Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

​📰​ ST 0.10.0, changes to new skill system (Final Update. Probably.)

60 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles

ST 0.10.0, changes to new skill system

Commanders!
We would like to thank you for your feedback that allowed us to improve the new commander skill system! Today would like to update you on the changes we've made since the initial announcement.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Summary of the new skill system features:

Each commander will have a separate skill section for each ship type. Skill points are distributed separately within each section.
    Only the skill set for the ship type being played is active in battle.
    As skills have become more specialized, and their total number has increased, the maximum number of skill points was increased from 19 to 21

More details about the new system can be found in the Development Blog: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/70

We are planning to update the skill system in update 0.10.0

What has changed?

Economics

The cost of retraining for doubloons was reduced from 750 to 500 doubloons.
    As commander retraining now costs half the amount of XP, the ability to accelerate retraining time using credits was removed.
    Commanders with less than the maximum number of skill points (<21) will earn additional Elite Commander XP equivalent to 5% of the received commander XP.

Skills:

We've updated the skill sections for each ship type.
    Skills were distributed in each section within particular categories:
        Attack
        Defense
        Support (only for aircraft carriers)
    Enhanced skills were adjusted to the new system.

The updated list of commander skills can be found here: Commander skills' matrix .
Please note: The names of the skills are not final and may change.

With the release of update 0.10.0, for the duration of the update, you will be able to reset commander skills for free, and the retraining cost in doubloons will be discounted by 50%/

After the commander skill system update we will keep a close eye on the performance of all ships and make changes if deemed necessary.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/104

Edited by S0und_Theif
Adding commander skill matrix

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles

FAQs

Question Answer
Will my 19 skill point commander become a 21 skill point commander with the release of the system?  No, after the update the number of skill points of your 19-skill point commanders won't be changed.
Battlecruisers that used many BB skills can no longer use them. How will this be adressed? Yes, these ships will no longer be able to use some of the BB skills, mainly survivability ones. However, instead there will be some new skills that enhance their attack performance. For example:
  • Armor-Piercing Cruiser (The maximum damage of AP shells with a caliber of 190mm and higher +7%)
  • Armament Reload Expert (When an enemy is detected within the base detectability range of your ship: Main battery reload time -8%; Secondary battery reload time -10%,)
  • Brawler (Increases the ship’s parameters if there are more visible enemy ships than allied ships within your ship's base main caliber firing range: Maximum dispersion of main battery shells -10%, ship's maximum speed +8%)
  • Demoman (Maximum damage of main battery HE and SAP shells +10%; Detectability range of a ship with main battery guns with a caliber higher than 149 mm +15%.)
Why did you remove BFT and AFT from the cruiser skill tree? This will greatly affect cruisers with small calibers. These skills were useful for a small number of cruisers, and in the new system we want almost all skills to be useful for ships within the class. Instead of BFT and AFT we added some other ones, like Demoman (Maximum damage of main battery HE and SAP shells +10%, Detectability range of a ship with main battery guns with a caliber higher than 149 mm +15%), which will be useful for light cruisers. This skill, and some other ones are particularly useful for cruisers with small caliber guns.
Nevertheless, we'll keep an eye on these ships after the skill system update and make changes if deem necessary.
Why did you nerf the secondaries skill accuracy bonus? Now the skill doesn't depend on the ship's tier and doesn't reduce the number of targets to a single one. We consider it to be even more useful for secondary-spec battleships, in spite of the skill's decreased accuracy bonus.
In addition secondary builds have become more diverse. The skill that increases the firing range of secondary batteries (Secondary Armament Balistician) has become one skill point cheaper. We are also planning to increase the base secondary battery firing range for some battleships in the future.
What about the performance gap between players with and without unique commanders?  Unique commanders won't become any stronger after the update of the skill system, because we didn't change their talents. As for the enhanced skills, they were only adjusted to the new skill system. We don't believe that they will become more effective and give a bigger edge to their owners than before.
Why did you leave the Marksman skill on battleships? You encourage passive gameplay! Battleships differ in terms of gameplay - some, like Yamato, are played at distance, dealing damage and providing their team with an HP advantage by the end of the battle. Others, like Kurfurst, are pushing forward to provide a tactical advantage for the team and make enemies retreat. We want our new skill system to be able to emphasize and enhance all these playstyles. Besides, the skill will not change anything much, because if a player likes to stand and fire from long range, he will do it with or without this skill and players who like their battleships to be more of a brawling type will not select it, taking skills that improve close-range performance instead.
Will the skills that enhance standard consumables also affect consumables with special parameters?  Yes. Skills which enhance, for example, standard "Repair Party" or "Smoke Generator", will also affect the "Specialized Repair Teams", "Crawling/Exhaust/Short-Burst Smoike Generator" and other consumables with special parameters.
Do I need to respec all my commanders after release of this feature No, your commander skills will be automatically redistributed to be as close to your previous build as possible. If you are not satisfied with your automatically picked skills, you will be able to redistribute the skills for free for the entire update 0.10.0
If I transfer the commander from a tech-tree battleship to a tech-tree destroyer, will I have to undergo retraining? Yes, the commander will have to undergo retraining in order to be transfered to a different tech-tree ship.
Will I be able to choose skills on all 4 pages fоr one commander, and then transfer him to ships of different types without resetting the skills? Yes, but you may be required to retrain the commander. However, if you transfer the commander to premium ships, no retraining is required
As you are reworking the skill-system now, how about adding templates and the ability to save different skill sets (e.g. one for random battles, one for competitive play)?  We are not planning to implement this at the moment.
Edited by S0und_Theif

