Sign in to follow this  
TGed

Help with Italian CL/CA

2 comments in this topic

4 posts
1,080 battles

Currently grinding on the Italian cruiser line and am up to Tier 4. I have some questions for the more experienced Italian cruiser players out there:

1. What's the best course of action against an enemy BB? Since you don't have HE rounds you can't really do consistent chip-damage and hope to out-DPM the enemy BB.

2. When do I use AP rounds? For other ships, you switch to AP when facing a broadsiding enemy/engaging at close ranges. For the Italian cruisers the SAP rounds deal more than enough damage, and doesn't have the problem of over-pen. So when do you switch to AP rounds?

Thank you for your help.

[NCOTS]
473 posts
11,435 battles

I started the line from Trento so I do not have much knowledge on Italian light cruisers, but I think the core playstyle is similar. 

1. Do not aim your SAP at enemy BB's main belt, aim at the superstructures/bow/stern/upper belts to get penetrations, if I am not wrong the 6 inch guns can pen 42mm of armor. In your port, check out the BB's armor using the armor viewer, so you can know where you should hit when facing the BBs. Low tier BBs generally are harder to damage with SAPs as their armor are distributed evenly.

2. Use AP when you are facing enemy cruisers showing broadsides, so you can get citadel hits. But the timing might be hard to master since Italian cruisers have longer reload, expert loader skill is quite useful, you can consider obtaining it once you obtain the concealment expert skill

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this