Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

Is there a chance Smaland get nerfed?

8 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,799 battles

I'm quite close to 2m FXP by Christmas. I just want to know if you guys think there is any chance it will be nerfed. I'm thinking:

- they may nerf the way radar detects ships

- Fire DMG may be nerfed

- Importance of AA may be nerfed. Ie turn on AA you lose concealment for 20 sec

- Euro Torps may be nerfed

- Another 2m FXP for a stronger tier 10 DD happens

- Another line of DD with radar as standard happens (better than pan Asian). Maybe as a split line.

It's a risky investment.

Edited by sfcgx3

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,866 battles

Premium/Special ships do not get nerfed directly. However, they might get nerfed indirectly from universal changes.
Examples include the IFHE change where certain ships (prems) got hit quite hard.

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- they may nerf the way radar detects ships

If this is done, it's an indirect universal change to how radar works

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- Fire DMG may be nerfed

Same as the above, if this does change, it will be universal on all ships on how fire dmg interacts

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- Importance of AA may be nerfed. Ie turn on AA you lose concealment for 20 sec

What I have only seen about AA related is from a DevBlog post which has been awhile. Again, this might/will be a universal change, not a direct change

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- Euro Torps may be nerfed

If they are indeed changed which is very unlikely, Smaland's torps will be left the way as it is. 

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- Another 2m FXP for tier DD happens

Too early to assume? Smaland on its own is already a strong ship in the right hands. I doubt there would be any other DD which will be on par with Smaland (at what she does), but knowing WG, who knows.

1 hour ago, sfcgx3 said:

- Another line of DD with radar as standard happens (better than pan Asian). Maybe as a split line.

Well, to be honest, I dont see this coming at all. If it does, well, Smaland still has its own gnish.

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles

Well I had no idea if Smaland will or will not get nerfed, but I am fairly certain that WG will yet again provide us with yet more over prized and gimmicky high tier DD that keep asking for price that just do not worth it. Now I am not saying Smaland is a bad boat, but does it really worth that 2 Mil , when 1 mil get you Alaska , the yardstick that all FXP ship now must compare against , can it hope to match its utility, defense capacity, offense capability, ability to consistent deliver ... at twice that.

IMHO all 3 FXP premium DD are over-rated , sure they can do mighty when utilized in specific situation , Frisk is great at smoke and gun , but lack of torp is a major handicap and the turret placement mean a lot of the time you had only 2 gun able to hit the enemy , especially if maneuvering. That goes the same for Smaland , and the flip side is Halland its counterpart sitting at T10 tech tree are no sludge and got a longer reaching torp , so you are after the Radar, but there is another T10 DD having Radar , T10 Asian tech tree DD Yueyang, I know people keep saying its nerfed to irrelevant , am not seeing it that way. if you are into using those Radar , then for the sake of seeking out enemy DD, YY got a 25 second of Radar duration over Smaland's 20, and if you get into a brawl in that kind of range, the nimbleness, better speed of YY can be the key and of course its got 3 turret over Smaland's 2. No its not better than Smaland and not even matching it in AA and reload, but you must decide what kind of play and play style you are after , Halland, YY, and then some others at this tier , all offer something. Smaland offer something different, sure but just as the other two FXP I do not see them as worth all the FXP at all.

Unless you already got it, otherwise, my suggestion still to get the Alaska before its got retired and then you still got 1 mil left to do whatever you fancy

Edited by Mechfori

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,799 battles

Of the FXP ships, I already have Alaska, Nelson and Agir. 

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles
3 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Of the FXP ships, I already have Alaska, Nelson and Agir. 

How do you find Agir, did consider it but ... hmm ... seems its not much or even not worthy for the FXP it asked for

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,799 battles
19 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

How do you find Agir, did consider it but ... hmm ... seems its not much or even not worthy for the FXP it asked for

It fits my style - 75% win rate after 35 games. I really like it. Comparing to other super cruisers I found Agir:

- can tank a lot more damage

- somehow more nimble

- German hydro

- comfortable and accurate guns. I scored more citadels in Agir than in Alaska I think

- acceptable AA, concealment

Lastly it's a cheaper option than Siegfried.

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles

I'm in the same boat, about halfway to getting the 1M FXP i need to get 2M in the kitty by Xmas hopefully.

They could change it all, but that is the risk on pretty much everything in the game.

Don't have the Alaska though, but I am not the most keen CA/L player. 

Sign in to follow this