power crept), Smolly was more annoying than OP and has been nerfed into a genuinely poor ship, Kamikaze has been both power crept in general and hurt severely by the proliferation of CV's.  GC however is still as strong as ever...

[-FUN-]
464 posts
7,668 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

GC however is still as strong as ever...

Might change when sub arrived though

[LNA]
2,066 posts
14,755 battles

Your only chance might be buy a whaling mega packs that might be available during lunar new year. It cost an astounding 1000 usd to purchase if i'm not wrong.

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles
9 hours ago, zergling_ said:

Might change when sub arrived though

If you think this then you haven't played subs enough...

GC has 27+knot speed

T6 subs have 25 at best...