Sign in to follow this  
sfcgx3

My journey in WOW and recommended Grinding sequence

9 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
345 posts
6,989 battles

I started playing the game 2 years ago and think it's helpful to provide some advices to new players thinking about where to invest time and effort. My own journey has been kind of started German BB, and then US CA and German CA, then CV, and finally DD. Here are some advices (forgive my being direct):

- You should generally start in BB, because it's more forgiving for mistakes and you have less impact on the game. The best lines for this purpose are German, French and US. US may require a bit more skills because of slow shells. But these lines you generally won't die too quickly

- Once you are master of BB, the next natural one is CA. I believe the easiest lines are US and German CA, and Russian maybe. Avoid Italian and US/UK CLs earlier in your early career

- Then you can grind more lines of cruisers and BBs

- Once you feel comfortably sitting in 50%+ win rate and after ~1000k battles, you may want more influence in the game and take matters in your own hands, then you can consider DDs. DDs are fun and have a huge impact on the game when played right (and a huge negative impact if controlled by a noob). I think the best line to begin is the US and IJN, due to long smoke for the former and good concealment for the latter. Avoid French, Russian or pan EU as DD beginner.  Avoid German, which is a bit weak at the moment

Now I must bold the following:

- Don't buy T8+ premium and play high tier games, until you have at least 1 T10 tech tree ship

- Don't play premium high tier DD, unless you have grinded at least 1 T10 tech tree DD

- Don't play high tier CV in your first 500 games

• Cool 3

[DOOR]
9 posts
2,494 battles

Thanks for sharing the experience.

I played this game for about one month, with a very interesting beginning, keeping on that now I have my troop for 17 ships for full range comprised of Jp. US & Ger; and the highest is VII only.  My fresh experience is the better specifications for Jp series, the more efficient the Ger especially the Crusher. 

Upon all the most bothering me in the battle is so often the enemies are able to disappear on the screen against your targeting, and then fire back from unseen then blow me up. However, I find nowhere to learn or get such invisible-skill, and to my understanding, that’s not the kind of Concealment System.

So [Commander]. I think - I need your support….. to find out the way..... THANKS A LOT AGAIN !

7 posts
710 battles

I started with US Cruisers and I must say the other ship classes aren't my cup of tea, I prefer the fire rate.

I ended up picking a good cruiser line, I only picked the US line because I liked US cruisers from WWII.glad to know that my emotional decision was the correct one

also off topic but why aren't there any daily shipments anymore? are they disabled till this santa's daily stuff is over or is the daily shipment thing only for the first week or two after joining this game?

Edited by Cepheus_Antollare

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
1 minute ago, Cepheus_Antollare said:

I started with US Cruisers and I must say the other ship classes aren't my cup of tea, I prefer the fire rate.

also off topic but why aren't there any daily shipments anymore? are they disabled till this santa's daily stuff is over or is the daily shipment thing only for the first week or two after joining this game?

The daily shipments this release are the free random armoury bundles.

[TF44]
199 posts
1,510 battles
18 hours ago, Cepheus_Antollare said:

so they go back to normal next patch? or after this month?

No idea. But probably. They have when they've done it this way before.

[FORCE]
Modder
2,662 posts
12,898 battles
On 12/15/2020 at 11:57 AM, Cepheus_Antollare said:

Daily shipments are only available for starters, and during the major events. The latter will only happen once per event, and lasts 2 for weeks long.

2 posts
483 battles

I've been playing about a month. I agree DD's are very hard to master, and almost impossible to work with when confronting 2 carriers who know what they are doing so it really ruins the experience.

American BB's are ok I guess, but they are pretty boring until you get to the NorCal. Then all a sudden its awesome.

Sign in to follow this