Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

0.9.11 Hits today

12 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,378 posts
15,835 battles

For those who download the current patch update in advance, You'll have to wait for a few days for the maintenance, that is all.

[FISH]
166 posts
32,716 battles

I didn't want to update in advance, well not right now that is, I wanted to play, could have updated any other time. However, for some reason it wouldn't let me play until I updated while my friend beside me has been playing throughout. What kind of BS is this? Wish the devs would just come to accept their incompetence and stop experimenting with this thing. Ridiculous.

[LBAS]
3,378 posts
15,835 battles
15 minutes ago, devil667 said:

I didn't want to update in advance, well not right now that is, I wanted to play, could have updated any other time. However, for some reason it wouldn't let me play until I updated while my friend beside me has been playing throughout. What kind of BS is this? Wish the devs would just come to accept their incompetence and stop experimenting with this thing. Ridiculous.

Servers will not be available tommorow. WGC is also getting a big patch for the single game client.

[FISH]
166 posts
32,716 battles
39 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Servers will not be available tommorow. WGC is also getting a big patch for the single game client.

What do you mean? WGC just got updated to 9.11 . Made me wait and download then install for no good reason. Could have just downloaded it later at night. Besides how come it was mandatory for me to DL but my friend beside me didnt have to thus far. :S

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,870 battles

With this patch, they've changed the way they do the patching to go along with the single game client.

So we just downloaded and installed 0.9.11 two days earlier than normal.  0.9.11 is currently installed on your computer.  However, 0.9.10 is also installed on your computer, and the patch will change to 0.9.11 with a server side patching at our normal patching time.  In this way they can accommodate four different regions with a single game client, but all with different patching times.  This way they don't have to have server downtime during peak periods on some servers, which is what they'd have to do if they had a single server downtime worldwide.

[151ST]
3,539 posts
11,942 battles

It goes live on Thursday, normal patch day...

I'm still betting on a 2 week update...

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

It goes live on Thursday, normal patch day...

I'm still betting on a 2 week update...

I guessed 1 week off, now I think WG will launch 0.9.12 on Dec 24th. They even make an Advent Calendar and all, which may mean nothing at all, but it is also a possibility.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles
On 12/2/2020 at 7:09 AM, Paladinum said:

I guessed 1 week off, now I think WG will launch 0.9.12 on Dec 24th. They even make an Advent Calendar and all, which may mean nothing at all, but it is also a possibility.

If patch 0.9.12 will be released on the 24th of Dec., and there are bugs, we will need to wait for 3 - 4 weeks until they return to work to fix the bugs.

Also assuming if most of the employee working is on vacation during those 3 - 4 weeks, expect botters, RMT-ers to wreck havoc on those 3 - 4 weeks.

Remember, PR PR fiasco is not only the PR issue (ship and public relations). There was also a botting clan that wrecked havoc during the PR PR fiasco.

Right now the combat mission is until 22nd of Dec. It is unclear if the server patch will also be released on the 22nd or the 24th. But judging from today's server patch, it looks like it will be on the 24th. :fish_book:

Sign in to follow this