Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Confused and conflicted

26 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles

I just cancelled my request for a refund for the Santa crates I bought.

Mostly because it was taking so long and I would lose over a week's progression by the time they got to it... maybe longer, maybe 2 week's.

Yeah yeah, "we have a lot of requests to process" - whatever.

I'm conflicted though.

I don't want to pay them to deceive me which I feel I have done (paid to be tricked)... but I just did a rough tally of the money I spent and the ships that dropped.

I probably got twice the value in ships (if bought straight from Premium shop for cash) than I spent in gambling.

That doesn't include camos, coal FXP etc. Nor does it include doubloons that dropped (most of which I turned into more gamble boxes anyway).

Most of them aren't ships I would go out of my way to buy but I don't mind having a variety of ships.

I am confused and conflicted.

I want to play, I enjoy the game but I don't want to support deciept and manipulation.

Confused and conflicted.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
11,327 battles

Santa crates are the only crates that supply something approaching value for money.  If you plan ahead with all the knowledge available to you then you can actually do really well out of them.

If you compare them to the value of the other crates they offer up during the year (which are just absolutely awful mostly), you're getting way more for your money from buying santa crates.

[KAMI]
487 posts
6,175 battles

You decided they should have the money, even after knowing you got deceived. You couldn't possibly support it in a more direct way, as a player.

WG played you by holding "2 weeks of grind" as hostage in exchange for the refund.

It just means that you value "2 weeks of grind" MORE than the value "not being deceived and manipulated".

Its not a black and white situation, thats why you're confused.

Its your money, but damn if only I can make something that attracts payers like you.

Edited by Verytis

[-CAT-]
2,778 posts
12,310 battles
9 minutes ago, Verytis said:

Its your money, but damn if only I can make something that attracts payers like you.

Alcoholic beverages would attract a lot (not all) of payers here in this forum.

Especially with the "beer virus (Corona)" making people's movement limited, a lot of people would pay good money just to go out to have a drink.

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,989 battles

Why do you lose progression?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
19 minutes ago, Verytis said:

You decided they should have the money, even after knowing you got deceived. You couldn't possibly support it in a more direct way, as a player.

WG played you by holding "2 weeks of grind" as hostage in exchange for the refund.

It just means that you value "2 weeks of grind" MORE than the value "not being deceived and manipulated".

Its not a black and white situation, thats why you're confused.

Yes. I think I have been naive and baselessly optimisitic about the whole Santa Crate issue and just assumed it would be cool and something fun would come out of it.

I was wrong and found myself stuck bewteen a rock and hard place.

Thanks for not being a dick about it.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
8 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Why do you lose progression?

Because they would have to restore my account to the moment I first opened my first Santa Crate.

IE reset my account to that point.

That's a week ago as I post this and who knows how much longer til they got to it to actually do the admin.

[151ST]
119 posts
3,080 battles
31 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Santa crates are the only crates that supply something approaching value for money.  If you plan ahead with all the knowledge available to you then you can actually do really well out of them.

If you compare them to the value of the other crates they offer up during the year (which are just absolutely awful mostly), you're getting way more for your money from buying santa crates.

I'll plan ahead by knowing Santa crates is value for money only to WG. WG set the "value" anyway. Make the in game items a complete ripoff, then "gift" them back to the consumer for a "less" of a ripoff. The consumer is now trained to think "hey what a great deal". Throw in some shady management practices, misleading advertising, predatory marketing and a large dose of contempt/neglect for your customer base.... and you're good to go.  The rigged loot boxes give less and less every year. The amount of flags get less, camos get less and "gated" crap ships that don't sell get more and more. Oh and the price of the loot box only increases. What do you need the stuff in the Santa crates for anyway. Answer: to play the game less. They make the grind so tedious that you really want to increase the speed of progress. Then WG sells you that "speed" at a price they set. What I mention here is only the tip of the iceberg.

The only person that does really well out of loot boxes is the owner of WG. 

Edited by Davey77

[CLAY]
3,001 posts
13,330 battles
52 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

While all true, most people buy them for the chance at rare ships, that’s the bait, and why so many people spend lots of money on them.

Yes, you do get your money’s worth in other stuff, which makes you feel better, but it’s not stuff you especially wanted, not compared to the ships.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
8 minutes ago, humusz said:

c766849274.png

Woah.

How long will THIS remain up I wonder!?

[BLESS]
1,302 posts
11,671 battles

A while back I bought Atlanta on a special deal where you got two more T7 premium ships "at random".

As well as Atlanta, I was given DoY and Blys.

At the time I cursed my "luck", looking back on it I have no doubt the lots were weighted to the least popular ships.

But, funny thing, I grew to love my Blyskawica, play it most days even now. Atlanta is a port queen. I sold DoY in disgust.

Think of it as a learning experience. You weren't "tricked" by WG anymore than you are always tricked by WG when you buy a lootbox. Always, you are given less than were led you expect, always (in aggregate) you are given the value, or more, of your purchase in in-game items. Now you have a bunch of derpy premium ships to play around with. Maybe you'll find a few you like, if nothing else it's a fun diversion.

[FISH]
438 posts
35,023 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I just cancelled my request for a refund for the Santa crates I bought.

