You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amnesia98

Regarding Santa Crates

71 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
131 posts
2,095 battles

«Due to the large amount of requests we extend the opportunity to request Santa Containers refund».

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13,  January  5th any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

• Cool 5

40 posts
14,721 battles
10 minutes ago, amnesia98 said:

The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Which means if I request a refund, any goods received from santa crate (prem day, doubloons, flags, camo, ships,...) will be removed and money will be transfer back to my credit card. Am I right?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles

<Removed>

Edited by Max_Battle

[KSMS]
1 post
3,973 battles
34 分鐘前,amnesia98 說:

Commanders,

We've received a lot of questions and comments regarding 2020 Santa Containers, and we would like to clarify the situation. 

As some of you noticed, certain ships in the containers have much higher drop rates than others. Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning, and until 2018 we even mentioned that peculiarity in the items description. After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description.

We're sorry that some of you are left disappointed by the Santa Containers this year. We know this is something that a lot of our players look forward to and the last thing we want is to see you upset approaching holiday season. Thus, we will do the following:

• We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced.
  • Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased. Please refer to Customer Support if you would like to have a refund, and please note, in order to prevent longer queue times, all purchases you want to refund should be in one request. The refunds will be handled according to the normal procedure – the goods from the containers should still be on your account, otherwise, Customer Support will have to do a roll-back to restore them and process the refund.

Regardless of whether you were considering Santa Containers at all, we hope you will enjoy all of the holiday activities and gifts this year – stay tuned for more news on the upcoming celebration.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas.

World of Warships team

I use the doubloons in my account to purchase. Can I apply for returning the doubloons instead of returning it to the card?

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
87 posts
26,293 battles

Could you please clarify this part "Until Sunday, Dec 13, any player is eligible for a one-time refund request for the Santa Crates they purchased"
If I make a purchase now before Sunday, Dec 13 am I eligible for a refund? Not trying to abuse the system but I do have the intention to purchase some big santa crates.
I have Makarov in port and I will be requesting for a refund if the first two ships to drop are California and Orkan.

52 posts
3,353 battles
56 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow_95 said:

Which means if I request a refund, any goods received from santa crate (prem day, doubloons, flags, camo, ships,...) will be removed and money will be transfer back to my credit card. Am I right?

From what the staff has said you get to keep the items... But I may be wrong. I'm quite interested to get a refund myself for my bigger crates, but I also got a long amount of premium time out of some of them too.

[MD]
1 post
3,804 battles

This information needs to be posted in the portal so everyone can get this information not just those on the forum. And why wait to improve the next santa event. Why not improve the current event. All wargaming has to do is post EXACTLY how the santa crates work and stop misleading your customers.

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Alpha Tester
23 posts
1,616 battles

I bought 60 containers and the bulk of the containers were Zulu, Zulu Hotel and Papa Papa flags. Not one Prem..not even that bad Marakov ship.

Out of all the crates I got:

4k doubloons (4 containers)

60 days prem (2 containers)

20k free xp (2 containers)

the rest were flags, and camos (52 containers)

Edited by Capt_Howdy
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,958 posts
13,271 battles
5 hours ago, amnesia98 said:

I’d reconsider mentioning the drop rates, it should be very clear what the chances are.

If nothing else, being transparent increases trust and goodwill with the player base, otherwise it creates the perception that you are being deceptive and manipulative.

• Cool 4

[AUDI]
23 posts
12,519 battles
8 時間前、amnesia98 の発言:

Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning

I bought hundreds of Santa Containers in the past 3 years but it would not happen if I knew this. Perhaps it will NOT either.
Where is your ethics, WG?

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
2,958 posts
13,271 battles
8 hours ago, amnesia98 said:

Santa Containers have worked like this since the very beginning

Why do they work like this?

Just interested.

• Cool 1

[HKN]
58 posts
5,989 battles

(1) "After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description. "

Me: So, any players after 2018 joins World of Warships and buys them, how are they notify of this than? 

(2) "We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced

Me: Right............................................

• Cool 1

[VIET]
4 posts
6,931 battles

So what about premium time, free xp, camos, coal, ship and commander xp earned using these flags and camos ??  I have spent some of coal and free xp to purchase new ships and research new tech tree. Will it all be gone after refund?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
13 minutes ago, NEET_13 said:

So what about premium time, free xp, camos, coal, ship and commander xp earned using these flags and camos ??  I have spent some of coal and free xp to purchase new ships and research new tech tree. Will it all be gone after refund?

Yes.

They replied to my request for refund.

They said my account will be reset to the first moment I opened a Santa Crate.

I'm doing it.

• Thanks 1

[VIET]
4 posts
6,931 battles
17 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Yes.

I'm doing it.

Oh well, that suck. I'm doing very well these 2 previous days. Would it affect my WR and stat as well?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
Just now, NEET_13 said:

Would it affect my WR and stat as well?

I doubt it but I don't know.

[TCY]
Beta Tester
71 posts
13,738 battles
5 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Yes.

I'm doing it.

