Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Raikii

What do I do with this guy?

11 comments in this topic

[NAU2]
9 posts

I ran into this lad during a battle just a while ago. He berates me for being a bad player... even though the damage I did was more than double the maximum damage he’s ever done. I did 162k (admittedly not too much) in Yamato whilst he does 0 in Musashi and he’s determined to think he’s better than me (his maximum damage so far is 71k). Hasn’t stopped swearing in DMs and telling me I’m a pedo, that cancer is making me stupid (typical triggered 12 year old stuff). Is this worth reporting or should I just ignore? I don’t have much experience with such players, but he doesn’t have the logic or the mind for me to reason with him about things. (Note to moderators: I hope this isn’t considered naming and shaming but if it is, I’ll censor the name, thanks).

Raikii

IMG_8274.thumb.jpg.68f6022a5705a1491264382fe9706b47.jpg

Edited by _Raikii

[REPOI]
271 posts
13,031 battles

First of all when you do meet such players, ignore them. Don't take the bait and start replying to them. Let them waste their time.
Your best bet is to just ignore "it". If reporting does make you feel better, go ahead and report to CS with the required screenshots.

On a side note, just a heads up. Some snowflake, triggered player, or a mod might call you out for quote on quote statshaming because you showed that players stats.
For me, I could care less about it as I am somewhat of a statshamer myself and this is just a heads up for you. @_Raikii

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[NAU2]
9 posts

@HoChunHao

Haha thanks for the heads up. I did have that concern in mind, but in all seriousness this is not intended to be stat-shaming (although it looks like it).

hhhhhhhh this is totally stat shaming

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,739 posts
8,238 battles

If you have a copy of the chats or the replay then forward it to support.   We don't need people like that in the game.

• Cool 3

5,143 posts
9,109 battles

When I meet people like that in game, I almost always respond as snarkily as possible, or just ignore them.

If they message me while I'm in port, I close the chat window immediately if it's a salty message.

Btw, "Cool" is my most favorite response. It's always fun to see them flip out by my indifferent replies.

"Hey Palad / [the name of the ship I am/was playing here], [enter salty message here]"

Me: "Cool"

If they continue, it will just be me sending "Cool".

Yes I am a horrible person, entertaining myself while they get more and more salty.

• Cool 1

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

When I meet people like that in game, I almost always respond as snarkily as possible, or just ignore them.

If they message me while I'm in port, I close the chat window immediately if it's a salty message.

Btw, "Cool" is my most favorite response. It's always fun to see them flip out by my indifferent replies.

"Hey Palad / [the name of the ship I am/was playing here], [enter salty message here]"

Me: "Cool"

If they continue, it will just be me sending "Cool".

Yes I am a horrible person, entertaining myself while they get more and more salty.

I used to work for a bank dealing with credit card chargebacks. It was amazing just how much swearing you could provoke just by staying calm.

• Funny 3

[REPOI]
6,719 posts
27,077 battles
2 hours ago, _Raikii said:

I ran into this lad during a battle just a while ago. He berates me for being a bad player... even though the damage I did was more than double the maximum damage he’s ever done. I did 162k (admittedly not too much) in Yamato whilst he does 0 in Musashi and he’s determined to think he’s better than me (his maximum damage so far is 71k). Hasn’t stopped swearing in DMs and telling me I’m a pedo, that cancer is making me stupid (typical triggered 12 year old stuff). Is this worth reporting or should I just ignore? I don’t have much experience with such players, but he doesn’t have the logic or the mind for me to reason with him about things. (Note to moderators: I hope this isn’t considered naming and shaming but if it is, I’ll censor the name, thanks).

Raikii

1. name and shame isnt allowed here, so you might want to censor his name

2. snark a bit back, make sure he's extra tilted, and then blacklist him for maximum maymays

[NAU2]
9 posts

Thanks all for the responses.

I’ve censored the name now. My original response was ‘alright buddy’. I thought it worked quite well but then I came back from a battle with 50 messages from our good lad. He’s not very bright and he has some rather absurd ideas. Blocked him now because I don’t really want to cause myself or him more trouble. Perhaps he just had a bad day.

5,143 posts
9,109 battles
1 hour ago, CarvinMarvin said:

I used to work for a bank dealing with credit card chargebacks. It was amazing just how much swearing you could provoke just by staying calm.

I mean, whatever your response is, an already mad person would continue to be mad anyway.

Funnily enough, WoWS is the thing that gave me the most angry moments. Other times when I'm very angry, it's isn't about WoWS or I'm not home to even play the game, so I can't express my anger in the game.

I consider myself a rather tolerant person toward online toxicity (or in life in general), and I'm pretty damn quick to "detox" myself, so I wouldn't be spreading my salt easily. Only things that make me incredibly angry can make me angry.

Online anonymity is one heck of a superpower.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this