[NCOTS]
500 posts
12,568 battles

A huge slap from WG to all the large cruisers

Edited by rookieFTW

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
9 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Battlecruisers that used many BB skills can no longer use them. How will this be adressed?

Bloody hell... There are people who lump CBs with BCs... Bloody hell...

These skills were useful for a small number of cruisers, and in the new system we want almost all skills to be useful for ships within the class. Instead of BFT and AFT we added some other ones, like Demoman (Maximum damage of main battery HE and SAP shells +10%, Detectability range of a ship with main battery guns with a caliber higher than 149 mm +15%), which will be useful for light cruisers. This skill, and some other ones are particularly useful for cruisers with small caliber guns.

Don't know how increasing Detectability for CLs (gun size 150+ mm) will help them AT ALL...

This will only help Atlanta/Colbert and garbage like Small-length.

We are also planning to increase the base secondary battery firing range for some battleships in the future.

German and French BBs getting 10+ km base sec range pls.

Battleships differ in terms of gameplay - some, like Yamato, are played at distance, dealing damage and providing their team with an HP advantage by the end of the battle. Others, like Kurfurst, are pushing forward to provide a tactical advantage for the team and make enemies retreat. We want our new skill system to be able to emphasize and enhance all these playstyles. Besides, the skill will not change anything much, because if a player likes to stand and fire from long range, he will do it with or without this skill and players who like their battleships to be more of a brawling type will not select it, taking skills that improve close-range performance instead.

We will see about that... We will see...

Yes, the commander will have to undergo retraining in order to be transfered to a different tech-tree ship.

What the fffffff-

See? This is what I mentioned in the first blog post: it WILL be more profitable if 3 other ship types for that captain are premium/special.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
5 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Bloody hell... There are people who lump CBs with BCs... Bloody hell...

Yeah, the fact that they can not distinguish the difference between battlecruisers (CC) an large cruiser (CB) is, disturbing.

What the eff WG, not cool man! Not cool!

After seeing that statement, I feel that the department is being run by clowns.

7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Don't know how increasing Detectability for CLs (gun size 150+ mm) will help them AT ALL...

This will only help Atlanta/Colbert and garbage like Small-length.

I think that was the intention from the beginning(?). :fish_book:

Colbert
Austin
Smol length
Dido (?)
Italian CLAA
IJN 100mm
Spakreuzer (But shes 150 mm)
Mendez Nunez
J van Heemskerk

Glorious Smol length must be praised. Russian Bias.

12 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

:fish_cute_2:

13 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

We will see about that... We will see...

WG has no imagination. :Smile_trollface:

14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

What the fffffff-

See? This is what I mentioned in the first blog post: it WILL be more profitable if 3 other ship types for that captain are premium/special.

