Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Lmao, CV Balanced they said.

19 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles

ST 0.9.12, BALANCE CHANGES AND CHANGES TO TEST SHIPS, REMOVAL OF SOMERS.

Balance changes of ships and removal of X SOMERS in update 0.10.2

Starting from 0.10.2 X SOMERS will become unavailable to obtain from the Armory for an undefined period of time. She will be replaced with another American ship - Tier X cruiser Austin. 

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer X SOMERS into their Ports before Update 0.10.2 goes live in approximately three months.

We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary.

VIII KANSAS:

Sigma parameter was increased from 1.6 to 1.7;

Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 3.5%.

IX MINNESOTA:

Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 4%.

VIII TALLINN:

Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 12.5%.

VIII ADMIRAL HIPPER:

Main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 11 s.

IV HŌSHŌ:

The number of torpedo bombers in a squadron lowered from 6 to 5;

The size of an attacking torpedo bomber flight lowered from 2 to 1;

The number of torpedo bombers on the deck lowered from 9 to 8;

Torpedo bombers restoration time increased from 59 to 71 s;

Maximum torpedo damage increased from 5,400 to 5,800.

IV LANGLEY:

Maximum torpedo damage lowered from 4,233 to 3,500;

The chance to cause flooding on torpedo hit reduced from 33% to 30%.

X MANFRED VON RICHTHOFEN:

Increased the area of dive bombers' aiming ellipse;

phpJbhlaH

Fixed an error that resulted in excessive slowdown when engine boost was used. The value is brought to standard.

VIII IMPLACABLE:

Maximum bomb damage increased from 5,300 to 5,600;

Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 30% to 32%.

X AUDACIOUS:

Number of rockets on standard attack aircraft reduced from 12 to 10;

Number of rockets on researchable attack aircraft reduced from 14 to 12;

Maximum bomb damage increased from 6,000 to 6,400;

Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 35% to 36%.

We adjusted the parameters of the following ships based on testing results.

VIII FEN YANG:

Main battery reload time increased from 4.5 to 5.2 s;

Changed parameters of AP shells:

Maximum damage increased from 1,700 to 1,900

The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells increased from 45 to 60 degrees;

Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells increased from 60 to 67.5 degrees.

New AP shells settings will allow for a more effective interaction with destroyers and cruisers when HE shells can't pierce their armor.

IV DANTE ALIGHIERI, V CONTE DI CAVOUR:

AP shells maximum damage lowered from 8,560 to 8,100;

Armor penetration of AP shells lowered by roughly 20%.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

[-CAT-]
2,778 posts
12,310 battles

Kansas sigma is being buffed back to almost pre-nerf level.

Good. good.

Just add 0.1 more........

Remember, Fen Yang penetration is nerfed to 17 mm. Not the same as Akizuki (Duckie) penetration.

So unless the penetration is buffed to duckie level, she is not a going to be a fun ship to play.

Adding insult to injury she is equiped with Asaship deep water torpedo, so she can not hit both destroyer and cruiser.

Pen Nerf:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/99

Ship Intro:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/90

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles

Implacable buffs are always welcome. As I have the carrier itself along with it's bonus permacamo.

[LBAS]
163 posts
8,036 battles

"we need more nerf to the cv ! we are not satisfy about the cv nerf! need more nerf for the annoying cv! cv op" : they said. 😀

WG : OK , GOT IT.

[151ST]
2,962 posts
11,051 battles
4 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

ALSO: Wider angle means its completely balanced.

NO IT ISNT' this is still broken as is

@S4pp3R @S0und_Theif

It's a step in the right direction (MVR) but arguably there's still going to be 'perfect' drops that are still a bit much...

There's some nerfs for Hosho and Langley which is good but doesn't really address the issues with CVs at lowbie tiers and to make matters worse Rhein has been left alone...

Playing any T3-4 BB against Rheins AP DBs is next level screwed.

'Eh' is my reaction to the changes. Hosho ones are good though, Kansas getting 0.1 sigma is nice ish.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder
2,662 posts
12,898 battles

Jesus I thought this thread was made by dieselhead.

Hosho's nerf is significant enough as it finally neuters Hosho's ability to carry against the steamroll game (as what most CVs do these days).

Langley doesn't get hit as hard since Langley's strength lies on the consistent damage output on rockets & bombs rather than high alpha strikes (doesn't need rocket science to contribute to team).

Implacable's buff doesn't mean jackshit when it sees a lot of Halland sailing around these days.

Audacious rocket nerf won't change much since a perfect strike will only score 12 hits on a fatass ttarget. Except if they also nerf the accuracy.

Tallinn gets that buff. She can currently citadel a Lion, that buff will allow her to citadel more BBs.

Admiral Hippster gets buffed.... again?

Kansas... Meh. It has to be at least 1.8 to make the guns comfortable to use.

