You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

I will never play Moskva again!

9 comments in this topic

[AN-DO]
368 posts
7,804 battles

My win rate in Moskva is 37% after 27 games played. I played 2 games in her tonight - i thought I learned a way to play her as a long range sniper, but all resulted in low-impact losses. Playing more Moskva will definitely drag my win rate south, so there is no reason for me to play it again. Here are a few things made her such an unplayable ship in the current meta:

- Huuuge surface consealment of 14 km. Why? you only have 220mm guns, 

- Smaaal guns, only 220, and only 9 of them

- Drives like a brick

- A tasty meat to MVR's rocket planes - 10k to 30k salvos per run, even with 3 T10 ship's combined AA

For reference, here's my win rate in other 'similar' cruisers:

- Alaska: 55%, 77 battles

- Yoshino: 58%, 36 battles

- Agir: 76%, 37 btls

- DM Donskoi: 52%, 56 btls

My overall is 54%, 3.7k random btls

This ship is obviously not for me. Then my question to you is, is Stalingrad any good, worth the steel? If Stalingrad feels very similar, I better save my steels for another one, maybe shikishima or FDR.

Edited by sfcgx3

[AUNZN]
50 posts
5,996 battles

It just some ships aren’t suitable to your play style, I have 112 ships and 110 aren’t suitable;)

• Funny 2

[AUS-]
222 posts
10,432 battles

this ship is quite good, the decripsion of this ship say it's " for destroying cruser", belive me hiderburg still struggle when facing this ship at close range no broardside . it's has some strong point for you to take advantage like russian ap pen, russian bias, somehow durable enough for retrean if teammate backstap you.

It don't got torp, so don't yolo with it, if yolo,try to ram. it got rada but you don't espect to use rada in any game, just for backup in bad sutiasion, don't thinks you are support ship, you can solo at any range but beware of enemy number aiming their guns at you, 1 vs 1 is the best event with BB.

Donkoy is more terrible win rate. 

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,377 battles

It's not a bad ship. It's 220mm gun is one of the best performing guns ever put on cruisers.

It will perform consistently across the board no matter the munition choice and will citadel cruiser across the map like BB would.

The problem with Moskva is that it play like a tier 8 BB in a cruiser slot. It need to bow tank most of the time and is CV favorite food.

My advice is to treat it like a sniping tier 8 BB and you will be fine. It's radar is an after thought, don't actively try to close in to use it. It perform best when supporting pushers from afar.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
504 posts
12,686 battles
11 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

I learned a way to play her as a long range sniper

So your playstyle is lean towards long range? It should be the correct style for today's meta, the losses happen might due to you not switching to pushing stance during mid to late game, just my guess, correct me if I am wrong. 

Huuuge surface consealment of 14 km. Why? you only have 220mm guns, 

- Smaaal guns, only 220, and only 9 of them

- Drives like a brick

- A tasty meat to MVR's rocket planes - 10k to 30k salvos per run, even with 3 T10 ship's combined AA

1. The size (IIRC she's bigger than the North Carolina)

2. Actually in terms of normal cruisers its quite big already, only Henri has bigger guns. And they have one of the best ballistics, penetration & overall accuracy (Petro needs close-mid range to have accuracy)

3,4. Indeed, these are what hurts Moskva in the current meta. 

Moskva is a rather flexible cruiser, she can lay down accurate long range shots, snipes cruisers, zone DDs out from cap, as well as lead a push. But you need to be mindful of enemy team's composition, do not bow in + reverse if there's CVs with AP bombs or UK BBs/CAs, those will chunk your HP massively. Currently due to the spike of BB players you should not tank early game, just angle away at long range and provide support. If situations allows, push with other teammates and provide radar if necessary, you need to master the timing of pushing, due to the size and concealment, usually you cannot back up from a push in Moskva. 

I do feel situations became harder for Moskva ever since German CVs are here, I feel my performance decreased and playstyle to be passive for the moment, but still, Moskva is a solid ship. 

Stalingrad any good, worth the steel?

Stalingrad gets an upgrade of everything from Moskva (HP, size, armor, guns, maybe AA), and due to bigger hull the handling is ever worse. Concealments' nearly the same IIRC, Stalingrad also doesn't seem to have hydro, and has a different def AA. But the guns are the best 

Meanwhile I can't make Alaska work...slow velocity guns are my bane

Edited by rookieFTW

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
243 posts
10,498 battles

Have you also thought about the high number of BBs vs CAs, like 7 to 2 or 6-3, may have affected your game play? It has mine. It's like where ever I face, I will always get citz because BBs are everywhere this past month or two.