You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TangoDango

Feedback Thread for Update 0.9.11

Feedback Thread for Update 0.9.11  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Do you enjoy 0.9.11 update overall?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like it
    • I don't like it at all
  2. 2. Do you like American Battleships?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  3. 3. Do you like Winter Trophies?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  4. 4. Do you like new Brawls?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  5. 5. Do you like Armory update?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  6. 6. Do you like Single Game Client?

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  7. 7. Do you like Visual Improvements & Other changes

• I love it!
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all

7 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
131 posts
2,133 battles

Hello commanders,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

American Battleships
Winter Trophies
Brawls
Armory
Single Game Client
Visual Improvements & Other changes

Please check the details here: https://worldofwarships.asia/news/?category=game-updates

If you encounter any bugs, please comment here.

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

The new USN BB dreadnoughts  need some minor speed buffs especially starting from Kansas, It is too slow to move around with the team at its tier.

Would be nice to increase  the speed by 5% making it about 24knots  at least. 

Edited by Gummiheng

42 posts
1,963 battles

The new American battleship seems a bit weak now, and the 40s load and 23 knots speed was simply unacceptable. Although it is undeniable that their 457mm caliber main gun group can cause high damage on other ships. But their armor is useless when ship is on fire. Take Thunderer as an example, if Vermont gives Thunderer a bad angle, Thunderer can use it’s HE shell cause 10K damage per shot with fire(sometimes 2 or 3); If Vermont gives Thunderer a broadside... well, Thunderer can use it’s AP shell cause high damage on Vermont. However, does Vermont has any good countermeasures against Thunderer? If Thunderer doesn't take mistakes and know how to keep distance and how to avoid shells by it’s stupid flexible rudder. Vermont can not make any damage on Thunderer——Even Vermont uses it’s He shells, because it’s 40s reload. Also, Vermont’s speed can not help it to get closer to thunderer——It is too slow!!!!!

You may think that Vermont can take high damage on cruisers, well, it is, but are there so many stupid cruisers really don’t know how to avoid attack from the BBs out of the 20km in Tire X random battles? Can players really catch every chance? 

[KNCOL]
210 posts
5,839 battles

why is  the option to set autopilot course on minimap for CV  removed?  at least make it a toggleable option in Settings

• Cool 1

[SSN]
3 posts
11,997 battles

The new US BB line doesn't at all fit the meta. Slow, low maneuverable and huge. all are negative factors considering the HE spamming cruisers and even Battleships now. It doesn't matter if you have a devastating broadside if you can't get to the needed flank in the needed time. when it turns broadside it eats citadels like crazy. At least give it the half cooldown on the heal to make it more playable. With the state of the match making right now, it is hard not to make a mistake of going to the weak flank and have to turn back. If I play a CV and go into some flak it's some planes I loose which I regenerate. but ships loose HP and get killed. So in my opinion the current state of US BBs is not fine. it's just good becuase it has good duns and that's all you can say for the ship.

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,369 battles

I dislike US battleship for one reason : it is ASIA server, and the devs release a line specifically to hang back and snipe.

Impressive range, respectable sigma and accuracy as the line progress, slow moving, great AA, monstrous alpha all lead to a ship that make sniping comfortable.

I wholeheartedly against this kind of balancing. Sure it shoot slowly and move slowly, but the excessive range allow bots/passive campers to sit back and still do something anyway.

No, just no. This is clearly wrong. The line is clearly broken. Not OP, sure. But boring to play and to fight against.

• Thanks 1

[-CAT-]
3,392 posts
13,561 battles

US BB Split

Kansas needs further sigma buff.

Edit: Kansas will receive a sigma buff in update 0.9.12. As well as AP buff.

Good. Good!

Winter Trophies

Replacing daily shipments for winter trophies is ok-ish.

But, would have given 0.9.11 a good or higher score if the developers have been transparent about the lootbox or fixed the rigged lootbox issue.

Giving players their refund is good. But the processing time is extremely slow.

It's as if WG is intentionally forcing players to don't file for a refund and accept that it is their fault for spending too much.

No WG. You are also at fault for not being transparent.

Just because removing a small detail because of "redundancy" or "it is understood", does not mean that everyone knows this detail.

Maybe to players who started playing the game early knows about this practice. But new players who do not know about this will be betrayed.

Thus, new players leaving the game for good, will not further pay for the game, and / or will not recommend the game.

It is just pure laziness. This is not a type writer you know. You do not need to save space for details.

This also falls under false advertisement category.

Armory Updates

The Good

Although the promised was to bring back steel ships in 6 months, it came back 8 to 9 months later.

Still, I'm very happy that they are back, and accompanied with new coal ships.

As well as collection containers.

I do wish Isoroku containers would be added in the armory next time. Thanks.

The Meh

Flint could still go a bit lower. 155,000 to 160,000 coal.

The Bad

Neustrashimy for almost 300,000 coal is absurd price for a former steel ship. 250,000 to 260,000 would be reasonable.

No ship that was removed form both the Armory and Premium shop ever came back, 4 years after the first removed ship.

This needs focus and needs to be addressed.

The Really Bad. Super Bad. Beyond Bad.

Research Bureau. It's still part of the armory.

It is unpopular. Why else would you give away the resource if it is "popular".

It is discriminatory (Dockyard). Paying players will receive the Research Points if they pay for a phase. Even if they have not yer unlocked the Research Bureau (Five tier 10 ships).
While F2P players can not enjoy such treatment. Even in combat missions.

Either remove it or rework it (not rename it) as promised.

We already gave you feedback (since 2019) and suggestions (since patch 0.9.5). Your welcome.

Single Game Client

The only one good thing about the patch is this.

No need to download separate clients per region. Thus saving storage space.

Great Job! Kudos!

Visual Improvements

Depends on the players (especially for new players).

I do notice the banner, but I can not say the same for other players.

Some players still missed out that they can get free stuff or the armory has a new item.

Edited by S0und_Theif