Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

BBs in queues

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,542
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles

I have the German EU twitch stream on beside me as I am playing.

Just caught a glimpse of the ships in queue.

Almost 300 BBs, less than 30 cruisers, less than 20 CV, DDs was obsured.

I don't know what that means...

It just gave me an eye widening moment.

Or perhaps a Spock-like one eyebrow raise.

Either way... I wonder what this means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Member
94 posts
27,429 battles

EU server prime time and players are testing the thicc US BBs. It means time for you to sleep Max :Smile_trollface:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
836
[SMOKE]
Member
2,511 posts
18,035 battles

not much of a difference on this server , lately I routinely see 200+, 300+ BB on the queue when there's might be around 20 to 25 CV and even less Cruiser and yet even less DD

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[AN-DO]
Member
734 posts
10,819 battles

Yesterday evening playing high tiers on Asia there were approx 200 BBs, 20CVs, 10CA/CLs and 5DDs so the glut of BBs is everywhere, it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy though, With lots of CVs most people don't want to play DD, which means cruisers have less of a role, With no DDs BBs are very comfortable, and with so many BBs nobody wants to play cruisers since they are BB food, and since there are no cruisers it makes it easy for CVs so nobody wants to play DDs and the loop continues.

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,062
[LBAS]
Member
2,064 posts
3,738 battles
6 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

Yesterday evening playing high tiers on Asia there were approx 200 BBs, 20CVs, 10CA/CLs and 5DDs so the glut of BBs is everywhere, it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy though, With lots of CVs most people don't want to play DD, which means cruisers have less of a role, With no DDs BBs are very comfortable, and with so many BBs nobody wants to play cruisers since they are BB food, and since there are no cruisers it makes it easy for CVs so nobody wants to play DDs and the loop continues.

That is because CV got nerfed a lot that BB is infesting the game. DD is not hard counter to BB. Its CV, who blap BB in second. Back in RTS era CA is so damn usefull because AA have deterrent effect. 

Rework is not harmfull for DD until they introduce Rocket. 

 

I told ya, buff AP Bomb and BB will be reduced. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[BONED]
Member
790 posts
9,757 battles

I still want to play Oster and Halland.

Its an early Xmas.

Sleeping Giant has been an incredible map. Going into the cap on the west side and pew-pewing the bbs lined up on the 2 line. Then sailing around through the centre and torping them from behind.  

Edited by Puggsley
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
86 posts
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I don't know what that means...

It just gave me an eye widening moment

It mean you are looking at the wrong region, you should open the stream/website that more about Asia server side  :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween:

 

 

sorry, cant help myself to push in like this

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[WGPLS]
Member
197 posts
4,481 battles

I saw up to 153 BBs high tiers last night, so I immediately stopped waiting in Repub and queued up in Asashio instead.

Edited by FatFluffyPenguin
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
163
[TF44]
Member
207 posts
1,944 battles
6 minutes ago, FatFluffyPenguin said:

I saw up to 153 BBs high tiers last night, so I immediately stopped waiting in Repub and queued up in Asashio instead.

I had a game yesterday where we had 6 DDs. My team had 3 Asashio's and the enemy had a Lightning and 2 Akizuki? (whatever the Japanese VIII gunboat DD is). It wasn't pretty.

But yeah, it's a quick queue for cruisers and destroyers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[WGPLS]
Member
197 posts
4,481 battles
1 minute ago, CarvinMarvin said:

I had a game yesterday where we had 6 DDs. My team had 3 Asashio's and the enemy had a Lightning and 2 Akizuki? (whatever the Japanese VIII gunboat DD is). It wasn't pretty.

But yeah, it's a quick queue for cruisers and destroyers.

If Asashio fails, my DFAA Full Rudder Mod Smolensk is always my second option for BB tears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[BONED]
Member
790 posts
9,757 battles
1 minute ago, FatFluffyPenguin said:

If Asashio fails, my DFAA Full Rudder Mod Smolensk is always my second option for BB tears

Presumably no-one else on your team gets shot at while you are alive?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[WGPLS]
Member
197 posts
4,481 battles
10 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

Presumably no-one else on your team gets shot at while you are alive?

 

 

I think I've gotten up to 3.5 million tanked damage before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,542
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles
7 hours ago, SardineFish said:

EU server prime time and players are testing the thicc US BBs. It means time for you to sleep Max :Smile_trollface:

What is this "slee - up" you speak of? Is it that horrible place where you can't click on things and get XP? Sounds awful!

6 hours ago, Mechfori said:

not much of a difference on this server , lately I routinely see 200+, 300+ BB on the queue when there's might be around 20 to 25 CV and even less Cruiser and yet even less DD

Yeah I mean I haven't been playing that close attention lately but I thought the "BB sniper" issue was something that people accused SEA of....

 

3 hours ago, Davey77 said:

It means one should be playing dd and feasting.

Ya.

1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

It mean you are looking at the wrong region, you should open the stream/website that more about Asia server side  :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween: :cap_haloween:

 

 

sorry, cant help myself to push in like this

I graze across a wide range of streamers 😛

 

 

I just kind of wondered if WG sees things that are "too popular" (or whatever) they say they take steps to increase diversity...

And so... BBs seem VERY popular...

Remove BBs!? @dejiko_nyo maybe you could make a thread about removing BBs?

You know, for diversity of play.

Health of game.

Balanz.

Or the lulz I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
86 posts
11 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I graze across a wide range of streamers

I am officially declared you are stalker I mean troller  :Smile_sceptic:

:Smile_trollface:

 

Top of Australia Most Wanted list with Interpol pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,542
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,159 posts
23,993 battles
6 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I am officially declared you are stalker I mean troller  :Smile_sceptic:

:Smile_trollface:

 

Top of Australia Most Wanted list with Interpol pls

Can't TROLL your target unless you STALK your target first!

