You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WorIdofWarsheeps

ST) 0.10.0 Lunar new year, Brawls, And other news

22 comments in this topic

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
945 posts
8,701 battles

ST 0.10.0, LUNAR NEW YEAR, BRAWLS, AND OTHER NEWS.

Closed testing of Update 0.10.0 is starting: celebration of the Lunar New Year, Brawls, and other news.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Lunar New Year

The following content is added in honor of the Lunar New Year celebration:

• Pan-Asian Tier IX battleship Wujing (analogue of Alsace) and Pan-Asian Tier VIII aircraft carrier Sanzang (analogue of Saipan) with special "Sha Wujing" and "Tang Sanzang" permanent camouflages. Please, note: if necessary, balance changes may be applied to Wujing.

phpfLBGNl

phpDmDFLa

• 2 new commanders, patches, and flags;

phpEMLAlL

• "Garuda" permanent camouflage for Feng Yang;

phpdDPMdg

• 2 types of "Journey to the West" containers.

phppjdeKiphpooEnic

Dragon port is updated in honor of the holiday.

phpiaGMgB

Brawls:

There will be 2 Brawls in 0.10.0:

• 26 of January 2021 - 1 of February 2021 in "7 vs 7" format on Tier VIII ships
  • 9 of February 2021 - 15 of February 2021 in "7 vs 7" format on Tier VIII ships

Battles will be held in Arms Race mode without aircraft carriers and no more than 2 battleships per team. In order to participate in these Brawls, only the division commander should be a member of a clan: up to 6 mercenaries may be invited to the team.

Other news and changes

• For more clarity, the display of early access ships in the tech tree is updated, as well as the description of their peculiarities;
  • The split of torpedo bombers' aim into segments now depends on the number of planes in the attacking flight. This fixes an issue which prevented the display of some of the lines in the aiming reticle;
  • Pressing the F key after attacking with the last flight in the squadron will lead to skipping the attack animation and transfer control to the ship;
  • The armament interface of Aircraft Carriers in the "Equipment" tab is updated;
  • The game is now being loaded while the video is played on the startup loading screen.
  • Thanks 2

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
94 posts
27,424 battles

What does Garuda have to do with ROC Fen Yang? :cap_wander:

She isn't a KRI ship and IMHO dragon boat is more suitable.

dragon boat.jpg

Edited by SardineFish

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
1 hour ago, WorIdofWarsheeps said:

phpfLBGNl

phpDmDFLa

• 2 new commanders, patches, and flags;

phpEMLAlL

lol

I got 1 right 1 year ago. Mater Tang is a CV.

Sadly, Wujing is not a DD but a BB.

Link:

Forum Link not yet available. Will Post once available.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/101

@S4pp3R

It seems like 10.0 is around Lunar New year. So 10.0 will be late January or Early February.

Lunar New Year is Feb. 12, 2021.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
38 minutes ago, WorIdofWarsheeps said:

Pan-Asian Tier IX battleship Wujing (analogue of Alsace) and Pan-Asian Tier VIII aircraft carrier Sanzang (analogue of Saipan) with special "Sha Wujing" and "Tang Sanzang" permanent camouflages. Please, note: if necessary, balance changes may be applied to Wujing.

Goddammit.

This is getting out of hand. Well, it is always out of hand, it's just getting more ridiculous.

Goddammit.

Edited by Paladinum

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Goddammit.

This is getting out of hand. Well, it always is out of hand, and it's getting more ridiculous.

Goddammit.

Expect more

rediculousness.jpg.832d8476aefc8f46f6185e7b89c0766f.jpg

from WG.

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
94 posts
27,424 battles

While at it, must well introduce sexy foxy & spider spirits ships to complete the series :Smile_teethhappy:

Bajie.jpg

• Funny 4
  • Haha 1

7 posts
13 minutes ago, SardineFish said:

While at it, must well introduce sexy foxy & spider spirits ships to complete the series :Smile_teethhappy:

This sounds like an opportunity to sell (yet more) alternative camouflages and avatars for the Azure Lane / ARP ships.

• Haha 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
6 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Journey to the West, they took it too literally. I mean apart from Bajie, all these ships are based on the western navies.:Smile_trollface:

More like "Western ships journeying to the East" then?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[LGND]
569 posts
13,709 battles

phpEMLAlL

I hope someone make a mod to change his face to Sanzhang FGO for Hor~~ i mean science purpose....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[CL]
Beta Tester
1,457 posts
18,545 battles

image.png.4f5146f7e6659385068a15081919640f.thumb.png.388644796b5564ba9de16fc2742f62b2.pngWG_SPB_WoWS_screenshots_siliwangi_1920x1080.jpg.77b96b8963d21968ddaf0b53b67c3e5f.thumb.jpg.d06f5de8690beb6bec7cd547b992bf6f.jpgimage.png.f05a712f080bd1b5895faa70cdee4554.thumb.png.133dd2b7c3b5b3f3c6e7ca6409b75862.png

But

1606473499925.thumb.jpg.f1e122afcc591a6e1819ead587df7666.jpg1343940.gif.3b1895b469413728715132075c211a10.gif

Garuda on fen yang?

