Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hurricaneflyer

Dear God.

13 comments in this topic

[IJN]
311 posts
5,152 battles

image.thumb.png.f9d203af9a1e769a5ac9e41cdc10e37d.png

So Flint and Neustrashimy (no Black because that thing is a mess to balance) are back...       AT ABSURD PRICES.

Neustrashimy costs 296,000 coal, and Flint costs 168,000.

To put that in perspective Z-44 for coal costs 228,000 coal. Neustrashimy, of identical tier and class costs a good 68,000 more.

Then we have Flint, which costs 168,000 coal compared to (newly available) Lazo, which costs 83,000 coal. FLINT COSTS MORE THAN DOUBLE WHAT LAZO DOES.

While yes, they used to be Steel ships they were removed from that role for a reason. Now, its been tipped upside-down and these two are now ridiculously overpriced.

This... Frustrates me. I would much rather spend a reasonable amount of steel on these than pay a absurd amount of coal.

Sigh...

Anyway, in other news...

image.thumb.png.e33efebe7ae88c5e1f642b06441e14c9.png

image.thumb.png.0225e905d6aa911688fc37dc40d7494f.png

Plymouth is now available for steel and Z-44, Duke of York, Lazo, and Hill are now buyable with coal.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
140 posts
17,161 battles

Well ... from WG's perspective. If that's too rich for you then tough luck.

There "will" be someone who's willing to pay for their asking price and that's what they are banking on.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,751 posts
8,282 battles

Did you expect steel ships to enter the armoury at the price of a normal coal ship?

[-FUN-]
470 posts
7,713 battles

For most players, the expected time to collect resources needed for those ships is still far shorter than that of when they were still steel ships. That's good.

[151ST]
3,005 posts
11,080 battles

I wouldn't get either.

Flint?

Play Fiji instead...

Neustra?

I'd probably prefer to play Jutland...

But that's just me. If either were badged IJN or any other navy without similar options I'd probably contort myself in weird ways to get enough coal and then some...

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,601 posts
5,582 battles

Flint and other ships like Belfast will be at the mercy of the Commander skill rework I reckon.

WG "might" take the opportunity to use this to rebalance them.

5,169 posts
9,121 battles

The moment I realized that a T9 is over 50k more expensive than T10s, I could only whisper: "Bullcrap..."

Those ships are nowhere good enough to justify that kind of price. That pricetag is only there because they were Steel ships.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,656 posts
18,437 battles

meh

i have faced both the Neustrashimy and Z-44 in my Kitakaze and gun boat them both pretty easy, so if i was you i wouldnt bother getting either of them.

5,169 posts
9,121 battles
2 minutes ago, yobbo1972 said:

meh

i have faced both the Neustrashimy and Z-44 in my Kitakaze and gun boat them both pretty easy, so if i was you i wouldnt bother getting either of them.

Kitakaze, huh?

[MRI]
3,684 posts
15,991 battles

WG literally said they purposely did this to not upset those who got them for Steel.

VII Flint and IX Neustrashimy were previously available for Steel—a valuable resource that's primarily earned in competitive game modes. We wouldn't like to diminish the value of those ships for their owners, which is why their prices are higher than the prices of other same-tier ships in Coal.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Plus there is always the option of converting Steel to Coal.

Seriously it as though people are trying to find things to be outraged at. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,656 posts
18,437 battles
12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Kitakaze, huh?

yes

we all know its a good DD but when the enemy DDs have no hope in hell and you only lose 10k in HP while they both get sunk from full HP then you know the DDs are not worth getting.

[TLS]
4,371 posts
20,673 battles

Castrated soviet dd is terrible when sold for steel. It is just as bad when sold for coal. Why would anyone want to get Neutered for coal when there are other better ships?

[CLAY]
3,010 posts
13,351 battles

I'm glad I bought my Flint back when she was Steel and I realized that I would never earn enough steel for anything better.

And I don't regret that decision. Flint is my No. 1 go to cruiser for Narai. Better than Atlanta because radar is near useless in Ops, and Smoke can prevent you from being blapped by BBs. Since bots don't blindfirelike players do.

3 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

Flint and other ships like Belfast will be at the mercy of the Commander skill rework I reckon.

WG "might" take the opportunity to use this to rebalance them.

I do worry about this. I've never seen Flint or Atlanta as OP. Annoying, sure, but being short range, thinly armored cruisers at T7, they're basically DDs with citadels and take full HE damage. And their guns get knocked out a lot. Yes, Atlanta's radar is annoying for DDs, but it only has 8.5km detection. And since CV rework they don';t really have god level AA anymore. They are certainly not the same nightmare that Smolensk is.

Yet they will probably be hit by the same commander skill nerfs intended to hit Smolensk and Colbert. They will be more limited if they lose that extra range.

Sign in to follow this