You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarvinMarvin

164 Mega Santa Crates later

11 comments in this topic

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles

I whaled. I whaled big. I whaled a lot more than I planned to, but that's OK.

I still have 36,000 doubloons to spend from the crates, and I still have over 34,000 coal.

I dropped 21 ships from containers plus I bought one with all the coal I had received.

2020-12-14.png.db3cb8174bbc7101bb6e87ff4e77a776.png

So that is basically a ship every 8 crates on average, not counting the Georgia.

So what was the haul?

Ship Class Tier
Vanguard Battleship VIII
Graf Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier VIII
Indomitable Aircraft Carrier VIII
Bayard Cruiser VIII
Ochakov Cruiser VIII
Wichita Cruiser VIII
Le Terrible Destroyer VIII
Yudachi Destroyer VII
Leningrad Destroyer VII
Z-39 Destroyer VII
West Virginia '41 Battleship VI
Mutsu Battleship VI
Dunkerque Battleship VI
Ark Royal Aircraft Carrier VI
Duca D'Aosta Cruiser VI
London Cruiser VI
Admiral Makarov Cruiser VI
Oktyabryskaya Revolutsiya Battleship V
Murmansk Cruiser V
Siroco Destroyer V
Hill Destroyer V

So that is a doubling of ships to obtain steel with come snowflake time.

And enough doubloons to convert enough XP to get the standard Alaska, buy the standard Massachusetts with a coupon and still pick up another couple of tier VIII.

My problem now is I need 30 million more credits to put equipment on them all.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
2,928 posts
11,017 battles
9 minutes ago, CarvinMarvin said:

And this is always my problem...

Take it from someone who keeps all their ships, there are never enough credits!

I'm back down to 70-ish mil... I always try and keep a healthy 100mil backup.

Most of that is so I can buy signals I run out of, e.g. speed, heal, fire duration, fire chance are usually the ones I run out of...

Your haul of ships is... average? There's a couple of nice ones like Bayard that are fairly unique (and I don't have - jelly) but I'd say about half are ships you probs won't play more than for snowflakes or occasional div lols...

Edited by S4pp3R

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
51 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

And this is always my problem...

Take it from someone who keeps all their ships, there are never enough credits!

I'm back down to 70-ish mil... I always try and keep a healthy 100mil backup.

Most of that is so I can buy signals I run out of, e.g. speed, heal, fire duration, fire chance are usually the ones I run out of...

Your haul of ships is... average? There's a couple of nice ones like Bayard that are fairly unique (and I don't have - jelly) but I'd say about half are ships you probs won't play more than for snowflakes or occasional div lols...

I don't play most of my ships much. Even ones like the Furutaka and Omaha that I'm technically grinding. :cap_old:

And yeah, if I was buying the ships directly without going the crate way there would be differences. I'd have the Hood, Arizona, Duke of York and Graf Spee for starters. But come on man. I happily have the Cheshire and Belfast '43. And I have enough spare doubloons to grab those 4 as well to consider as part of the haul, and still convert enough free XP for Alaska and Massachusetts.

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,782 battles

There should be a 50% discount when the next patch drops (there was one last xmas) so those modules will be a lot cheaper. Wait for the discount before you module up your new ships. Next Thursday is my guess when 9.12 drops.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
580 posts
7,651 battles

Brawl it up with flags, its like a credit open cut mine.

Even saw an opposition team kill 2 of themselves (pretty much all HP gone before we even spotted them) then the remaining BB was continually asking us to kill him fast.

I was happy to take the 22k free xp on that one.

[BLESS]
1,297 posts
11,652 battles
5 hours ago, CarvinMarvin said:
Ship Class Tier
Vanguard Battleship VIII
Graf Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier VIII
Indomitable Aircraft Carrier VIII
Bayard Cruiser VIII
Ochakov Cruiser VIII
Wichita Cruiser VIII
Le Terrible Destroyer VIII
Yudachi Destroyer VII
Leningrad Destroyer VII
Z-39 Destroyer VII
West Virginia '41 Battleship VI
Mutsu Battleship VI
Dunkerque Battleship VI
Ark Royal Aircraft Carrier VI
Duca D'Aosta Cruiser VI
London Cruiser VI
Admiral Makarov Cruiser VI
Oktyabryskaya Revolutsiya Battleship V
Murmansk Cruiser V
Siroco Destroyer V
Hill Destroyer V

Knowing what we know, it would be helpful to know the drop order. I assume Makarov .. and then?