Mostly because it was taking so long and I would lose over a week's progression by the time they got to it... maybe longer, maybe 2 week's.

Yeah yeah, "we have a lot of requests to process" - whatever.

I'm conflicted though.

I don't want to pay them to deceive me which I feel I have done (paid to be tricked)... but I just did a rough tally of the money I spent and the ships that dropped.

I probably got twice the value in ships (if bought straight from Premium shop for cash) than I spent in gambling.

That doesn't include camos, coal FXP etc. Nor does it include doubloons that dropped (most of which I turned into more gamble boxes anyway).

Most of them aren't ships I would go out of my way to buy but I don't mind having a variety of ships.

I am confused and conflicted.

I want to play, I enjoy the game but I don't want to support deciept and manipulation.

Confused and conflicted.

First and foremost, my sympathies, I recognize the difficulty you're facing through no fault of your own.

The only thing I have to add here is, do we - at this junction - have so much faith in WeeGee's better nature and good faith that we can rule out the company - intentionally - dragging its feet with the response to your ticket in order to minimize your incentive to get the refund and create more and more opportunity cost for you to do so ?

We still that optimistic ?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
20 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

First and foremost, my sympathies, I recognize the difficulty you're facing through no fault of your own.

The only thing I have to add here is, do we - at this junction - have so much faith in WeeGee's better nature and good faith that we can rule out the company - intentionally - dragging its feet with the response to your ticket in order to minimize your incentive to get the refund and create more and more opportunity cost for you to do so ?

We still that optimistic ?

Yeah dunno.

Might just go pew pew some boats for a while and try not to gloom over it.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
135 posts
17,076 battles

Well ... just charge this mishap to learning experience.

You know the company, you know what they practice, their approach to solutions so take everything into account and be better informed on what they will be promoting next time.

So if you do it AGAIN you already know what you're in for.  It's all on you.

Remember, you're just paying for a pixel item of which you don't or can't actually own or touch.

But what you're actually paying for is the experience, how much is it worth is just up to you.

On another note, Gacha favors the house ALL the time, you're just paying for the thrill.

Straight up payment for a pixel ship/item is much more preferred and you get what you want though this doesn't get the house more $$$ than Gacha system.

• Cool 2

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,989 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Because they would have to restore my account to the moment I first opened my first Santa Crate.

IE reset my account to that point.

That's a week ago as I post this and who knows how much longer til they got to it to actually do the admin.

I read it that they only do so if you have consumed the gifts?

[COG]
Beta Tester
73 posts
5,542 battles

WG rolled you fella, they are hoping that people like yourself break under the no progression due to delays in processing. from what I read in other forums, they are moving refunds quickly in EU and USA. you get the Sea special treatment here 😛

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,569 posts
5,513 battles
17 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

They are now stating that due to the extremely large number of tickets requesting a refund, it would take too long to go through each account and process the accounts on a one by one basis, and will be easier just to reset each players account.

We are still entitled to request they do not reset the account, but WG say it will take longer.

I am happy to wait, if you wait, from what I read, you get to keep your loot you got in crates, not that I will ever play the tier 4-6 ships I got for my LOT of money I put in, but if I can keep the ships, thats less paywall I have to pay through, next year....

Though WG saying they will "fix" paywall...but ehhhh

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,748 posts
8,275 battles
11 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Thats why I will keep mine.

6 ships including a Friesland, 270 days premium, 10k doubs, 25k coal, and a ton of flags, signals and camos that I will use.   I get it that some people are unhappy, but lets face it.................Everyone has been warned for years that its gambling.

• Cool 6
  • Haha 1

[HVC]
120 posts
12,990 battles

And once you've got the Makarovs and DoYs, you may as well keep them as they're the ONLY way you can ensure you've won't get them again. 

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad about it Max. Perhaps start another account named 'Max_Jaded' or Max_educated'; but yeah, just keep the crate contents, relax and go sink ships.

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
361 posts
8,561 battles

Thanks WG for ruining the "giving" spirit of xmas and then after being caught making gambling even more "loaded" continue to put undue pressure on individual players. 

Players are your bread and butter, shame on you for treating them in this way. SHAME I say. 

WG   ...   You haven't even apologised ... 

Sorry Max, sorry all the other players who genuinely got caught out (yes I know there's a dubious few, there always is).  I hope they sort it quick and salvage xmas, its been a tough enough year across the globe without greedy entertainment companies pulling this crap.

WG when you start making the victim apologise and feel guilt .. What I have to say would get me banned from your forum (not that you ever read it). SHAME

xmasCentaur.jpg

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,818 posts
21,505 battles
7 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

It's not that simple - at least the last time I looked up how it works it wasn't.

If you haven't opened ANY containers they can just take the containers and refund you.

If you have opened the containers but all the items IN the containers are still in your account then they can remove the items and give you a refund.

If you have opened the containers and some of the items CANNOT be removed from your account because you have used/spent them (coal/camos etc) THEN they have to reset your account to before you opened the first one and THEN that will "auto refund" your purchases made AFTER the moment your account is reset too.

I was in this last category and the one where they said it could take weeks.

Sign in to follow this