Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

ST 0.9.12, balance changes and changes to test ships, removal of Somers.

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,407
[-CAT-]
Member
2,788 posts
12,360 battles

ST 0.9.12, balance changes and changes to test ships, removal of Somers.

Balance changes of ships and removal of X Somers in update 0.10.2

 

Starting from 0.10.2 X Somers will become unavailable to obtain from the Armory for an undefined period of time. She will be replaced with another American ship - Tier X cruiser Austin. 

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer X Somers into their Ports before Update 0.10.2 goes live in approximately three months.

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary.

VIII Kansas:

  • Sigma parameter was increased from 1.6 to 1.7;
  • Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 3.5%.

IX Minnesota:

  • Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 4%.

VIII Tallinn:

  • Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 12.5%.

VIII Admiral Hipper:

  • Main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 11 s.

IV Hōshō:

  • The number of torpedo bombers in a squadron lowered from 6 to 5;
  • The size of an attacking torpedo bomber flight lowered from 2 to 1;
  • The number of torpedo bombers on the deck lowered from 9 to 8;
  • Torpedo bombers restoration time increased from 59 to 71 s;
  • Maximum torpedo damage increased from 5,400 to 5,800.

IV Langley:

  • Maximum torpedo damage lowered from 4,233 to 3,500;
  • The chance to cause flooding on torpedo hit reduced from 33% to 30%.

X Manfred von Richthofen:

  • Increased the area of dive bombers' aiming ellipse;

phpJbhlaH

  • Fixed an error that resulted in excessive slowdown when engine boost was used. The value is brought to standard.

VIII Implacable:

  • Maximum bomb damage increased from 5,300 to 5,600;
  • Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 30% to 32%.

X Audacious:

  • Number of rockets on standard attack aircraft reduced from 12 to 10;
  • Number of rockets on researchable attack aircraft reduced from 14 to 12;
  • Maximum bomb damage increased from 6,000 to 6,400;
  • Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 35% to 36%.

We adjusted the parameters of the following ships based on testing results.

VIII Fen Yang:

  • Main battery reload time increased from 4.5 to 5.2 s;
  • Changed parameters of AP shells:
    • Maximum damage increased from 1,700 to 1,900
    • The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells increased from 45 to 60 degrees;
    • Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells increased from 60 to 67.5 degrees.

New AP shells settings will allow for a more effective interaction with destroyers and cruisers when HE shells can't pierce their armor.

IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour:

  • AP shells maximum damage lowered from 8,560 to 8,100;
  • Armor penetration of AP shells lowered by roughly 20%.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

 


Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/106

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,407
[-CAT-]
Member
2,788 posts
12,360 battles

Kansas sigma is being buffed back to almost pre-nerf level.

Good. good.

Just add 0.1 more........

 

Remember, Fen Yang penetration is nerfed to 17 mm. Not the same as Akizuki (Duckie) penetration.

So unless the penetration is buffed to duckie level, she is not a going to be a fun ship to play.

Adding insult to injury she is equiped with Asaship deep water torpedo, so she can not hit both destroyer and cruiser.

 

Pen Nerf:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/99

Ship Intro:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/90

 

Adding @mademoisail for feedback collection.

As always, much obliged for the help. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by S0und_Theif
Adding sail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,504 posts
6,696 battles
14 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

VIII Kansas:

  • Sigma parameter was increased from 1.6 to 1.7;

So in the end she managed to regain her "original" accuracy setting after about three and a half monthes (from August 27th to December 14th).

Also buff to AP penetration is welcome.

14 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

VIII Tallinn:

  • Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 12.5%.

I don't think what she lacks, or what makes her not fun to play is "lack of AP penetration". Though buffes are always welcome for underperforming ships IMO.

14 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

VIII Admiral Hipper:

  • Main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 11 s.

@Earl_of_Arland! ! !

Finally some love for "the poster child of the sorry, power-crept state of German cruisers". (Thanks @Rina_Pon for summarizing the description).

11 seconds... Roon and Charles Martel... hmmmm...

Roon's reload time is 10.5s now unmodified with 9 barrels, however she has access to the 6th upgrade slot. Even though it may be a bit risky, MBM3 build still works for a T9 ship with 17.8-km range unbuffed.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,504 posts
6,696 battles
17 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

IV Hōshō:

  • The number of torpedo bombers in a squadron lowered from 6 to 5;
  • The size of an attacking torpedo bomber flight lowered from 2 to 1;

Back to the earlier days after the CV Rework? One torpedo per drop...

9 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Remember, Fen Yang penetration is nerfed to 17 mm. Not the same as Akizuki (Duckie) penetration.

So unless the penetration is buffed to duckie level, she is not a going to be a fun ship to play.

Adding insult to injury she is equiped with Asaship deep water torpedo, so she can not hit both destroyer and cruiser.

I think maybe WG is intended to make her different from an Akizuki slapped with Asashio torps as well as the Pan-Asian flag. Like how Tallinn is different with her half-sisters (Hipper and Donskoi) perhaps. So they took away her supercharged HE ("French Battleship Melters") and give her British-flavored AP shells.

Like, perhaps, how HE and SAP divide the gun damage output of Paolo Emilio?

