You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FatFluffyPenguin

Influx of Pepega Players?

15 comments in this topic

93 posts
3,676 battles

Am I the only one suddenly seeing a spike of pepega players this week? I just got Lexington this week and was grinding out the upgrade (hence my previous meme), but even I think that my performance was good enough to support the team with somewhat crippled planes.

Yet my Lexington winrate as of today is 10%.

It seems to me at least 1/3 of the enemy team is green/blue/purple in every game I'm in, while seeing myself as the only green, even yellow, player on the the team is becoming a common sight. I had an entire string of games last night where people in my team were all orange or red.

Is there some sort of event making lots of people come home and play? Did I nut to something cursed that is now crippling my MM luck? Did I sleep talk and make a pact with God to ensure future prosperity with short term disastrous MM luck?

My WR is now 17% for a couple of morning games (less pepegery I find in the mornings in general), but last night it was a s low as 9%. Anyone know if something is happening, or I'm just cursed?

image_2020-12-10_162408.png

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,564 posts
12,980 battles

December time baby, is holiday

With the pandemic, there will be certainly be more pepega active playing.

[CLAY]
3,006 posts
13,334 battles

What is a Pepega?

Nevermind.

Googled it.

Never heard the term before.

But I’m not really caught up on the memes. Especially Twitch memes.

Edited by Grygus_Triss
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

5,164 posts
9,111 battles
2 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

What is a Pepega?

A Twitch emote, used to express ironically/sarcastically that someone is stupid.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
706 posts
10,391 battles

You will find you get these swings, MM RNG will just throw you a series of teams to try carry. My advice is if it happens to you take a few days off, play something else, not only will you feel better and not rage at teams but when you come back you'll usually find MM to be a bit more generous. If you're stuck on a losing streak there's no point in getting tilted it'll only make your performance worse too.

• Cool 1

93 posts
3,676 battles
29 minutes ago, Gummiheng said:

December time baby, is holiday

With the pandemic, there will be certainly be more pepega active playing.

Shame. Just had to start as soon as I got my Lexington grind up. Was begging to God of MM last night, needed those upgrades.

Edited by FatFluffyPenguin

[SMOKE]
2,216 posts
17,119 battles

Anytime WG push for some event with purchase ( cough , cough .... gamble ) of new ships, and now on this scale, something like this happens , nothing to check out, old news   Hey is it not that the ARP  Yamato & Maya not fresh .. 🙂

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,820 posts
21,559 battles

When you watch an ally DD sail sideways to a rocket plane squadron with AA firing from maximum distance and they don't just dodge....

• Cool 1

5,164 posts
9,111 battles

I was in my Ostergotland. T9-only battle. Twin Brothers. 3 DDs per team - my team: me, Chung Mu, Kitakaze and the enemy: 2 Oster and 1 Kitakaze. the enemy also had a Donskoi.

I was all by myself in D (the right most cap). I quickly realized 2 things: 1: There were 2 enemy DDs capping the point and the Donskoi was behind an island nearby and 2: The 2 allied DDs in A cap (the left cap) were, for some unexplained reason, far away from the cap, clumping up with the BBs. The 2 enemy DDs were 1 Oster and the Kitakaze. I could tell by counting the number of torps they launched and their speed. There were more green ships in A as well.

I hesitated capping because... well, just imagine how well it is for an Ostergotland to get into a fight with a Kitakaze.

I started pointing out the obvious, the Kita responded: "smart ass". I continued pointing out the obvious advantage between my flank and those 2 DDs' flank. It was hard to remember what was next, because my flank was falling apart - there were like 7-8 enemy ships pushing in (another disadvantage for my flank). I was going their flank to try to support. Later, the Kita entered C cap (downmost) and captured it. Again, I cannot fight a Kitakaze with an Oster so I hesitated. A bit later, those 2 DDs went to B cap (uppermost) and somehow died within a minute of each other, as if to try to blame me.

Again, there was a huge advantage on the Kita and Chung Mu's flank: they had 2 DDs versus 1, no radar, more allies to support them and yet, they couldn't cap and even going away from the cap. Apparently the threat of an Ostergotland's torps was too much?

20201210_181740_PWSD109-Ostergotland_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

If you guys have time, review the replay and tell me what I did wrongly. Sure I abandoned my flank and more or less failed to support it, but am I wrong about the 2 green DDs?

5,164 posts
9,111 battles
2 minutes ago, notyourfather said:

So those 2 DDs were afraid of the Izumo?

The Chung Mu saw the Oster and ran. When the Izumo came in the cap, he ran (again) back all the way to the Georgia and didn't get into the cap until the Kita capped it.

[REPOI]
271 posts
13,106 battles

You mean this players?
tenor.gif?itemid=13662439

Edited by HoChunHao
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[AN-DO]
Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles
8 hours ago, Paladinum said:

The Chung Mu saw the Oster and ran. When the Izumo came in the cap, he ran (again) back all the way to the Georgia and didn't get into the cap until the Kita capped it.

Respect to the YOLO Izumo then. He scared away the loli-boats.

Which team won in the end?