You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KwsQRina

Aft or ce for 4th skill for blyskawica?

9 comments in this topic

[TS_DD]
25 posts
3,237 battles

1 point away from getting 10 points, with ce its still has terrible conceal of 6.8km but at least safer but still get out spotted by everything, with aft i can play it like a russian gun boat so i can atleast do some dmg and not get outspotted and just die, and grinding the captain is just pain so any suggestions or which one to choose and why?

[-CAT-]
3,381 posts
13,528 battles
13 minutes ago, KwsQRina said:

1 point away from getting 10 points, with ce its still has terrible conceal of 6.8km but at least safer but still get out spotted by everything, with aft i can play it like a russian gun boat so i can atleast do some dmg and not get outspotted and just die, and grinding the captain is just pain so any suggestions or which one to choose and why?

CE is a must for DD at point 10.

You can get AFT later.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles

AFT can wait tho.

You have to run CE for most destroyers.

[TS_DD]
25 posts
3,237 battles

hmmm i see then,  ill go with ce even though aft is pretty tempting

Edited by KwsQRina

[151ST]
3,536 posts
11,913 battles
4 hours ago, KwsQRina said:

hmmm i see then,  ill go with ce even though aft is pretty tempting

Standard 10 point build for DDs is PM, LS, SE, CE.

In this game concealment is king, on all DDs and CL/As get CE first up at 10 points. Most BBs you want it as well but can go FP first, either way 14 points would have both for BBs.

AFT for Blysca and most DDs is not a thing. The reason is it's situationally useful at best and your job isn't to be sitting back shooting all match, it's to spot and contest.

This is why CE is so important, even if you have poor concealment you are doing it to reduce the gap between you and other DDs. a 2-300m gap is something you can use your speed to close, a 500-1000m gap in concealment among DDs and you are no longer in the fight.

If you want to sit back and use guns at 14km, go play a Cruiser.

The other part about not taking AFT is that DDs have need for so many skills.

3-pointers on Blysca that are great: SE, SI, DE and BFT.

2-pointers on Blysca that are great: LS, AR, EM...

And if you want a good 4-pointer, go RL and learn how to use it.

Basically AFT in this situation is a really poor choice for Blysca.

You have so many other skills that will give you better returns, I would advise against AFT.

Edited by S4pp3R

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,756 battles

The only destroyer line I go aft is the Russian gunboat line. The point is shooting at 14km makes you a smaller target than 12km and much harder to hit.

The big downside is you cannot cap especially in early game. Hence I got a lot of angry feedback ingame.

But it's highly effective in today's BB heavy meta. DE is a sweetener on top.

Now whether it applies to Blyskawica I think maybe because her shells are closer to Russian DD.

[BLESS]
1,450 posts
12,772 battles

I play a LOT of Blyskawica!

To echo the other comments - CE. AFT you don't take at all, never do on any DD outside of the Russian line, with the possible exception of Friesland.

Your basic 19 pt Blys build (with a view to playing on Friesland and Halland also)  is

PM, [PT last 4 points]

LS,  AR

SE, BFT, [SI last 4 points]

CE

[Depending on what other ships the captain will go on, you may replace AR with EM - it is not needed on Halland or Friesland, but is helpful on Ostergotland and Blyskawica herself]

BFT is nice because its an AA buff (useful on Euro line) as well as a DPM buff. You can argue to take SI first and BFT later, but I like my dakka dakka. With BFT and AR kicking in, your damage output gets downright vicious.

Taking AFT would extend the gun range from 12 km to 14.4 km. I don't know how the ballistics would look at that range, I imagine you could still hit BBs okay, and Blys is a good firestarter so it would be effective, but it would reduce the ships role considerably. To make it worth it, you'd have to be playing a good deal of the game at >12 km, which devalues your other assets, torps and smoke. 

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,515 battles

always take CE as your 10th point unless you are playing a CV, and even then taking CE for IJN CVs is actually a ok choice