So to clarify, can you choose which package you wish to be refunded or will they refund all the 2020 Santa Container purchases?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,800 posts
21,365 battles
39 minutes ago, Wolf168 said:

So to clarify, can you choose which package you wish to be refunded or will they refund all the 2020 Santa Container purchases?

I don't know.

I'm not partially dissappointed, I'm completely dissappointed.

So I simply asked to be completely refunded. I don't know if they let you pick and choose your dissappointment.

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
1,926 posts
3,663 battles
14 hours ago, Capt_Howdy said:

I bought 60 containers and the bulk of the containers were Zulu, Zulu Hotel and Papa Papa flags. Not one Prem..not even that bad Marakov ship.

Out of all the crates I got:

4k doubloons (4 containers)

60 days prem (2 containers)

20k free xp (2 containers)

the rest were flags, and camos (52 containers)

HOOLLLYY how the hell this is possible, i though metalillness get worse

9 hours ago, MrJJ_sniper said:

(1) "After 2018 it was not present in the description anymore, as it was deemed excessive to the already detailed description. "

Me: So, any players after 2018 joins World of Warships and buys them, how are they notify of this than? 

(2) "We will work on improving the next Santa event with the feedback and concerns you voiced

Me: Right............................................

:Smile_trollface:

i dont even believe its on there before.....

people in 2018 report they get awesome reward.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WG shouldnt refund those money, better give what player want.

give them Doubloon equal to money spend....... this is christmas right? just like buying santa crate got doubloon bonus

[LLBC]
Super Tester_
762 posts
5,883 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Yes.

I'm doing it.

6 hours ago, NEET_13 said:

Oh well, that suck. I'm doing very well these 2 previous days. Would it affect my WR and stat as well?

If you still have all things you got from the container you should be able to ask them to do a manual restoration and refund according to the announcement on the EU forums

WG being WG seem to have made the initial announcement before having a clue how to actually do it without a full rollback so support just ran with it

[WG]
Administrator
730 posts
14,751 battles

Commanders, 

Let us additionally clarify the situation with the 2020 Santa Containers. Some of you received a response from Customer Support that only a roll-back is possible for your account, even if you still own the goods received from the containers. 
That was an unfortunate miscommunication on our side, caused by the large volume of tickets we received yesterday, our apologies! If you got such a response, please submit a new ticket to Customer support. We will also send a personal notification to all affected players, whose tickets were answered in this manner, but this may take some time. 

All tickets will be correctly resolved! If you still own the goods from the containers, we will refund the requested purchases as promised. However, due to the large amount manual work involved with removing the received items from your account, your ticket may take a week or more to be completed. 

Customer support will offer you either a roll-back and refund (this can be processed quickly) or a manual restoration and refund (this may take some time to complete). Please bear in mind, if some of the goods are no longer on your account, we can only process the refund together with an account roll-back, as communicated earlier.

We hope that clarifies the situation and thank you for patience. 
World of Warships team.

[O7]
Beta Tester
8 posts
2,127 battles

If you opt for the manual removal of goods, instead of an account rollback, what happens if the manual removal fails? If missing items etc is found, after the deadline of 13 December? Do you still get to rollback or is your entire refund chance gone because of that?

Fairly certain I haven't used any of the items I've gotten from the crates, but just in case!

[EJECT]
4 posts
2,130 battles
2 시간 전, seezer 님의 말:

Commanders, 

Let us additionally clarify the situation with the 2020 Santa Containers. Some of you received a response from Customer Support that only a roll-back is possible for your account, even if you still own the goods received from the containers. 
That was an unfortunate miscommunication on our side, caused by the large volume of tickets we received yesterday, our apologies! If you got such a response, please submit a new ticket to Customer support. We will also send a personal notification to all affected players, whose tickets were answered in this manner, but this may take some time. 

All tickets will be correctly resolved! If you still own the goods from the containers, we will refund the requested purchases as promised. However, due to the large amount manual work involved with removing the received items from your account, your ticket may take a week or more to be completed. 

Customer support will offer you either a roll-back and refund (this can be processed quickly) or a manual restoration and refund (this may take some time to complete). Please bear in mind, if some of the goods are no longer on your account, we can only process the refund together with an account roll-back, as communicated earlier.

We hope that clarifies the situation and thank you for patience. 
World of Warships team.

Does that mean that I can cancel all the payment details for one order number individually, regardless of whether the box I bought is single, eight, or 20?

In other words, if I apply for a refund of the purchase of the box collectively by order number, do you mean that I can manually remove the acquired goods (monetary, flag, camouflage, ship) from the game that I applied for a refund, not all box details?

For example, if I bought eight Santa boxes A, then eight Santa boxes B, then one Santa box C, and the last 20 Santa boxes D, and the game's goods obtained through each purchase were lowercase letters a,b,c,d,

If I want to refund only A and C, if the account at the time of refund has a and c, can I interpret it as a sign that manual (but it takes a long time) recovery is possible?

So are you sure that customer support is only recommending rollback to facilitate quick refunds for customers and that individual refunds (but not part of a bundle) are available?