 

ollesafeee.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,629
[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,018 posts
13,735 battles

This is not a new thing.

Remember the french BB event? The queue was full of Lyon, Richie, and Alsace.

When Kitakaze & Harugumo were released, the queue was also full of them.

As I said in the other threads, most of the credit farming ships happen to be BBs. So yeah go figure.:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
215
[LGND]
Member
569 posts
13,714 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

This is not a new thing.

Remember the french BB event? The queue was full of Lyon, Richie, and Alsace.

When Kitakaze & Harugumo were released, the queue was also full of them.

As I said in the other threads, most of the credit farming ships happen to be BBs. So yeah go figure.:Smile_hiding:

but the queue if im not wrong never reach 300 ships.... usually stay in 100~150 ships....
300 BBs is overkill 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,182
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,498 posts
11,896 battles
7 hours ago, Davey77 said:

It means one should be playing dd and feasting.

DD's are not a counter to BB's in the slightest.  If they were a real counter to BB's - the highest effective health class in the game by a huge margin - they would have comfortably the highest average damage.  DD's actually have the lowest average damage, being less than half that of BB's. 

There is no counter to BB's.  Everyone can chip away at them, but no class actually counters them.

I saw 350 BB's on last night in the high tier queue - to be fair this was elevated because of the new BB line release, but I have been seeing consistently 150-200 for months now, and that is not related to the new line at all.

The BB overpopulation causes a static and boring meta, and games with less BB's have generally much more interesting movement and game play, and are better battles to play in. 

So why are battleships so popular?  The reasons are simple, and it is not just because they are a very powerful class - the main reason is that battleships are a comfortable safe space for many players.  The class coddles you as everything happens relatively slowly, small mistakes that would get a cruiser or destroyer killed or neutered go relatively unpunished, and even huge mistakes in positioning give you a minute or two to get used to the idea that you're about to die, rather than suffering the mental shear of the near instant death that a similarly monumental mistake would give you in a cruiser or destroyer.

In this way, battleships are a bit like playing playing the game while snuggling your favourite cuddly toy from when you were a kid - they just make the experience a bit more comfortable, even the unpleasant stuff.

What we need is a mechanic that will cause BB captains to feel in real threat of the potential sudden end of their existence if they make a small mistake.  I would suggest something like making torpedoes able to critically hit BB's only, and making them much more vulnerable to deletion from BB AP salvos if angled wrong.

WG need to fix the BB overpopulation - it is getting absurd, and it is the biggest issue with the game right now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
836
[SMOKE]
Member
2,511 posts
18,035 battles
20 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

...

WG need to fix the BB overpopulation - it is getting absurd, and it is the biggest issue with the game right now.

actually I came across my record last night in a game of 11 vs 11 , T8/T9 , guess what , 1 CV, 1 Cruiser and 1 DD per team, and all the others , well ................. got to witness a show of Napoleonic infantry play , line abreast  , fire away

Edited by Mechfori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
801
[BLESS]
Member
1,463 posts
12,817 battles

300 BB is not uncommon on SEA these days, is pretty insane. At least MM waits around to fill up the teams with other ships also.

If you play DD, its a bit of an odd situation. Plenty of BBs, but CV and 12km radar also. Enemy tends to camp and bunch up because of cvs, so long range spammy torps are the way to go imo.

 

Edited by Rina_Pon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,360
[TLS]
Member
4,866 posts
21,287 battles

#removeBBs

On a more serious note, CVs are supposed to be the BB counter that we are all looking for. But instead, they become a version of the Pentagon Wars instead. 

Edited by dejiko_nyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[151ST]
Member
189 posts
4,339 battles
31 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

DD's are not a counter to BB's in the slightest.  If they were a real counter to BB's - the highest effective health class in the game by a huge margin - they would have comfortably the highest average damage.  DD's actually have the lowest average damage, being less than half that of BB's. 

There is no counter to BB's.  Everyone can chip away at them, but no class actually counters them.

I saw 350 BB's on last night in the high tier queue - to be fair this was elevated because of the new BB line release, but I have been seeing consistently 150-200 for months now, and that is not related to the new line at all.

The BB overpopulation causes a static and boring meta, and games with less BB's have generally much more interesting movement and game play, and are better battles to play in. 

So why are battleships so popular?  The reasons are simple, and it is not just because they are a very powerful class - the main reason is that battleships are a comfortable safe space for many players.  The class coddles you as everything happens relatively slowly, small mistakes that would get a cruiser or destroyer killed or neutered go relatively unpunished, and even huge mistakes in positioning give you a minute or two to get used to the idea that you're about to die, rather than suffering the mental shear of the near instant death that a similarly monumental mistake would give you in a cruiser or destroyer.

In this way, battleships are a bit like playing playing the game while snuggling your favourite cuddly toy from when you were a kid - they just make the experience a bit more comfortable, even the unpleasant stuff.

What we need is a mechanic that will cause BB captains to feel in real threat of the potential sudden end of their existence if they make a small mistake.  I would suggest something like making torpedoes able to critically hit BB's only, and making them much more vulnerable to deletion from BB AP salvos if angled wrong.

WG need to fix the BB overpopulation - it is getting absurd, and it is the biggest issue with the game right now.

I guess hitting a broadside with 5 - 15 fish isn't a counter to BB's then......😕

Edited by Davey77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,360
[TLS]
Member
4,866 posts
21,287 battles

Getting hit by a fishy broadside means that either 1) you are a terrible camper or 2) dueling in CQC. 

Torpedoes are hit or miss weapons subjected to Casino house roles. Much like pokies machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×