Looking that list, and I have to be brutally honest here, there just a single ship there that I'd actually buy: Bayard. Leningrad is good I guess, but not my thing (neither are CVs). Yudachi, Mutsu, Z-39, Vanguard, Hill, and LeTerrible I'd suffer to own but would be unlikely to play over my other options.

Even after the shortlist, the drops seem weighted to the less popular ships - though this may be because you already have all the good ones Atago, Mainz, Massa, Asashio, Scharnhorst &c already?

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
28 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Knowing what we know, it would be helpful to know the drop order. I assume Makarov .. and then?

Looking that list, and I have to be brutally honest here, there just a single ship there that I'd actually buy: Bayard. Leningrad is good I guess, but not my thing (neither are CVs). Yudachi, Mutsu, Z-39, Vanguard, Hill, and LeTerrible I'd suffer to own but would be unlikely to play over my other options.

Even after the shortlist, the drops seem weighted to the less popular ships - though this may be because you already have all the good ones Atago, Mainz, Massa, Asashio, Scharnhorst &c already?

Actually Makarov was about the last to drop. It dropped this morning along with Z-39, Ark Royal, Terrible, Dunkie and Wichita. Vanguard was on my list to get, and London just lost out to Exeter so it was one I would've gotten.

I guess the other thing to remember is my tech tree options currently run to.

Tier 8: Admiral Hipper

Tier 7: Yorck

Tier 6: Leander, Devonshire, Bayern, Nurnburg

Tier 5: Mutsuki, Kongo, Konig, Iron Duke, Emerald, Hawkins, Omaha, Furutaka, Konigsburg.

And premiums are Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz-B, Massachusetts-B, Alaska-B, Kaga-B, Cheshire, Belfast '43, Scharnhorst-B, Atlanta-B, Warspite, Texas, Exeter, Oklahoma, Charleston.

The containers have not only given me a bunch more 10-point captains, and a bunch more ships to try out, but it has also loaded me up with enough coal to get Georgia, which I thought was going to cost me $105 plus enough doubloons to get Alaska (which I also thought was going to cost me $105) and Massachussets when the coupons refresh. And I'll probably still have about 33,000 doubloons to grab Hood and some others. I mean I'm not sure which ones I've bought myself would be exactly considered the popular ships either.

86 posts
7 hours ago, CarvinMarvin said:

since you already whale and whaled BIG, why not go to the Prem Shop and whale the "A ship load credit" package  :Smile_trollface:

Don't forget to save the dub for the dockyard Hizen

1,499 posts
6,628 battles
33 minutes ago, CarvinMarvin said:

Actually Makarov was about the last to drop. It dropped this morning along with Z-39, Ark Royal, Terrible, Dunkie and Wichita. Vanguard was on my list to get, and London just lost out to Exeter so it was one I would've gotten.

I guess the other thing to remember is my tech tree options currently run to.

Tier 8: Admiral Hipper

Tier 7: Yorck

Tier 6: Leander, Devonshire, Bayern, Nurnburg

Tier 5: Mutsuki, Kongo, Konig, Iron Duke, Emerald, Hawkins, Omaha, Furutaka, Konigsburg.

And premiums are Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz-B, Massachusetts-B, Alaska-B, Kaga-B, Cheshire, Belfast '43, Scharnhorst-B, Atlanta-B, Warspite, Texas, Exeter, Oklahoma, Charleston.

The containers have not only given me a bunch more 10-point captains, and a bunch more ships to try out, but it has also loaded me up with enough coal to get Georgia, which I thought was going to cost me $105 plus enough doubloons to get Alaska (which I also thought was going to cost me $105) and Massachussets when the coupons refresh. And I'll probably still have about 33,000 doubloons to grab Hood and some others. I mean I'm not sure which ones I've bought myself would be exactly considered the popular ships either.

My personal opinion is that despite the now publicized Shortlist Scandal, as long as these ships satisfy you and you do not regret that's fine. Though indeed many popular premiums are popular due to being powerful.

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

since you already whale and whaled BIG, why not go to the Prem Shop and whale the "A ship load credit" package  :Smile_trollface:

Such a thing will probably occur. At least maybe one with some doubloons as well. And yeah I know it isn't the most efficient spend.

1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Don't forget to save the dub for the dockyard Hizen

Those doubloons have some other ships names on them so far.

86 posts
6 hours ago, CarvinMarvin said:

other ships names on them so far.

dont buy them now, wait until the sale, in DEC/JAN with discount.