Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarvinMarvin

I didn't know WoWS was a harem story game.

13 comments in this topic

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles

There my Scharnie was, just out looking for some action. And all of a sudden there were cruisers everywhere.

2054400658_2020-12-18(2).thumb.png.402b75e5ad0e2e1f744137bc3c1171ea.png

• Funny 2

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

Harem, good.

Yuri harem, even better. Kind of.

2 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well, we're all sailing round collecting ship waifus.

I'd like to think that I'm collecting mental models... :Smile_trollface:

(because kanmusu concept ruins my immersion)

• Funny 2

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

So basically.... that one series that starts with K.

I mean the term has been patented that when the other series tried to use it, they got sued & forced to concede the use of that term.

• Cool 1

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
20 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I mean the term has been patented that when the other series tried to use it, they got sued & forced to concede the use of that term.

I watched one clip in the KC anime where Kongo punched a cannonball with her bare fist. And the cannonball got crushed.

Are they ships or are they female human? I mean, I'd... you know... you know... them regardless, but I'd rather have the girls, the tech AND the ships. Because ARP Takao is the waifu.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I watched one clip in the KC anime where Kongo punched a cannonball with her bare fist. And the cannonball got crushed.

Are they ships or are they female human? I mean, I'd... you know... you know... them regardless, but I'd rather have the girls, the tech AND the ships. Because ARP Takao is the waifu.

Well I'm not that well versed in KC lore.

But from what I know, they are ships in human-like bodies. I don't think they ever detach themselves from their ship equipment like what the ARP & AL characters do.

I mean the girls in KC are always shown floating on water (like Jesus) rather than standing on their ships like ARP Takao did when she took a warhead to the forehead.

So yeah KC is somehow the odd one in this "shipgirl" thing.

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
3 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well I'm not that well versed in KC lore.

But from what I know, they are ships in human-like bodies. I don't think they ever detach themselves from their ship equipment like what the ARP & AL characters do.

I mean the girls in KC are always shown floating on water (like Jesus) rather than standing on their ships like ARP Takao did when she took a warhead to the forehead.

So yeah KC is somehow the odd one in this "shipgirl" thing.

Basically, in ARP universe I get the girls -AND- the ships (important), but in KC/AL/WSG, I get only the girls... that are also the ships (?)

See why I have a preference for ARP?

[FORCE]
Modder
2,642 posts
12,839 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Basically, in ARP universe I get the girls -AND- the ships (important), but in KC/AL/WSG, I get only the girls... that are also the ships (?)

See why I have a preference for ARP?

Well in AL, the girls can separate themselves from their ships.

Spoiler

QE & Sheffield (the CL, not the sub) aboard QE's ship.

1012486624_QueenElizabeth(cutscene).thumb.jpg.66bceaf0a60fb23517353c4ce50274ed.jpg

No idea about WSG

1,499 posts
6,628 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Well, we're all sailing round collecting ship waifus.

Yes. I also do have a feeling that I have been also "collecting" warships from the 1900s to the 1950s (and occasionally bring them into combat). From famous and legendary ones, outstanding naval architecture masterpieces to unrealized projects and sometimes... erh, Wargaming's own imagination.

However there seems to exist a problem: so many of the historical, famous and even legendary ships are allocated to lower tiers.

9 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Harem, good.

Yuri harem, even better. Kind of.

I'd like to think that I'm collecting mental models... :Smile_trollface:

I do agree that the "mental model" concept also suits this game that revolves around warships better. Or even generally better overall.

6 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well in AL, the girls can separate themselves from their ships.

Reveal hidden contents

QE & Sheffield (the CL, not the sub) aboard QE's ship.imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

1012486624_QueenElizabeth(cutscene).thumb.jpg.66bceaf0a60fb23517353c4ce50274ed.jpg

No idea about WSG

Well... errh..

Spoiler

For the case of WsGR, there hasn't even been a proper and widely accepted official lore (the official storyline has been poorly received by the playerbase). And perhaps much of the playerbase just does not care about this.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this