[REPOI]
6,722 posts
27,077 battles
9 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Hey @Grygus_Triss, @Max_Battle what kind of Incompetent WG Balancing department team they had, none of these are nerfs, these are Carrier Buffs.

tf you on? hosho is finally down from her godlike status, audacious lost a bit of oppressiveness with the rockets and for MVR is's going quite a bit harder to get maximum damage drops with the APDBs, i honestly dont know why the nerfed langley as it was pretty bad already but whatever makes WG happy i suppose

all of them were pretty on spot nerfs to ships overperforming in one area or another

implac is still shit after all the buffs lmao

Edited by Drakon233
  • Funny 1

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,816 posts
14,224 battles
45 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

tf you on? hosho is finally down from her godlike status, audacious lost a bit of oppressiveness with the rockets and for MVR is's going quite a bit harder to get maximum damage drops with the APDBs, i honestly dont know why the nerfed langley as it was pretty bad already but whatever makes WG happy i suppose

all of them were pretty on spot nerfs to ships overperforming in one area or another

isnt that RNCV always has been?

Edited by Onlinegamer

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles
5 hours ago, Drakon233 said:

Just watch till Submarine comes in the game and you'll know getting permaspotted by subs is more threatening than being spotted by many planes on a CV.

Langley Nerf wasn't inevitable but I feel bad for her getting a torpedo nerf. You still have HE Bombs.

Edited by IJN_Katori

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles
11 hours ago, Reset_kala said:

"we need more nerf to the cv ! we are not satisfy about the cv nerf! need more nerf for the annoying cv! cv op" : they said. 😀

WG : OK , GOT IT.

Literally the whole increment Bullcrap stuff

[REPOI]
6,722 posts
27,077 battles
2 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

Just watch till Submarine comes in the game and you'll know getting permaspotted by subs is more threatening than being spotted by many planes on a CV.

Langley Nerf wasn't inevitable but I feel bad for her getting a torpedo nerf. You still have HE Bombs.

what?

i didnt mention subs or even spotting at all in my post

no really, what are you on, i want some

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
11,327 battles

Can't really complain about the Hosho nerfs, it was probably a bit strong.  I personally don't have direct opinions on it though, I don't play tier 4 too often, and when I do it's normally Ark Beta, which is pretty OP and I have zero problem with CV's in it, even when focused by them.

The inevitable MvR AP DB nerf has arrived, right when expected, but it's a bit harsher than I thought the initial nerfs would be.  I was expecting something like a 20% bomb damage nerf, but it looks like they've doubled the reticle area, which is going to be very significant, particularly against cruisers.  A perfectly lined up drop on a cruiser which would pretty reliably net you 2-3 citadels on live, will now be much less likely to get multiple citadels, meaning they'll be much less of a threat to cruisers.  Combine that with actually decent maneuvering by the cruiser and they won't be anywhere near the threat they are now.

Audacious bomb changes are similar to the Implacable bomb changes - pretty much pointless and buffing the wrong thing.  The problem with these bombs are the HE pen, not the damage or fire chance.  I'm surprised they're nerfing the rockets on Audacious, they're good but the ship overall is the worst T10 CV by a decent margin, and the rockets are the best thing about the ship.  These changes are overall a nerf to Audacious.

Fen Yang continues to look abysmal (and it looked so good when they first announced it!).  You can't have a ship with only 17mm HE pen at tier 8, it just won't work.  It's functionally the same as having no HE at all.  The AP angle buffs will still not make this ship viable, as any ship can just angle and reduce the damage to zero.  Expect further changes.

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles
43 minutes ago, Drakon233 said:

what?

i didnt mention subs or even spotting at all in my post

no really, what are you on, i want some

Vodka, but its Glue flavor

Yeah really, WG's balancing is just pure Idiotic and Incompetency in terms of all ships, Let the Art Department do the Balancing and call it a day. (Because Octavian being a C*nt and a B*tch at the same time.)

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Funny 1

[SMOKE]
2,190 posts
17,088 battles

The problem with CV at T4 really not just the ships or the planes ; but then WG just unwilling to made the proper balance change. And speaking of intro of submarine , well what it will do to mid tier had already been play out by CV at low tiers and I expect worse.

Fen Yang , well WG , you had to go play that ship yourselves and prove to us those spec work and worth the price you would ask for with that kind of limitation imposed , it's looking not worth any even if it would be just an event freemium. 

Edited by Mechfori

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,504 battles
On 12/15/2020 at 1:57 AM, IJN_Katori said:

Hey @Grygus_Triss, @Max_Battle what kind of Incompetent WG Balancing department team they had, none of these are nerfs, these are Carrier Buffs.

Oh I will still be terrible in Cv....

[LBAS]
3,185 posts
15,270 battles
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Oh I will still be terrible in Cv....

Battleships are my style. Even though carriers origin are from Battleships...

Sign in to follow this