Also how her improved ricochet angles may work (not considering fuse time issues)...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/230375-premium-ship-review-z-44/?do=findComment&comment=5292594

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[SMOKE]
Member
2,218 posts
17,136 battles

I really really doubt Fen Yang good for anything at all ... every bit of change since inception of this boat is to discourage any use of the guns , and yet it was give a set of torp that's at best limited ... and we are talking a tier that is so competitive and so demanding , the buff to AP shell IMHO is consolation at best , with the lousy maneuvering this boat had , fellow DD can dance around her and her reload is simply unable to keep up ( and yet the HE will not pen even like peer and many under tier ). She cannot even hope to match Akizuki which is just as slow, and just as clumsy but actually had sets of guns that WORK. 

Look at it this way, 12KM torp at 122 sec reload, 5.2 sec reload on guns, does that sound a bit familiar, yes its almost the same as Yugumo and while Yugumo had a worse reload ( by 0.5 sec ), its guns at least can deal with like tier peers if asked for & its got 2 set of torp vs only one and Yugumo's torp do hit all kind of ships and reload faster ( by 8 sec ). And any self respect Yugumo player will refrain from even putting her into position that require the use of guns upon knife fight.

Yeah its T8 , not T9 but we all know how tough it is these days for high tier DD and a DD that's handicapped in so many areas is not going to go well with any player at all , WG is making that 12KM deep water torp a bit too expensive , at the price of every other performance the DD need to had

Edited by Mechfori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,407
[-CAT-]
Member
2,788 posts
12,360 battles
39 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

So in the end she managed to regain her "original" accuracy setting after about three and a half monthes (from August 27th to December 14th).

Also buff to AP penetration is welcome.

Yes, yes!

Whoever made the Kansas sigma nerf, should not work in the balance department.

Clearly does not know the ships capability & weaknesses, and nerfed the wrong things.

 

41 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I don't think what she lacks, or what makes her not fun to play is "lack of AP penetration". Though buffes are always welcome for underperforming ships IMO.

She can now hold up against enemy ship fire and can now punish her enemies with her "medium" caliber guns.

 

Looks like this "half - sister" is being treated better in Russia than in Germany, but she does lose her "almost" invincible citadel.

 

31 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I think maybe WG is intended to make her different from an Akizuki slapped with Asashio torps as well as the Pan-Asian flag. Like how Tallinn is different with her half-sisters (Hipper and Donskoi) perhaps. So they took away her supercharged HE ("French Battleship Melters") and give her British-flavored AP shells.

Like, perhaps, how HE and SAP divide the gun damage output of Paolo Emilio?

Also how her improved ricochet angles may work (not considering fuse time issues)...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/230375-premium-ship-review-z-44/?do=findComment&comment=5292594

What I am concered is that I can not fight against 2 classes of shps instead of 1.

Mainly against destroyers and cruisers. I can let it go if the ship can not fight against one class of ships, but two classes? :cap_fainting:

 

She is still in testing phase, but I fear that WG will rush her for the Lunar new year event and may come out broken.

Not to mention that WG gave her a "Garuda" camo instead of the camo from Anshan and /or Loyang, WG is now getting the geography wrong. :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[LGND]
Member
543 posts
13,029 battles

USN BB Vermont line sigma buff is welcome....
Now They Just Need USN BB Heal level and fast Reload Damecon like Ohio to make them more survive in Battle....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,005
[TLS]
Member
4,371 posts
20,673 battles
9 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Clearly does not know the ships capability & weaknesses, and nerfed the wrong things.

Nyet comrade! Spreadshits is korek! Follow the spreadshits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,788
Member
5,169 posts
9,121 battles

Still not 1.0.0. 😐

 

> "wider reticule"

> still fits the planform of most ships snuggly

I would rather take an AP bomb damage nerf, thank you very much.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,076
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,402 posts
11,339 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Still not 1.0.0. 😐

 

> "wider reticule"

> still fits the planform of most ships snuggly

I would rather take an AP bomb damage nerf, thank you very much.

This is a pretty big nerf, looks like the area of the new drop will be about double the previous area.  That's going to fairly massively hit your damage consistency.  This is especially so against cruisers, where you would reliably get 2-3 citadels on a perfect drop on a cruiser, you'll probably be looking at very unreliable citadels against them, with quite a lot of the reticle when perfectly aimed being on the water.

It's a much bigger nerf than I expected, I was thinking they might do something like a 20% damage nerf, maybe a nerf to aiming speed while maneuvering in the drop, but this is a fair bit worse than that.  Not that I'm saying the MVR doesn't need this  - the AP DB's clearly need a nerf, and were always going to get one in December or January.  It's just surprising they decided to go with something so brutal straight up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[AN-DO]
Member
706 posts
10,392 battles
19 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

This is a pretty big nerf, looks like the area of the new drop will be about double the previous area.  That's going to fairly massively hit your damage consistency.  This is especially so against cruisers, where you would reliably get 2-3 citadels on a perfect drop on a cruiser, you'll probably be looking at very unreliable citadels against them, with quite a lot of the reticle when perfectly aimed being on the water.

It's a much bigger nerf than I expected, I was thinking they might do something like a 20% damage nerf, maybe a nerf to aiming speed while maneuvering in the drop, but this is a fair bit worse than that.  Not that I'm saying the MVR doesn't need this  - the AP DB's clearly need a nerf, and were always going to get one in December or January.  It's just surprising they decided to go with something so brutal straight up.

I think the interaction with Cruisers was the biggest issue with it so any nerf that allows a decent reduction in damage against cruisers is probably the right way to go. A BB playing in a static position can take several hits from MVR and it isn't too much of an issue, a ship like DM that has rather static gameplay based around tactical positioning is gonna lose half its health on the same drop. I don't think that's good for game balance, especially since there are already way more BBs than CA/CLs in the game these days.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×