Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

I suggest WG remove the weather impact

24 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,983 battles

Seriously, does anyone enjoy the weather? It introduces unnecessary mechanism that's quite annoying.

5,151 posts
9,109 battles

I do. Makes the game a bit more interesting. Passing or Epicenter storms give certain advantages that are helpful.

Except Cyclone. I really dislike it. Cyclone can literally turn a match 180o and give the losing team the win. Cyclone sucks! (pun intended)

[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles

Cyclone is okay, it actually makes the brawler kind of BBs less frustrating to play because the HE spammers will be forced to do their things closer. And of course Salem's radar becomes actually useful during cyclone (yes I effing hate DDs). Smolensk becomes incredible pain in the aft to deal with at cyclone range though, unless you are playing CAs.

The moving thunderstorm on the other hand....

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,970 posts
13,330 battles
20 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I do. Makes the game a bit more interesting. Passing or Epicenter storms give certain advantages that are helpful.

Except Cyclone. I really dislike it. Cyclone can literally turn a match 180o and give the losing team the win. Cyclone sucks! (pun intended)

20 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Cyclone is okay, it actually makes the brawler kind of BBs less frustrating to play because the HE spammers will be forced to do their things closer. And of course Salem's radar becomes actually useful during cyclone (yes I effing hate DDs). Smolensk becomes incredible pain in the aft to deal with at cyclone range though, unless you are playing CAs.

The moving thunderstorm on the other hand....

I quite enjoy Cyclones for Similar reasons. It completely changes the meta and how ships operate. Long range ships lose power, BBs suddenly have to push and become tanks, radar takes on a whole other use, you have to be very careful who you chose to engage.

It enables you in certain circumstances to have 1on 1 fights at close range, and adopt other tactics.

I suppose I like it because it shakes up the current long range meta in a non permanent way. Yes, it can allow teams to turn a game around. And I have no problem with that. There are stories of real life battles where ships used weather effects to turn the tide.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,300 posts
11,669 battles

I do. Anything to relieve the tedium. Plus, ice and theunderstorms are cool.

• Cool 2

[SMOKE]
2,185 posts
17,087 battles

Actually I want the weather to had more impact on the game , Cyclone should increase all gun and bomb dispersion while decrease the torpedo detection range. Snow should made all ship lost 5%, might be up to 10% their top speed. On the other hand introduce fair weather / calm sea which made something the other way round, and the buff / debuff should not always to the same degree, they should be random within a min / max range

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,719 posts
42,563 battles

We got rain and snow.

We need sand storm or fire storm.

[OAKUM]
2,122 posts
16,534 battles

I like them... Adds randomness to the match... Otherwise it would be boring...

I just wish we had heavy seas & big waves as well...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,040 battles

Storms just have the habit of popping on when you're winning and the enemy is down to the last 2 ships.

5,151 posts
9,109 battles
59 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I like them... Adds randomness to the match... Otherwise it would be boring...

I just wish we had heavy seas & big waves as well...

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz 

Proper night battles, but then all radar ships would have the undisputed advantage.

Because the Axis cannot get anything good, even in a goddam video game.

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
2,185 posts
17,087 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Proper night battles, but then all radar ships would have the undisputed advantage.

speaking of that , we still had not get Cherry Blossom back yet

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,767 posts
12,295 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Night battle with 8 km visibility (cyclone mechanic).

Radared ships will only pop-up on the mini map, but not visible unless they are within the 8 km visibility range. (6 km visibility mechanic if you want to scare your players.)

I am not sure and have not tried this but, if there is a cyclone, and you radared the ship, will you see the ship like there is no cyclone at all?

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles
54 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I am not sure and have not tried this but, if there is a cyclone, and you radared the ship, will you see the ship like there is no cyclone at all?

Yes. Salem can spot the ship as far as 8.5 km during cyclone. Most high tier Soviet cruisers can literally stealth fire during cyclone

However the vision is not shared with any friendly ships because cyclone reduces the spotting range of all ships down to 8 km, including CV's planes. The friendly ships can see the radared ships on the minimap though, unless the radared ship is inside their respective spotting range.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[FORCE]
Modder
2,650 posts
12,877 battles

While we're at it; cyclone, thunderstorm, and snowstorm should give some reduction on fire duration. Like giving 15% reduction on fire duration could have been nice, while not breaking the balance too much.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,767 posts
12,295 battles
31 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

While we're at it; cyclone, thunderstorm, and snowstorm should give some reduction on fire duration. Like giving 15% reduction on fire duration could have been nice, while not breaking the balance too much.

Further balancing on your idea:

10% for DD, CLAA, CL, and CA.

15% for BB, CC, and CB.

Since BB, CC, and CB would take 60 seconds (base) to put out a fire. And 30 seconds (base) for DD, CLAA, CL, and CA.

12% Graf Spee.

Graf Spee is the only cruiser that burns for 45 seconds.

39 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Yes. Salem can spot the ship as far as 8.5 km during cyclone. Most high tier Soviet cruisers can literally stealth fire during cyclone

However the vision is not shared with any friendly ships because cyclone reduces the spotting range of all ships down to 8 km, including CV's planes. The friendly ships can see the radared ships on the minimap though, unless the radared ship is inside their respective spotting range.

Thanks for the info. :Smile_great:

My second thought / question on this is, should the player, who has radar, also be penalized by the cyclone mechanic (8 km visual even with 10 km / 12 km radar).

Giving radar a small weakness, but not all the time. As weather does not cooperate.

You still can see the enemy at the minimap, but no visuals up to 8 km.

Will this be a game breaker or a game changer during cyclone? :fish_book:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
6,110 battles

I prefer not to agree with you.

I liked heavy weather. Its like Real life battle on Scharnhorst in North Cape. Frigid Cold weather and summat.

So no.

• Cool 1

5,151 posts
9,109 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

In real life a storm would more or less  screw up electronics as well, esp. thunder storms. If it has rain, it would have lightnings, therefore, storms can mess with the electronics.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,767 posts
12,295 battles
10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

In real life a storm would more or less  screw up electronics as well, esp. thunder storms. If it has rain, it would have lightnings, therefore, storms can mess with the electronics.

Thanks.

This answers my second thought / question to Rheinhard.

Weather will only detect the enemy in the mini map. Visual will still be 8 km.

A small weakness for radar is weather.

Since weather is unpredicatble, bringing radar consumable into battle can either be an asset or a liability.

[-CAT-]
2,767 posts
12,295 battles

Weather is good.

Can take advantage of its low visibility or increased concealment (depends on ship used and weather).

[CLAY]
2,970 posts
13,330 battles
5 hours ago, THAI_THIEF said:

how about dark at night ?

Yeah, like Cherry Blossom, have the match transition from night to day. Surface Ships can only spot things at about 8km or so, unless they have radar, but planes cannot spot surface ships at all until it gets light! And vice versa.

5,151 posts
9,109 battles

Allied have radar but cannot spot anything without radar.

Axis don't have radar but can use sevaral illumination methods (search lights, star shells, HE, etc.)

:Smile_trollface:

[BONED]
585 posts
7,706 battles

Like cyclones for the change in playstyle it forces. 

The only change I might make is to slightly increase the time, in an entire map cyclone, it takes to go from full vision to cyclone range and back afterwards. Thunderstorms I would leave as is. 

Had a cyclone impacted game yesterday where I was able to pretty consistently hit and enemy BB at about 10km in 8km visibility using minimap to aim. Had a real warm glow about learning to do that. In a faster firing ship maybe you could push out the range a little.

Sign in to follow this