:etc_swear:

:Smile_izmena:

at the same time

:Smile_facepalm:

[TF44]
207 posts
1,920 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Don't know how increasing Detectability for CLs (gun size 150+) will help them AT ALL...

If I'm understanding it right though that Demoman will have no drawback for Atlanta.

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

Yeah, the fact that they can not distinguish the difference between battlecruisers (CC) an large cruiser (CB) is, disturbing.

What the eff WG, not cool man! Not cool!

After seeing that statement, I feel that the department is being run by clowns.

No, I think the players asked that question, therefore I aimed that complaint at those players. WG know what those people are talking about.

WG have never put a BC as a C before, except Siegfried, and that bothers me.

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG have never put a BC as a C before, except Siegfried, and that bothers me.

Same.

PEF, Hood, Kongou, Amagi, Ishizuchi, Myogi. All were counted / considered as CC but falls under the BB class in the game.

Siegfried as a C in the game bothers me too.

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
29 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15116720

[TF44]
207 posts
1,920 battles

So if I understand this a Mino gains no benefit from AP Cruiser because it has 152mm, and obviously wouldn't want Demoman because no HE but could with Armament Reload Expert go from 18.8 rpm per barrel to 20.3rpm.

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
11 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15116720

You and Sharkbait are the reason why I want this forum to have a block feature - I don't see you and you don't see me, ever again.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
9 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I don't see you and you don't see me, ever again.

tenor.gif?itemid=12074701

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,253 battles

I will need to compare this with the chart I done earlier and post it in the wolves discord about what I think is good and what is junk. I will start with RL is for n00blords.

[O7]
184 posts
18,528 battles

So we gain two Points. I'll recheck but it seems the replacements for Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush and Superintendent have all increased a point so I'm down by one point on my current BB builds.

[O7]
184 posts
18,528 battles

Have they given any indication the captain XP required to get the next two points. (20 and 21)? 

The 18th point is 259K and the 19th point is 300K Capt XP.  So for 20 and 21 it will have to be around maybe 360K and 450K.  Just as well I have so much Elite Capt XP saved up

5,655 posts
9,443 battles

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/105

American cruiser Austin, Tier X:

Number of charger for "Main Battery Reload Booster" consumable changed from 1 to unlimited. 

Well s***

We may have a new DD smasher in the game, bois and grils.

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles

So now we have The Big Three (DD smasher edition).

1. Churchill with his Minotaur
  2. Stalin with his Smolensk
  3. Roosevelt with his Austin

the_big_three-011.thumb.jpg.358ac1bed6613f22f2e6b90475603f4c.jpg

Actually The Big Four if we include Colbert

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG is going SAP crazy. :cap_book:

380158849_treesap.jpg.28a7bbf339e7368d45dcd9edd982f422.jpg

You posted that image twice and only now I understand what it means :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

So now we have The Big Three (DD smasher edition).

1. Churchill with his Minotaur
  2. Stalin with his Smolensk
  3. Roosevelt with his Austin

the_big_three-011.thumb.jpg.358ac1bed6613f22f2e6b90475603f4c.jpg

Actually The Big Four if we include Colbert

Minotaur is 152 mm. She does not count. Mino's counterpart is Worcester and Al. Nevsky but with Ochakov 125 mm / 58 guns instead of 180 mm / 65.

RN CLAA should be 113 mm (4.5 inch), or 133 mm (5.25 inch), or 120 mm (4.7 inch). Guns found in Daring class, or Dido class, or Lightning class respectively.

That new captain skill (plus damage for guns) will not work on the Mino. She will trade concealment while the other 2 does not. (3 including Bert)

Not even the new RN ship, Plymouth, counts. She is also a 152 mm ship.

Austin (and Bert) is 127 mm / 54

Smol length is 130 mm / 58

At the moment the only RN's guns that is comparable to Austin and Smol length are 113 mm / 45 (Daring / Vampire), or 133 mm / 50 (KGV - Conqueror secondary), or 120 mm / 50 (Lightning).

It is unknown if those RN has guns goes beyond / 50 in calibre. :fish_book:

And only the Dido class is real (CLAA ship that was built and served during the war). It is unknown if there are paper projects beyond Dido class / CLAA concepts .

