Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Are the Santa Boxes Rigged?

21 comments in this topic

[TF44]
Beta Tester
195 posts
4,640 battles

so after seeing flamu sea lord mountbattens videos i am curious are the santa boxes rigged 

i purchased 20 boxes and got i got yaduchi vanguard ochakov Duca then W Virginia 41 Boise and anshan in super containers all in that order from mega containers aswell as flags and some coal 

now is this just a coincidence that other people are getting the same ships or are they rigged

[-CAT-]
2,750 posts
12,222 battles
14 minutes ago, unknownaussie said:

so after seeing flamu sea lord mountbattens videos i am curious are the santa boxes rigged 

i purchased 20 boxes and got i got yaduchi vanguard ochakov Duca then W Virginia 41 Boise and anshan in super containers all in that order from mega containers aswell as flags and some coal 

now is this just a coincidence that other people are getting the same ships or are they rigged

Some of the data are here. Have a look at the thread.

And in this thread, people show what they have whaled. (For data.)

From the looks of it, Poi, Ochu-kov, and Duca are quite common.

Along with some "unpopular" mid tier ships.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[BLESS]
1,297 posts
11,652 battles

The ships drop in fixed order. Yudachi is ship no 1 from the Mega gift boxes, and so on. There may or may not be some "chance" but the probability of anything else is vanishingly small.

Is it rigged? Depends. You may have thought that the probability to drop any ship on the list was constant (box no. 1 or no. 50, the same), and I would have assumed it, but WG just said: "you will get one of the ships on this list". That's it. To the letter of what they guaranteed, they fulfilled the obligation. 

[151ST]
114 posts
3,051 battles

Are the Santa crates rigged? Depends if you want the long or short answer.

Long answer: Yes they are.

Short answer: Yes

Edited by Davey77
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[IJN]
308 posts
5,135 battles
55 minutes ago, Metal_illness said:

ochacev or whatever its called.

Ochakov.

Ochacev sounds like a scandanavian name.

7 posts
662 battles

they are loot boxes.... since when are the odds not rigged in favor of making players spend more money for a randomized chance of getting what they want instead of being able to directly buy what they want and be done with it?

[HKN]
58 posts
5,989 battles

WG: Working as Intended. 

I am surprised people are still falling for it, either they don't know WG well enough or are "very curious". 

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,455 battles
20 minutes ago, MrJJ_sniper said:

WG: Working as Intended. 

I am surprised people are still falling for it, either they don't know WG well enough or are "very curious". 

I wouldn't blame the honest hard working patrons, some players save their money all year long to spend on the xmas event.

We should be joining together in unity, saying to WG hey this is wrong.

If they are afraid of overloading the MM with over powered broken ultra rare ships, so they use subterfuge to pretend offer them, that's a SHAME ON THEM, NOT the innocent hard working patron.

And if a patron buys x amount of xmas crates every year and still gets nothing, then WG really need to look at their system and go ok, we need to fairly and evenly distribute these OP MM breaking ships.

Some patrons have none, some have one, some have a few, some have all.

Not use a pay wall to force money out of the patron.

[-FUN-]
464 posts
7,668 battles

If it's true they are rigged to some shortlisted ships first, my problem is other than how the boxes are being explained also how WG took advantage of Youtube contributor reviewer dynamics.

In Youtube, one would see near random as contributors usually have many premium ships already (most likely the ones in shortlist)

But, most players don't, so they will get the shortlist first without knowing they would.

Moreover, by putting enough (trash, meh) ships in such shortlist, WG can effectively control what ships would drop. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed (or plan to change) shortlist each year 

This is false marketing if not complete scam, topped off previous Paytorico fiesta

If anyone can report them violating Consumer Protection Act or something in their jurisdiction please do so.

Edited by zergling_

[TDA]
181 posts
13,078 battles
12 minutes ago, zergling_ said:

If it's true they are rigged to some shortlisted ships first, my problem is other than how the boxes are being explained also how WG took advantage of Youtube contributor reviewer dynamics.

In Youtube, one would see near random as contributors usually have many premium ships already (most likely the ones in shortlist)

But, most players don't, so they will get the shortlist first without knowing they would.

Moreover, by putting enough (trash, meh) ships in such shortlist, WG can effectively control what ships would drop. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed (or plan to change) shortlist each year 

This is false marketing if not complete scam, topped off previous Paytorico fiesta

If anyone can report them violating Consumer Protection Act or something in their jurisdiction please do so.

^ This, this, this and this.  You can even see the rigged list as it pops out of the Santa crates.  Yet to see any image or video of a ship outside the shortlist (which is 3-4 ships) appear in a santa crate of any kind.

Good to see some CC's use accounts without said ships to show what typical customers would actually get.

[NZAUS]
Alpha Tester
23 posts
1,616 battles

Well I bought 60 containers and didnt win a single ship....The first 5 containers were just Zulu flags. Never again!!

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
361 posts
8,782 battles

The cheap boxes have always had the lowest drop rate for ships, but not one ship for 60 of them is definitely bad luck. Last year, when I didn't have many ships at all, I got 2 ships from 100 cheap crates. But I didn't buy the cheap crates for ships - I bought them for the signal flags and the coal/gold they drop (at a reasonable rate). If you want to win ships, you are best off buying the mega crates, but even then there are no guarantees because it is still just gambling after all.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,561 posts
5,455 battles

The entire reason is because WG don't want to damage their MM battles with xmas spending players getting to use the rare GOD OP ships THEY created, tested AND released to then REMOVE.

WG have the power to nerf and buff them, but no they prefer for a select few to have these powerful ships, and the bottom feeder masses can go suck an egg.

Yes I am willing to drop $100 on the chance of getting an Enterprise, Belfast, Musashi, Kronshtad etc.....

WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE, THAT IS....

[NYANG]
47 posts

everyone including me who bought santa box got yudachi and makarov. fxxk you WG

• Thanks 1

[LBAS]
1,926 posts
3,663 battles
17 hours ago, Metal_illness said:

The entire reason is because WG don't want to damage their MM battles with xmas spending players getting to use the rare GOD OP ships THEY created, tested AND released to then REMOVE.

WG have the power to nerf and buff them, but no they prefer for a select few to have these powerful ships, and the bottom feeder masses can go suck an egg.

Yes I am willing to drop $100 on the chance of getting an Enterprise, Belfast, Musashi, Kronshtad etc.....

WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE, THAT IS....

You need to add more two zero on the $100. There your 0.01% chance.

Its so damn weird how WG create OP ship then remove it. Its unfair for player, this is unicum conspiracy. They keep anti CV so there is no way we can counter the OP ship

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this