There must be something wrong.

Edited by F835
  • Thanks 1

[SMOKE]
2,508 posts
18,035 battles

phpdDPMdg

Why do an IJN destroyer that end up in ROC Navy service got an Indonesian Camouflage ?  Is this what they mean by Pan-Asian !?

Edited by Mechfori
  • Thanks 1

188 posts
638 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Journey to the West, they took it too literally. I mean apart from Bajie, all these ships are based on the western navies.:Smile_trollface:

Well, if they keep going to the west after reaching the America, they will still reach Japan anyway:Smile_hiding:

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

@S4pp3R

It seems like 10.0 is around Lunar New year. So 10.0 will be late January or Early February.

Lunar New Year is Feb. 12, 2021.

See this is throwing my maths completely out...

Like even if the patch was late Jan, it's still out of whack.

Ok, so let's say 0911 drops this coming week and work off normal timelines from there...

Clinically they've been every 4 weeks for a while now but let's keep in mind they used to do 3 weeks.

OK, so the 0911 patch should have dropped on the 26 Nov...

So for a start point let's work with that.

4 weeks would be 24 Dec, a whole lot of nope there so let's go 17 Dec, pretty standard.

So.

Let's say they stick to the original schedule of 4 weeks per patch, 21 Jan would be 10.0...

BUT...

They often go an extra week over xmas going into the New Year.

So

My prediction atm a:

- 01-03 Dec 0.9.11

- 17 Dec 0.9.12

- 21/28 Jan 10.0

- 10.0.1 for Lunar New Year around 4/11 Feb.

But who flipping knows, I mean look at Vampire II, if they think that's even a remotely good start to a balanced ship... ...

Like it even has a sister ship, in game for reference...

If they wanted it to be run-and-gun - it'd need better shells and DPM, and pen, and... ... ... ... ...

Anyways I derailed myself. Thinking about it, given anchors aweigh, they probs originally planned for 21 Jan 21 for 10.0.0.

[re-railing successful]

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Well, if they keep going to the west after reaching the America, they will still reach Japan anyway:Smile_hiding:

It becomes:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,879 posts
14,444 battles

Journey to the West done

what's next?

The Legend of the Condor Heroes?

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[-CAT-]
3,414 posts
13,592 battles
1 hour ago, Onlinegamer said:

Journey to the West done

what's next?

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Water Margin
Dream of the Red Chamber

:fish_book:

• Haha 1

188 posts
638 battles
17 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

Journey to the West done

what's next?

The Legend of Wong Fei Hong.

Jet Li as ship captain:Smile_hiding:

Administrator, WG Staff
298 posts

Alright, homies. I am super thankful for all your feedback, but I was wondering if you would help me understand some of your thoughts. 

On 11/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, Paladinum said:

Goddammit.

This is getting out of hand. Well, it is always out of hand, it's just getting more ridiculous.

Goddammit.

I know this was more of a reaction than anything else, but can you explain what you mean by "It's just getting more ridiculous?" This is for @Paladinum or anyone else who feels similarly. I just want to understand what you feel is getting worse so I can share that with my team. 

I appreciate y'all. 

ALSO! I am going to look into the concern around the Garuda camo on the Feng Yang. Thank you to everyone who brought that up. 

Sail

• Cool 1

5,693 posts
9,506 battles
3 hours ago, mademoisail said:

know this was more of a reaction than anything else, but can you explain what you mean by "It's just getting more ridiculous?" This is for @Paladinum or anyone else who feels similarly. I just want to understand what you feel is getting worse so I can share that with my team

Here's the thing: people would ridicule these ships less if they are historical ships from Pan-Asian navies (RoC or Phillipines or Indonesian navy, etc.), not copy-pasta of T8/9 tech tree ships. Selling the skins (camos) and the captains alone would be enough. The ships as well? 

That also gives me expectation that WG will have to make a full Pan-Asian tech tree in the future.

I remember the days when WG said they won't sell T9/10 ships for real money. And unlike the "subs don't fit in the game" by Chieftain, WG representatives said that themselves.

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
12 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Here's the thing: people would ridicule these ships less if they are historical ships from Pan-Asian navies (RoC or Phillipines or Indonesian navy, etc.), not copy-pasta of T8/9 tech tree ships. Selling the skins (camos) and the captains alone would be enough. The ships as well? 

That also gives me expectation that WG will have to make a full Pan-Asian tech tree in the future.

I remember the days when WG said they won't sell T9/10 ships for real money. And unlike the "subs don't fit in the game" by Chieftain, WG representatives said that themselves.

I still want Bajie though - just straight upgraded Izumo...