Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

BLUF - Episode 9 - New Mexico (Review)

11 comments in this topic

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles

G'day Folks,

Finally got around to finishing this sucker...

Well, that was interesting... I didn't get the same results as New York...

Hope you folks enjoy!

As usual if you have the time YouTube and Reddit comments/likes are always appreciated, I'll always engage with you!

What do you think? How did you find New Mexico?

Interested to hear your opinions, because I know there's a couple of people out there who may not agree with me and I'd love to understand why...

• Cool 3

[TF44]
207 posts
1,944 battles

Well I'm certainly inspired to push through my Wyoming to the next two ships (not).

Free XPing modules on a tier 6. That's harsh man.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

Funnily enough, I find New Mexico to be more enjoyable than New York. Yes the guns are notoriously inaccurate, but the more compact gun distribution seems to suit my preference better.

Although unlike Izmail (comparison is based on the inaccurate guns for sniping), New Mexico is less likely to eat citadel hits from weird angles.

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles
3 hours ago, CarvinMarvin said:

Well I'm certainly inspired to push through my Wyoming to the next two ships (not).

Free XPing modules on a tier 6. That's harsh man.

Yep.

Having said that I'm a big advocate of using FXP for module upgrades. I usually recommend on most ships at least getting one module with FXP.

48 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Funnily enough, I find New Mexico to be more enjoyable than New York. Yes the guns are notoriously inaccurate, but the more compact gun distribution seems to suit my preference better.

Although unlike Izmail (comparison is based on the inaccurate guns for sniping), New Mexico is less likely to eat citadel hits from weird angles.

I find Izmail better... Although definitely less tanky from the side.

Fuso, QE and Bayern are just too good, the only ship I'd even consider fighting for bottom of T6 BBs is Normandie but honestly, I find Normandie better than New Mex. Although I do miss NM turrets on Fuso/Izmail/Normandie.

All IMO of course.

Honestly I reckon if New Mex had 0.1 to 0.2 better sigma she'd feel more like a progression from New York and would probably be much closer to middle of the pack at T6.

Having said all that, I didn't struggle to get decent scores but it was very frustrating at times. I really wanted to like her 😕

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

Back in 2017 or something like that, before MN or VMF or probably even RN BB line, I thought that Mew Mex is the best T6 BB.

Now I don't know. I don't particularly enjoy any T6 BB, mostly because I now fight at high tiers (and I barely like ships below T6 anyway). I don't grind IJN BBs, stopped US and RN lines at T8, don't care about Bias line, don't like Normandie, don't even keep Bayern. I have only PEF as any T6 BB. Andrea Doria would unlikely be the new "everyone's favorite".

Now there is a whole branch of high tier New Mex.

A whole branch.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Back in 2017 or something like that, before MN or VMF or probably even RN BB line, I thought that Mew Mex is the best T6 BB.

Now I don't know. I don't particularly enjoy any T6 BB, mostly because I now fight at high tiers (and I barely like ships below T6 anyway). I don't grind IJN BBs, stopped US and RN lines at T8, don't care about Bias line, don't like Normandie, don't even keep Bayern. I have only PEF as any T6 BB. Andrea Doria would unlikely be the new "everyone's favorite".

Now there is a whole branch of high tier New Mex.

A whole branch.

Each to their own, I love mid tier ships.

Although I do hope you enjoy the new US BBs, I don't mind Kansas, she's just slow and so comes with all those perks.

I liked New Mex's shells and turrets and her rudder was something you don't realise is great until you play another T6.

She was just eclipsed in every major way that meant something IMO. 😕

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
7 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Although I do hope you enjoy the new US BBs

Are you kidding me? I absolutely hate slow and sluggish ships. That's why I am a damn CR main. I really dislike playing most BBs and am bad at DDs. I used 100k FXP to skip Colorado purely because she is too damn slow.

I evn diss Akizuki, Jutland and Daring because they're slow AF.

23 knots BBs at T8, 9 and 10? I don't even tolerate 27 knots!

Edited by Paladinum

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles
12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Are you kidding me? I absolutely hate slow and sluggish ships. That's why I am a damn CR main. I really dislike playing most BBs and am bad at DDs. I used 100k FXP to skip Colorado purely because she is too damn slow.

I evn diss Akizuki, Jutland and Daring because they're slow AF.

23 knots BBs at T8, 9 and 10? I don't even tolerate 27 knots!

LOL, totes thought because you rated NM that you were getting pumped for them... hahahahaha

Personally I don't particularly like slow ships but if they have something else that works for them I can manage.

[LBAS]
1,099 posts
5,539 battles

Loved that ship back in 2016 even after the matchmaking changes.

After playing some of the newer battleship lines with faster speed and faster reloading guns, it's more of a nostalgic memory now :cap_tea:

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
Just now, S4pp3R said:

LOL, totes thought because you rated NM that you were getting pumped for them... hahahahaha

I liked (past tense) New Mex because of her guns, not her speed. At the time, she was the only T6 BB that I had (I think), and since I don't have Fuso (and never will), I thought I really liked (past tense) New Mex. I can't remember, but I could have thought she was very tanky as well.

I am not saying that NM is the best at that time, I just liked (past tense) the ship. Now I don't even like T6 BBs.

Again, that was a long time ago (2016-2017), but that much I remember.

21 knots is workable in a T5-6 match. That's it.

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles
28 minutes ago, EnochIsHere said:

Loved that ship back in 2016 even after the matchmaking changes.

After playing some of the newer battleship lines with faster speed and faster reloading guns, it's more of a nostalgic memory now :cap_tea:

Yeah even other 'slow' BBs at the same tier I usually found that their guns were more reliable, which was sad.

15 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I liked (past tense) New Mex because of her guns, not her speed. At the time, she was the only T6 BB that I had (I think), and since I don't have Fuso (and never will), I thought I really liked (past tense) New Mex. I can't remember, but I could have thought she was very tanky as well.

I am not saying that NM is the best at that time, I just liked (past tense) the ship. Now I don't even like T6 BBs.

Again, that was a long time ago (2016-2017), but that much I remember.

21 knots is workable in a T5-6 match. That's it.

You didn't have to clarify quite so much mate 😛

I got the idea when you clarified, lol.

Sign in to follow this