Edited by S0und_Theif

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles

I have read "most" the captain skills rework.

My concerns in the 4 point skills. Concealment is there and it is a guarantee that most (if not, all) players will acquire this skill once they reach their first level 4 captain skill.

My opinion and suggestion, level 4 captain skill should be simplified to 3 skills instead of 6.

Removing concealment skill will make players choose a different level 4 captain skill that will create a different dynamic in the game, rather than a generic choice for their first level 4 point captain skill.

Not many will agree to this statement though, as concealment is baked in into everyone's mind for 5 years and may be difficult to ask for change, as it has become standard practice / behavior to get concealment once they reach their first level 4 captain skill.

What other 2 level 4 captain skills to remove is subject for debate. :fish_book:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles
11 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Minotaur is 152 mm. She does not count. Mino's counterpart is Worcester and Al. Nevsky but with Ochakov 125 mm / 58 guns instead of 180 mm / 65.

RN CLAA should be 113 mm (4.5 inch), or 133 mm (5.25 inch), or 120 mm (4.7 inch). Guns found in Daring class, or Dido class, or Lightning class respectively.

That new captain skill (plus damage for guns) will not work on the Mino. She will trade concealment while the other 2 does not. (3 including Bert)

Not even the new RN ship, Plymouth, counts. She is also a 152 mm ship.

Austin (and Bert) is 127 mm / 54

Smol length is 130 mm / 58

At the moment the only RN's guns that is comparable to Austin and Smol length are 113 mm / 45 (Daring / Vampire), or 133 mm / 50 (KGV - Conqueror secondary), or 120 mm / 50 (Lightning).

It is unknown if those RN has guns goes beyond / 50 in calibre. :fish_book:

And only the Dido class is real (CLAA ship that was built and served during the war). It is unknown if there are paper projects beyond Dido class / CLAA concepts .

You missed my point. 2 of them can drop their gun reload to under 4 seconds. Mino's reload is just 3.3 secs. That kind of RoF is enough to destroy most T10 DDs instantly.

Out of the 3, only Mino can be countered with the conventional tactic (angling). But even then, the incredible reload leaves little to no margin of delay to respond against it. Mino is also the only one out of the 3 to be self sufficient against DDs due to access to radar, and is capable of doing stealth radar in the open.

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,253 battles
10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

I have read "most" the captain skills rework.

My concerns in the 4 point skills. Concealment is there and it is a guarantee that most (if not, all) players will acquire this skill once they reach their first level 4 captain skill.

My opinion and suggestion, level 4 captain skill should be simplified to 3 skills instead of 6.

Removing concealment skill will make players choose a different level 4 captain skill that will create a different dynamic in the game, rather than a generic choice for their first level 4 point captain skill.

Not many will agree to this statement though, as concealment is baked in into everyone's mind for 5 years and may be difficult to ask for change, as it has become standard practice / behavior to get concealment once they reach their first level 4 captain skill.

What other 2 level 4 captain skills to remove is subject for debate. :fish_book:

All concealment extras should be removed. Yes, that includes the module. Concealment should just be automatically baked into the ship rather than the mind of everyone.

• Cool 1

5,655 posts
9,443 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

All concealment extras should be removed. Yes, that includes the module. Concealment should just be automatically baked into the ship rather than the mind of everyone.

When everyone's super, no one will be.

For a Disney villian, he makes a good goddam point.

May as well delete all captain skills and Upgrades and play the ships as they are. That would potentially make all ships more unique.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,253 battles
48 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

When everyone's super, no one will be.

For a Disney villian, he makes a good goddam point.

May as well delete all captain skills and Upgrades and play the ships as they are. That would potentially make all ships more or less unique.

Yes. You may call me Darth Dejiko my apprentice.

Also, the +5% torpedo speed will disadvantage dds that need their torpedoes boosted and making those that are rich, richer. The current absolute +5 knots is actually PERFECTLY FINE. Btw, +5% on 70knots is only 3.5knots extra and if your torps are 40knots, then they are only 2 knots extra. It makes absolutely no difference. In fact, thinking back, this skill now is nerfed heavily and doesn't deserve it's position as 2 points.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this